đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Ben Stiller faces backlash over debate about nepotism in Hollywood

BUtterfield 8

Featured Posts

Anveeroy
12 hours ago, androiduser said:

just wait til Gaga has a kid in showbiz one day, you'll be singing a different tune :teehee:

:ladyhaha:

Stream Kylie-Janet Discographies!

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Teletubby
11 hours ago, ProfessionalClown said:

I’m talking about recently. It’s not that prevalent anymore. Within the past 10 years nepotism in Hollywood has gone down considerably less and a lot more actors and actresses from non-famous families are becoming a lot more Prevalent 

Maya Hawke, Billie Lourd, Lily-Rose Depp
most of celebrities kids prefer to be model now : Bella, Gigi and Anwar Hadid, Cara Delevingne, Sofia Richie, Kendall Jenner, Georgia May Jagger, Brooklyn Beckham, Damian Hurley, Kaia Gerber, Christian Combs, Sistine Stallone, Iris Law, Hailey Bieber, Lourdes Leon, Patrick Schwarzenegger, Leni Klum ...

I had a hole in the pocket of my favourite coat And my love for @Juanlittlem dropped into the lining

Hyoha
12 hours ago, JusKeepBreathin said:

Nicolas Cage, George Clooney, Drew Barrymore, Kate Hudson, Zoë Kravitz, Dakota Johnson, Colin Hanks, Michael Douglas, Emma Roberts, Tracee Ellis Ross, Angelina Jolie, Charlie Sheen, Emilio Estevez, 

Aside from three or four out of those, you have listed pretty talented people.

Nepotism does exist and it is unfair as to how easily these people can kickstart their careers, but it’s also hard to maintain a career in showbusiness if you aren’t minimally good at your job.

What I’m saying is, if you’re a mediocre-bad professional, you won’t be working much as you aren’t performing up to industry standards.

sarahb

Eh isn't this how most jobs in general work unfortunately :coffee:

It's more about who you know than what you know :interestinga:

JusKeepBreathin
1 hour ago, Hyoha said:

Aside from three or four out of those, you have listed pretty talented people.

Nepotism does exist and it is unfair as to how easily these people can kickstart their careers, but it’s also hard to maintain a career in showbusiness if you aren’t minimally good at your job.

What I’m saying is, if you’re a mediocre-bad professional, you won’t be working much as you aren’t performing up to industry standards.

You are right. Getting your foot in the door is half the battle. That is where the nepotism comes in. I didn't mention talent on these people. 

I did mention talent on Clint Eastwood and Arnold Schwarzenegger's kids because IMO it's not there yet. And that's not to say that they can't improve. Acting like anything else can improve with time, dedication, and practice. 

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

I respect those who came and  got successful because of pure ambition, pure daydreaming about the job, pure love of the craft, pure passion, pure devotion. Not those who were born with a very decision to make. Oh gee, Im the daughter of Slash, maybe I should become a rock singer, hmmm no maybe Ill be a model, no...actually I wanna make a fashion brand like Stella McCartney. Okay daddy, I want to create my own brand. Yes my daughter, here's the number of Adidas, Nike, Stella McCartney, Paul McCartney, Paris Jackson, Janet Jackson, just pick one person in my address book and try to make things work. Okay daddy but I need 1M to start this, Okay no problem my daughter 4 days transfer to ur bank account. Thank you daddy. Im hiring designers now and a whole team and Ive already got my own building Im renting in less than a month things are moving thank you daddy. The media are talking about me and I already have a good base of 2M followers on Instagram. All I have to do now is to ask my celebrity friends to promote my new brand. Oh my daughter I am so proud of you, you are so smart, you've started this with nothing didn't you? You are such a hard worker. I know daddy its what I tell everyone, now I need a break Im going to Turks and Caicos!!! 

:ohwell:

Teletubby

@KanyeWest you missed this part: "it was harder for me because I already was famous":billie:

I had a hole in the pocket of my favourite coat And my love for @Juanlittlem dropped into the lining

12 minutes ago, Teletubby said:

@KanyeWest you missed this part: "it was harder for me because I already was famous":billie:

Oh please I remember vividly the episode where Kris called one of her contact to make a book for Kendall (photo modelling book), I remember how quickly Kendall ended up walking for huge brands. Normal people they start with nothing, no contact, they gotta create rships and network, a lot of them barely make it in the business cus its so hard, they work so hard, Kendall said she doesnt wanna walk every single show and thinks it's useless. That truly exasperated Naomi Campbell to hear that, bcs Naomi, a girl from London, started with nothing, she did all the shows, she worked worked worked. Look at her, and then look at Kendall. Naomi is pure passion pure ambition pure power, Kendall is doing this like someone would start a hobbie playing guitar on the weekends. It's different, you are different, you are a super duper rich famous kid, you don't understand, stop tryna act like you were so brave, nothing brave in anything uve done. You just made a choice. Many cannot make a choice. I myself, I struggle everyday, scared to make a risky choice, why????? Because u lose it all, you lose a lot of your money, time, and you don't have contacts in higher positions. So tired of these rich famous kids tryna sound like Madonna in an interview, or people like the Jacksons, or Jay Z, you are not them. They worked their way thru crazy ass hardships u wouldnt even survive girl... you wouldnt survive you would give up you wouldve gotten a diploma in community college, modelling is not your passion, you wouldn't risk everything for it, even now with a huge platform you dont even wanna do all the shows. Give me a break girl

Archived