Die With A Smile Music Video Banner
opinion

CEREMONY || Happier Than Ever || Billie Eilish

TheSlash

Featured Posts

TheSlash

The album got praised by the press and the GP :diane: . And the participants were not exception. So here's what they thought of the album in general.

@Born This Way:"It's miles better than what the singles implied. It's more than a worthy follow up to WWAFAWDWG and I could see another AOTY nomination."

@PopTwo:"I prefer this album to her first as this album shows her music is maturing."

@TD878:"Never really listened to Billie before in depth, but this album really made me feel emotions I've never felt before yet feel so relatable. Definitely gonna be one of the best albums of 2021 in my opinion, and I thank Billie for this beautiful peace of work! :)"

@GaGaLB:"Very good album"

@Agunimon:"Amazing album as a whole body of work. More often than not, I have gone to listen to the album in full without skipping any tracks. So far, definitely a contender for album of the year."

@ProfessionalClown :"Absolutely adore it but I do miss the more experimental vibe of WWAFAWDWG but I understand the point of the album so I respect it and enjoy it for what it is. Also if Happier Than Ever isnt the #1 song I’m suing "

@RAMROD:"8.5/10"

@Trunks:"A very cohesive and good album, well done Billie. "

@Ferdi47:"Solid but not groundbreaking, sadly. Happier than ever is a BOP though."

@AloraRola:"A great album in general, it has some gems but I think I would need time for some songs to grow on me"

@TheSlash:"Billie really outdid herself with this album and showed us how much more mature she became. This will be in my music rotation for years to come."

@Pennywise:"I loved the album in general. There are some parts that sound very repetitive, but overall it keeps that "Billie Eilish" sound and explores it too, although I wish it would go even further in terms of exploring new sounds. Definitely one of my favorite albums this year. "

@Cello:"A perfect sophomore album for Billie, building on her already amazing catalogue. I love the more mature themes and production on this, and I'm now even more excited to see how her career evolves! "

@gustavv:"One of the best albums ever!"

@huttont:"It’s very cohesive. I enjoy the album but it wasn’t what I was hoping for. But I’m happy Billie gave us some really great tracks. And is doing what she wants."

@BillieGOAT:"My overall sentiment towards the album is that I’m so glad she didn’t box herself in. I was worried that this album was going to lean on the same sound that she rose to fame for. There are elements of her classic sound throughout the album, but it is a clear departure from WWAFA, WDWG. I can hear her leaning more into her storytelling ability through her lyrics, and I can hear her and FINNEAS exploring non-traditional song and chord structures, which as a musician is so exciting. Loved the album. I’m not sure if I like it better than her last record or not yet.. but I was not disappointed!"

@alsemanche:"Album of the year. That's all. "

@BELLYACHE:"I def thought there were some solid tracks but some songs could have gone harder and unique but Billies voice makes it all cohesive it’s an 8 for me not better than any of her past work tho"

@StressedOut:"Overall such a solid set of tunes, she expands on what she does best and shows she's in charge. "

@antran123:"I love this album, very relaxing "

@Goddess Of Love:"I really prefer Happier Than Ever more than any of Billie’s previous work. It feels mature, the songs explore important subjects and at the same time they sound good sonically as well."

@ororo munroe :"Overall production is flawless, great vocals and really interesting song structures! Sometimes album lacks energy, but it’s okay, because most of the songs are memorable and moody. Wish Billie would sing more songs that show us her vocals. "

@Healed My Heart:"This is a really great album and one of my favorites so far this year. It feels cohesive with Billie's first album, but still like an evolution. And I think Happier Than Ever is her best song yet. I think the album would be stronger if it removed a couple ballads and a couple filler-y songs, but overall, I love it!"

@nightadieu:"As someone who loved her don’t smile at me EP and completely didn’t like her WWAFAWDWG? era I’m happy to find myself listening to her more again"

@gypsy101:"a lot of great stuff on this album even if it’s more subdued in general than her debut. the highs are very high"

Ew, David!

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Cello
Just now, Healed My Heart said:

But Male Fantasy is so beautiful :duck:

I love Male Fantasy, I'm just expecting that other people won't because there were a lot of complaints about HTE not being the closer :cryga:

do i need to understand a pineapple to eat a banana

TheSlash
3 minutes ago, Cello said:

I love Male Fantasy, I'm just expecting that other people won't because there were a lot of complaints about HTE not being the closer :cryga:

Well, the song itself is really cute, but the fact it closes the album instead of the title track literally ruined the song for me :duck: .

Ew, David!

TheSlash

In 5 minutes #16 will be revealed . Which song do you think failed miserably :billie: ?

Ew, David!

