💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Gaga's Accent in House of Gucci

KarmaPolice

Featured Posts

Bradley
1 hour ago, Will Graham said:

AC II and Brotherhood are STILL hands down the best games in that franchise, all the sequels have been much inferior

I've only gotten into the AC franchise and I'm waiting for AC3 to be discounted before I continue.

I dk, I really hope it's not as bad as they say. The critics seem to have reviewed most entries pretty positively though.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sepsami

The R especially gave me russian vibes, the way she pronounces other wordt like Gucci is with an Italian accent though

judaspriest
7 minutes ago, Bradley said:

I've only gotten into the AC franchise and I'm waiting for AC3 to be discounted before I continue.

I dk, I really hope it's not as bad as they say. The critics seem to have reviewed most entries pretty positively though.

They're not terrible, they just aren't the fascinating awesomeness (both past and present storylines) the Renaissance games were.

I would definetly pick up Odyssey, though. For me it's the second best historical era in the series.

Sepsami
2 hours ago, VoidTwo said:

As an Italian myself I agree but I'm happy with it, she could've done way worse

Same I'm just happy it's accurate enough, cuz you know haters would've eaten her alive

Sepsami
39 minutes ago, gagawaffles said:

It sounds like she took some pointers from

donatella

Knowing her she most definitely did

Roseblud Kisses

Kween of Europe as a proud American :diane: 

Skinni Pussi ConfirmedT

ShayCristoforo

Yeah I agree. I think it’s very easy to sound more Russian when doing accents, even when people are trying to sound German, French, etc. 

It’s the rolling of the R’s and the airy sounds, the finishings. Not easy to do perfectly. 

Get the pinot ready, because it's turtle time.

CyanDante
1 hour ago, DanielM said:

That question will be the greatest issue for the critics. The accent is that fine line between a meh performance and a great performance. Meryl Streep's career is all about accents. I'm okay with Gaga doing just a good performance but I'm not expecting an Oscar for acting in her second gig in movies. I just feel sorry for the people here because everybody is SURE she will have another great award season. I wish fans would take down their expectations. 

No, people here are excited about the Gaga and her performance. They are hopeful that she will do well and get the acclaim that she deserves for it. :party:

But thanks for the reality check, I guess we all really really wanted to hear that, we will  keep our expectations low because of your advice. :kiss:

I am so glad and consider it a blessing that I can enjoy something without being hyper critical of everything I see or hear. :diane:

I'm not very good with Social Mediaᵀᴹ

CyanDante
22 minutes ago, Admin said:

My first language is Russian and I don't hear Russian at all.

The funny thing is people who speak Italian are saying it's not that big of a deal and it is quite similar as well. :yennefer:  Plus there are different kinds of Italian accents, not just one.

And the ones who are considering it Russian, are familiarized with the over exaggerated Russian accent that we get in American shows or films. :bear:

KarmaPolice
19 minutes ago, CyanDante said:

The funny thing is people who speak Italian are saying it's not that big of a deal and it is quite similar as well. :yennefer:  Plus there are different kinds of Italian accents, not just one.

And the ones who are considering it Russian, are familiarized with the over exaggerated Russian accent that we get in American shows or films. :bear:

I'm Italian and I say she sounds more east European than Italian.

I mean, hear this and tell me they don't sound alike :ladyhaha:

A MESS

As an Italian boy from Italy (lol) I agree, but it's probably because of the deadpan delivery of the lines. The z sounds she does are very good tho.

Генерал Марина Абрамовић

Admin
12 minutes ago, KarmaPolice said:

I'm Italian and I say she should more east European than Italian.

I think this proves CyanDante‘s point further: the way Americans do the Russian accent is over exaggerated and just plain bad. The guy in the video is doing an impression of a “tough“ guy, not a Russian guy lol

KarmaPolice
2 minutes ago, Admin said:

I think this proves CyanDante‘s point further: the way Americans do the Russian accent is over exaggerated and just plain bad. The guy in the video is doing an impression of a “tough“ guy, not a Russian guy lol

Yeah, of course I'm talking about "Hollywood Russian accent". I know Russians don't sound like that, that was out of question.

CyanDante
8 minutes ago, KarmaPolice said:

I'm Italian and I say she should more east European than Italian.

This feels a bit too hard and gimmicky compared to what I saw in the trailer.

And I thought Gaga's r's and and the s' were quite accurate. Plus if you place it with Patrizia's video, you can't tell me you don't notice the similarity. Gaga just has a deeper voice and you can tell that a lot of hard work has been put into it. :whitney:

And I don't really think it's as bad or "atrocious" and "cringe to watch" as some are making it out to be. :)

Archived