Harlequin - OUT SEPTEMBER 27th
new music

LORDE - TE AO MĀRAMA

roy

Featured Posts

Lorde releases five songs from her album 'Solar Power', translated and sung in Te Reo Māori, the native language of Aotearoa (New Zealand)!

Royalties from Te Ao Mārama go towards NZ-based charities, Forest and Bird, and Te Hua Kawariki Charitable trust. 

Buy 12" vinyl: https://lorde.store/products/te-ao-marama-12-vinyl 

Spotify:

YouTube links:

Spoiler

rah rah rah rah

RAMROD

No Mood Ring?!! :dom:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ 𝚍𝚊𝚗𝚌𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚑𝚊𝚍𝚘𝚠 𝚘𝚏 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚗𝚒-𝚒-𝚒-𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝...! (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

i love ittttt omg sounds amazing, that's really neat of her. I hope it's not seen as offensive and more appreciative 

Luv u Sum

i love this so much !!!! really hoping she doesn’t get hate for this. i’m an interview attached to her most recent news letter it talks about all the people who she worked with and educated her on the culture and language of native new zealanders 

not to mention 100% of net sales are being donated to NZ charity site wide not just for the vinyl which is amazing 

U-GO-BOY
3 hours ago, weed said:

i love ittttt omg sounds amazing, that's really neat of her. I hope it's not seen as offensive and more appreciative 

why would this be offensive? Lorde is from New Zealand

alsemanche

Solar Power (the track) strangely sounds better here??? Something about the flow of the words works a lot with the melody and rhythm. 

Also I love how some cultural references have been shifted to relate to Māori culture, like replacing prettier Jesus with Hinemoana. 

Soft, soothing, and succulent

hELXIG

OMG QUEEN! 

This is really amazing because the Maori language is not very commonly spoken here and it means a lot for someone with reach like her to bring light to the language

They taught us some Te Reo Maori in school, and our national anthem is sung in both English and Maori, but I've forgotten pretty much all of it :ohno:    It's been a struggle to top the language from dying in the past but I think people are really making an effort to keep it alive which is so cool to see

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.

hELXIG

Listening to Te Ao Marama / Solar Power makes me want to cry lmao

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.

Archived