TheSlash

Not My Responsibility

Average rating: 5.56

Lowest rating: 0 @BillieGOAT @LadyEnigma @alsemanche @antran123

Highest rating: 10 @Julien Mayer @Teletubby @Ferdi47 @nightadieu

Comments:

@TD878: Some great words written here, makes me really feel sorry for her (4)

@Julien Mayer: I love the instrumental and the meaning of the interlude (10)

@Agunimon : This isn't really a song. But the production is gorgeous, so I'm giving it at 5. (5)

@TheSlash: I like the message of it and that it kinda is a "remnant" of her canceled world tour. Doesn't work as a standalone track, but in the flow of the album easily acts as a short breather. (8)

@Pennywise: Great words, but this is not a song, so I don't see how I can rate it the same with the others. (5)

@Cello: TELL 'EM BILLZ (7)

@BillieGOAT: I had to give something a zero.. it feels slightly lazy that this was a tour interlude we had in march of 2020 that was just slapped onto the album.. idk maybe i’m being petty (0)

@alsemanche: Alright listen. I love the message. I love the fact that she recorded this and showed it during her tour. I love everything about it. BUT this shouldn't have been an album track. It's way too long to be an interlude, and it just ruins the flow of the album. I wish she kept it off the album and only included OverHeated as an album track version of this piece because they're essentially the same message. (0)

@StressedOut: The soundscape this song creates is really cool, I know it's been around as an interlude forever, but Finneas really went off on this one. It's all very subtle. (8)

@Healed My Heart: It's so badass that she included this on the album. A direct response to everyone that has criticized her - honest, poignant, and pretty embarrassing for people who have talked sh*t about her, tbh. I think it would be more impactful without the instrumental, and the long intro - if it were just purely her voice. And I think the placement within the album is odd... after a song that sounds like a lullaby (Halley's), and before a song that, to me, is just filler (Overheated). (8)

@nightadieu: It went viral FOR A REASON. Billie deserves the world for using her platform and reach to talk about an important topic like this one (10)

@gypsy101: not a bad track just not really a song and exhausting to listen to on relistens (4) 

Ew, David!

Healed My Heart
10 minutes ago, Cello said:

5 minutes ago, TheSlash said:

Well, the song itself is really cute, but the fact it closes the album instead of the title track literally ruined the song for me :duck: .

100% agree the placement wasn't ideal. HTE unquestionably should have been the closer. Still love the song though :flutter:

She/her 💗💜💙

Hyperobject
1 minute ago, TheSlash said:

Not My Responsibility

Average rating: 5.56

Lowest rating: 0 @BillieGOAT @LadyEnigma @alsemanche @antran123

Highest rating: 10 @Julien Mayer @Teletubby @Ferdi47 @nightadieu

Comments:

@TD878: Some great words written here, makes me really feel sorry for her (4)

@Julien Mayer: I love the instrumental and the meaning of the interlude (10)

@Agunimon : This isn't really a song. But the production is gorgeous, so I'm giving it at 5. (5)

@TheSlash: I like the message of it and that it kinda is a "remnant" of her canceled world tour. Doesn't work as a standalone track, but in the flow of the album easily acts as a short breather. (8)

@Pennywise: Great words, but this is not a song, so I don't see how I can rate it the same with the others. (5)

@Cello: TELL 'EM BILLZ (7)

@BillieGOAT: I had to give something a zero.. it feels slightly lazy that this was a tour interlude we had in march of 2020 that was just slapped onto the album.. idk maybe i’m being petty (0)

@alsemanche: Alright listen. I love the message. I love the fact that she recorded this and showed it during her tour. I love everything about it. BUT this shouldn't have been an album track. It's way too long to be an interlude, and it just ruins the flow of the album. I wish she kept it off the album and only included OverHeated as an album track version of this piece because they're essentially the same message. (0)

@StressedOut: The soundscape this song creates is really cool, I know it's been around as an interlude forever, but Finneas really went off on this one. It's all very subtle. (8)

@Healed My Heart: It's so badass that she included this on the album. A direct response to everyone that has criticized her - honest, poignant, and pretty embarrassing for people who have talked sh*t about her, tbh. I think it would be more impactful without the instrumental, and the long intro - if it were just purely her voice. And I think the placement within the album is odd... after a song that sounds like a lullaby (Halley's), and before a song that, to me, is just filler (Overheated). (8)

@nightadieu: It went viral FOR A REASON. Billie deserves the world for using her platform and reach to talk about an important topic like this one (10)

@gypsy101: not a bad track just not really a song and exhausting to listen to on relistens (4) 

deserved :partysick:

Cello
5 minutes ago, TheSlash said:

Lowest rating: 0 @BillieGOAT 

gurl explain :partysick:

Edit: nvm, just saw your comment :huntyga:

do i need to understand a pineapple to eat a banana

Hyperobject

message is great tho

but sounds overdramatic and kinda out of place :partysick:

Healed My Heart

I get the criticism of NMR not actually being a song, even though I personally think it was amazing that she put it on the album :tony:

She/her 💗💜💙

Archived