❤︎ OUT NOW! ❤︎

Billboard: Top 25 Tours of 2012 (BTWB #6)

Star

Featured Posts

Express Yourself

Gagas ticket prices aren't even comparable to the absurd prices Madonna charges her fans. Shes notorious for being overpriced on the road.

The people going to Madonna's concerts don't seem to mind seeing that watching Madonna live is worth the price.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Americano

When she kept getting booed for showing up late or doing like 2 songs in France, at her own shows, I think they did mind.

Congrats to Gaga! 65 out of 65 reported shows sold out. And she's only 26. The Born This Way Ball Tour is bound to gross more than $200 million by the time it concludes in early 2013. And this would be her second consecutive world tour to pull such achievement. Not to mention, she'd be the only solo contemporary artist of this generation to do such thing. :legend:

Express Yourself

All crazy and mind-sick Madonna fans can blindly swim in the poisonous admiration of their star and spam Billboard comment sections, ignoring the fact that Madonna is attracting less and less viewers to her shows, and even her financial results with this tour are worse than her previous tour (though the number of dates is almost the same)

You can't really compare the ticket sales of a concert before the financial crisis and a tour after the GFC.Its just not a fair comparison to make in this economy.

When she kept getting booed for showing up late or doing like 2 songs in France, at her own shows, I think they did mind.

The crowd for 1 smaller show in France counts for the opinion of all the people that went to the other70+ shows does it?

bumblebee

You can't really compare the ticket sales of a concert before the financial crisis and a tour after the GFC.Its just not a fair comparison to make in this economy.

The crowd for 1 smaller show in France counts for the opinion of all the people that went to the other70+ shows does it?

The financial crisis is a complex problem and it didn't spread equally around all the territories in the world. Some places on the planet went through the harsh times, but some could deal with it relatively easy, so dividing all the world into pre-crisis and post-crisis isn't fair, too. You can't write all the problems off towards the financial crisis. Really. There are some other reasons which should be counted, too

And as a reply to your second question - no, not only France. If you are really interested,

Madonna 2008 x Madonna 2012

Ullevi Gothenburg 119,709 / 119,709 (100%)

Parken Stadium Copenhagen 48,064 / 48,064 (100%)

Military Airfield Zurich 70,314 / 70,314 (100%)

Stade de France Paris 138,163 / 138,163 (100%)

Olympic Stadium Rome 57,690 / 57,690 (100%)

Wembley Stadium London 73,349 / 73,349 (100%)

Hayarkon Park Tel Aviv 99,674 / 99,674 (100%)

100k in Rio

3 sold out shows in São Paulo = 196,656

4 sold out shows in Buenos Aires

Ullevi Gothenburg 36,472 / 36,472 (100%)

Parken Stadium Copenhagen 29,416 / 29,416 (100%)

Letzigrund Zurich 37,792 / 37,792 (100%)

Stade De France Paris 62,195 / 62,195 (100%)

Stadio Olimpico Rome 36,658 / 36,658 (100%)

Hyde Park London 54,140 / 54,140 (100%)

Ramat Gan Stadium Tel Aviv 33,457 / 33,457 (100%)

the info I got from another thread.

Please mind, that I'm replying with respect and I do appreciate your opinion, and I have nothing against Madonna as an artist - I don enjoy some of her music.

I just wanna make clear that some part of her fanbase, which is always in the comment sections of the major music media, is trying to canonize Madonna and make her a saint person, and is absolutely blind towards some of the problems her tour was also dealing with. I would never give a f*ck, but they are pouring too much sh*t on Gaga, and that's something I can't stand.

Express Yourself

The financial crisis is a complex problem and it didn't spread equally around all the territories in the world. Some places on the planet went through the harsh times, but some could deal with it relatively easy, so dividing all the world into pre-crisis and post-crisis isn't fair, too. You can't write all the problems off towards the financial crisis. Really. There are some other reasons which should be counted, too

And as a reply to your second question - no, not only France. If you are really interested,

Madonna 2008 x Madonna 2012

Ullevi Gothenburg 119,709 / 119,709 (100%)

Parken Stadium Copenhagen 48,064 / 48,064 (100%)

Military Airfield Zurich 70,314 / 70,314 (100%)

Stade de France Paris 138,163 / 138,163 (100%)

Olympic Stadium Rome 57,690 / 57,690 (100%)

Wembley Stadium London 73,349 / 73,349 (100%)

Hayarkon Park Tel Aviv 99,674 / 99,674 (100%)

100k in Rio

3 sold out shows in São Paulo = 196,656

4 sold out shows in Buenos Aires

Ullevi Gothenburg 36,472 / 36,472 (100%)

Parken Stadium Copenhagen 29,416 / 29,416 (100%)

Letzigrund Zurich 37,792 / 37,792 (100%)

Stade De France Paris 62,195 / 62,195 (100%)

Stadio Olimpico Rome 36,658 / 36,658 (100%)

Hyde Park London 54,140 / 54,140 (100%)

Ramat Gan Stadium Tel Aviv 33,457 / 33,457 (100%)

the info I got from another thread.

