💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Diane Warren blames pop stars for having multiple co-authors in a song

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Teletubby

di.gif
“Why is this song 10 times worse?”: Diane Warren blames pop songs with multiple co-authors

The legend of songwriting, which wrote hits for Toni Braxton, and Lady Gaga, can’t believe that most of today’s pop songs have so many names in credit. 

In a Wired Column of the Daily Star, Diane said:
“I look at the credits and think:” What did you guys do? Why is this song 10 times worse? “
“Prince wrote a song that was ten times better than these songs, which everyone in the room recognizes as a writer.”

The record producer, who just released her debut album, The Cave Sessions Volume 1, isn’t a fan of how artists market contemporary music. 
'Recently, “For me, it’s like’This is a great song. Listen on the radio!'” But it’s like “Well, no, you have to build a story.” is. F *** That.
“I don’t know how the Beatles and Prince would work if they existed now. They had to do a TikTok campaign, and if that didn’t work, the label would play their music. I didn’t push. Do you know? But it’s still an undeniable song. I still believe it. “

source

I had a hole in the pocket of my favourite coat And my love for @Juanlittlem dropped into the lining

bionic

I do sometimes wonder how a song can have like 8+ writers when the lyrics are very simple

BUT I don't think it makes the song any less valuable because of that

buy bionic

bionic
2 minutes ago, Kimmo said:

***Beyoncé’s camp writing has left the chat…
giphy.gif?cid=5e214886f1cbf946b0b8fb59ba

Sia has left the basement :giveup: 

buy bionic

1 minute ago, TylerBR97 said:

What “hit” has she written for Gaga?

The #1 Dance hit TIHTY of course :pawsup:

CyanDante
30 minutes ago, bionic said:

I do sometimes wonder how a song can have like 8+ writers when the lyrics are very simple

BUT I don't think it makes the song any less valuable because of that

Songwriting is not just lyrics though, it includes melodies, hooks, choruses, all sorts of things.

I'm not very good with Social Mediaᵀᴹ

Suspiria
45 minutes ago, Teletubby said:

'Recently, “For me, it’s like’This is a great song. Listen on the radio!'” But it’s like “Well, no, you have to build a story.” is. F *** That.
“I don’t know how the Beatles and Prince would work if they existed now. They had to do a TikTok campaign, and if that didn’t work, the label would play their music. I didn’t push. Do you know? But it’s still an undeniable song. I still believe it. “

0_Screen-Shot-2019-04-26-at-125754.png

Harry

Writing credits are way more complicated than they appear, especially nowadays … It blows my mind that people still think that a song with numerous credits had all of those people working on every single lyric of a song. It’s a really general and simple take tbh.

Before all the twinks try to start dragging Beyonce, remember that Gaga had 8 writers to come up with “I live for the applause-plause live for the applause-plause”…

duckworth
4 minutes ago, Harry said:

remember that Gaga had 8 writers to come up with “I live for the applause-plause live for the applause-plause”…

and had 15 to say she "heard a sine from above" 

edit: i love the song,, no hate intended. just to back the point :huntyga:

RAMROD

Didn't she partake in this scheme too? By that, I mean being the co-writer? :poot:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

RahrahWitch

I don't really agree, I think collaboration is good. A lot of songs are great because they had so many artists working together to make it. There's also no way for people to see just how involved each of those writers were, the main artist could come up with 80% of the song but need help from a couple people perfecting it to make it to 100% of their vision.

When a song is just awful and has so many people involved that's when it gets a bit questionable.

Harry
15 minutes ago, duckworth said:

and had 15 to say she "heard a sine from above" 

edit: i love the song,, no hate intended. just to back the point :huntyga:

Lol exactly! People really think it’s just ten people in a room scrambling their brains over each line when it’s clearly not that simple…

Archived