• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
spector

i guess he forgot about his talented mr. ripley days :lolly: 

stella + elliot = stelliot

Not The Real Gaga
12 minutes ago, artdoll said:

I mean, I understand, it's obvious it's a step forward and I applaud that and especially his daughter for calling him out, but my point is that there's no way he didn't know it was slur within recent months of him using it, it reminds me of the ceo of Papa John's (if I remember correctly) talking about how he stopped using the n-word so much, like, okay? you shouldn't have been using it in the first place... :wtfga:

I think many people of the older generations like his are not really aware of the impact and meaning of certain words and the pain they can cause. Those grew up using those slurs, seeing no harm in them. It's so normalised they don't know better.

Sometimes you really need someone calling you out on something like this to understand it.

The younger generations have the privilege to get educated from a very young age on this matter.

I am glad Damon has shared this story. Hopefully he inspires others to put a step in the right direction too.

flyaway

Didn't he also turn a blind eye when he knew about H Weinstein's abuse by choosing not to say anything at all? 

I'm not a fan of him.  

artdoll
2 minutes ago, Not The Real Gaga said:

I think many people of the older generations like his are not really aware of the impact and meaning of certain words and the pain they can cause. Those grew up using those slurs, seeing no harm in them. It's so normalised they don't know better.

Sometimes you really need someone calling you out on something like this to understand it.

The younger generations have the privilege to get educated from a very young age on this matter.

I am glad Damon has shared this story. Hopefully he inspires others to put a step in the right direction too.

I agree, I definitely know from first-hand experiences that older generations don't see that some words they use are very harmful, so I do hope that this shows people to educate themselves and not continue their usage of slurs 

。゚☁ glued up, sometimes it's too much ☁ ゚。

judaspriest
19 minutes ago, spector said:

i guess he forgot about his talented mr. ripley days :lolly: 

Yeah he had some yaoi funtimes with Jude Law there

HIM820

Um to all the comments saying he’s of the older generation… he’s 50- not 80. Yea it’s technically older but his generation is still somewhat culturally relevant to know certain things. That on top of the fact he isn’t working in some kind of field where he’s in a bubble with men just like him. He’s in the entertainment industry. He should 100% know better. 

35 minutes ago, Not The Real Gaga said:

I’m 42 with a sibling who’s 50.  Trust, this is not an “of the older generation” situation.  If we were talking about a baby boomer, ok.  But not gen x.  He should have known better a LONG time ago.  

PunkTheFunk

Jesus, recent months?? The thought of a powerful straight man using the f word makes my skin crawl.

LaLuna

Just goes to show, sometimes children are the educated ones, not the parents.

But come on, if in this day and age you still don't know that word is offensive, then I don't know what to tell you.

Also his excuse about using that word in a movie, as if it makes it okay :saladga:

Pennywise

Well, I STILL ship him with Ben Affleck :flop:

YOUR GOD IS NOT HERE MICHAEL NOR WILL HE EVER BE

Archived