Please mind, that I'm replying with respect and I do appreciate your opinion, and I have nothing against Madonna as an artist - I don enjoy some of her music.

I just wanna make clear that some part of her fanbase, which is always in the comment sections of the major music media, is trying to canonize Madonna and make her a saint person, and is absolutely blind towards some of the problems her tour was also dealing with. I would never give a f*ck, but they are pouring too much sh*t on Gaga, and that's something I can't stand.

Don't react to them though. Does some randoms opinion really matter in the end? You like gaga and no one can change that.

bumblebee

Don't react to them though. Does some randoms opinion really matter in the end? You like gaga and no one can change that.

I do realize it, but it's like when someone is saying bad words about your friend, and it's hard to stay chill :roll:

Express Yourself

I do realize it, but it's like when someone is saying bad words about your friend, and it's hard to stay chill :roll:

GGD feels like those comment sections when it comes to Madonna sometimes. Some people say some real deluded **** sometimes :wtf:

Jellybean Monster

I don't care what anyone says, being #6 in the world when your tour isn't finished and you've sold out all your shows...That's excellent. She is not Madonna, she hasn't been around since like 1983, so I don't really expect her to surpass Madonna tbh

If you take some things into consideration, you may conclude that Madonna earned approximately 140$ per attending person, while GaGa earned 112$. I think asking an average of 140 against 112 from your fans is to be taken into consideration. Makes Madonna look like she's all in for the money, which she obviously is.

It isn't all about how much money a tour grossed. It's about how many people you played to, and how much money you pulled out of their pockets.

That being said, I believe that Bruce Springsteen truthfully deserves that first place as he got to share his music with 500.000 more attending fans than Madonna, and he only asked approximately 92$ on average. That's how you treat your fans right.

Funfact - If Madge asked the same price on average as GaGa, her tour would have grossed 183 million, which would make her tour #3. If GaGa asked what Madonna is asking, considering she would still sell out that way, she could've made 155,6 million which would put her at #4 beating MJ and Coldplay.

Funfact 2 - Seeing as how long Madonna's career is and how long GaGa's is, the fact that Madonna only sells about 5000 more tickets per show than GaGa is rather pathethic. GaGa's amount of attendance is at about 77% of what Madonna brings in. If GaGa had all those extra years Madonna did, she would obviously attend more than what Madonna is attending now. Reason being; Madonna is visibly in for the money, doesn't have any connection with her fans and mocks other artists all the time isolating herself.

Madge's percentage of attendance when compared to Bruce Springsteen though is only 75%. Bruce gathers 7000+ more fans than Madonna per concert. Queen Bruce Springsteen anyone? He appeals to so much more people.

Funfact 3 - If Bruce Springsteen would've asked 140$ average for tickets he would've grossed about 295.000.000, or let's say 280.000.000 (15.000.000 saved by people that don't wanna pay).

#1 tour anyone?

But hey congrats Madonna you are rich. What are you going to buy? More money to stick into the Red Label Johnny Walker foundation (MDNA in stores now)? But yes GaGa's 400.000 BTW sales cuz of that 1$ action on amazon is so bad! Good thing she has some catchy songs though because her live voice (wait, does Madge even sing it live?) is dreadfull sometimes. /rage

:legend: i love you! where were you to help me defend gaga in the comments section on that page that this chart was posted aka billboards.com aka madonna fans breeding ground.

and btw why does it say all of her shows so far were sold out, didn't some of the shows only have like 80% and even one where it was almost half, at least that's what i read on the tour information in tours forum.

bumblebee

and btw why does it say all of her shows so far were sold out, didn't some of the shows only have like 80% and even one where it was almost half, at least that's what i read on the tour information in tours forum.

The tickets could have been sold out, actually. Nobody knows why those people never turned up to the concert, you see

besides, it's a special thing with Gaga and with some other artists. When the tickets are sold not directly through Live Nation, they actually sell them first to the re-seller, and the re-seller sells the tickets to the audience. That's why they will be counted as sold-outs, I think )

bumblebee

Hey everybody!

"This is a ranking by box-office gross compiled from Billboard Boxscore data reported between Nov. 9, 2011 and Nov. 13, 2012." - a quote from Yahoo Chart Watch. So, Gaga's Latin America Leg finished on November, 26. That's why we didn't get it by the time this ranking was built

Psychedelic

Here comes the f***ing Madonna Stans hate on Gaga because Madonna is 1.

I dont see anyone hating on Gaga on this thread, I see Gaga stans hating on Madge because she is number 1 RATHER!!!

Everyone is explaining how Madonna charges millions and that's why she is numbe one... aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagh

Guys, Madonna will die some day and probably Gaga will be number one then and forever so GET OVER IT!

Congratualtions to evryone on the list

Archived