🐍 Official visual for Dorian Electra's remix of "Replay" 🐍

society

US vaccination rate rises to 700k / day

ThisGuyTony

Featured Posts

ThisGuyTony

“The US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention reported that 816,203 doses were administered Saturday, the fifth straight day the agency recorded more than 700,000 shots in arms. That brings the total number of doses administered to 346,456,669, according to CDC numbers released Sunday. 

The 7-day average of administered doses is now 662,529 per day, the highest average since July 7.

Per CDC data released Sunday, 168.4 million people are fully vaccinated, or 49.6% of the US population. Among vaccine-eligible Americans -- meaning those who are 12 and older -- 58.1% are fully vaccinated.”

Source

• Like 1
  • YAAAS 1
  • Love 1
homomo

Damn. That’s kinda on par with the uptake in some Eastern European countries. Do that many people in the US really not want the vaccine? Or was there just a lag in supply over the past few months?

Edited by homomo
  • Like 1
FATCAT
6 minutes ago, homomo said:

Damn. That’s kinda on par with the uptake in some Eastern European countries. Do that many people in the US really not want the vaccine? Or was there just a lag in supply over the past few months?

There's been no lag in supply, we've had surplus of vaccines ready, people just aren't taking them.

Purr more, hiss less.
  • Like 4
Aetheryte
14 minutes ago, homomo said:

The vaccine is a political issue in America, and political identity is prominent here. Sad.

ThisGuyTony
15 minutes ago, homomo said:

They don’t want it.

• Sad 2
RahrahWitch

That's so disappointing :smh: I'm scared these antivaxxers are going to ruin it for us all.

Mister G
15 minutes ago, RahrahWitch said:

That's so disappointing :smh: I'm scared these antivaxxers are going to ruin it for us all.

Ironic how they’re the primary group getting very sick from the Delta variant and even more disturbing when those who somehow recover refuse to get vaccinated afterwards.

• Like 2
JusKeepBreathin

tenor.gif

Me practicing my idea for vaccinating all the idiot white men at CPAC. Half the unvaccinated problem solved. 

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.
GodofLove
1 minute ago, JusKeepBreathin said:

tenor.gif

Me practicing my idea for vaccinating all the idiot white men at CPAC. Half the unvaccinated problem solved. 

that sounds racist

flyaway

Tbh, this should continue without the antivaxxers. If they don't wanna get vaccinated, then it's under their own risk. Covid is going nowhere. I think vaccination each year will become the norm for now. 

I feel for those who can't get vaccinated because they're the ones who will have it hard without it being their fault. 

Why is humanity so stupid? 

Edited by flyaway
JusKeepBreathin
1 hour ago, Suspiria said:

Black people and women are actually the ones most likely to refuse a vaccine in the US though:bear:

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/which-us-demographics-are-more-likely-to-refuse-a-covid-19-vaccine

I said half the problem solved not the ENTIRE problem and I said it as a joke. What kind of white pride loving place is GGD turning into?

Also, I don't actually own a blow dart gun just incase people take that seriously too. WTF.

Also your percentages about blacks may be right but those are numbers given by white people who like to pass the blame. A higher percent of only 14% of the population isn't not greater than a lower percentage of 62% of the population.

So 88% of 14% of the total US population is actually lower than 40% of 62% of the US population. If you really really really want to get technical. 

32.5 million unvaccinated black people.

78.4 million unvaccinated whites. 

Based on a 326 million current US population. 196 million non hispanic whites and 37 million blacks. 

There is more unvaccinated white men than the total number of unvaccinated black people in the US. 

Edited by JusKeepBreathin
"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.
LandonM170
1 hour ago, homomo said:

as someone from Alabama, US I can say unfortunately yes. In the US, COVID-19 is political (thanks to that asshole Donald Trump **** him). Republicans are even saying the CDC is now political due to wanting people to wear masks (you can't make this **** up) :selena:

JusKeepBreathin
24 minutes ago, JusKeepBreathin said:

I said half the problem solved not the ENTIRE problem and I said it as a joke. What kind of white pride loving place is GGD turning into?

Also, I don't actually own a blow dart gun just incase people take that seriously too. WTF.

Also your percentages about blacks may be right but those are numbers given by white people who like to pass the blame. A higher percent of only 14% of the population isn't not greater than a lower percentage of 62% of the population.

So 88% of 14% of the total US population is actually lower than 40% of 62% of the US population. If you really really really want to get technical. 

32.5 million unvaccinated black people.

78.4 million unvaccinated whites. 

Based on a 326 million current US population. 196 million non hispanic whites and 37 million blacks. 

There is more unvaccinated white men than the total number of unvaccinated black people in the US. 

Sorry. That weird thing is happening again where my edits are being posted as quotes. 

Edited by JusKeepBreathin