Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Gaga's Accent in House of Gucci

KarmaPolice

Featured Posts

KarmaPolice

So here's a comparision with Patrizia

Ā 

As an Italian native speaker myself (and please respect my opinion, I'm not hating on her work)Ā I think Gaga has some Russian elements in her accent more than Italian. PatriziaĀ sounds like your typical Italian trying to speak English: really musical and over the top but with open vowels. Gaga is closing her vowels and rolling her "R" a bit too much.

Ā 

Just nitpicking tho, nothing serious :)Ā 

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yeah im learning russian so i can see russian influence in her accent too.Ā 

Pretty Please

Predicting 10-20 threads like this a month until the movie comes out. No shade to your opinion, it definitely sounds russian to me too.

COOOK

I totally get you. To anyone who's not a native speaker, there's a fine line between sounding Italian and sounding Russian. It's very hard to stay all the time on the Italian side so kudos to Gaga because on top of thatĀ she still hadĀ to deliver her lines and stay in character

hijadeputa

I think itā€™s cool and Iā€™m not so picky so I love it šŸ˜

Jester

The only problem withĀ accents that I see is that Adam doesnā€™t seem to have oneĀ 

Gagaā€™s is pretty good tbh

Bradley

My very limited knowledge of the Italian accent comes from Assassin's Creed Ezio trilogy and I thought they sounded pretty close to each other, but what do I knowĀ :bear:

Bradley
5 minutes ago, insight said:

If they hired an accent coach, they should get their money back.

I can't imagine them not having done that.

badfaith

The shot after the gunshot scene is a little jarring to me idk why, maybe it's because of the way Gaga was framed. But I can't stop watching itĀ :giveup:Ā IT'S SO GOOD :nooo:

14 minutes ago, COOOK said:

I totally get you. To anyone who's not a native speaker, there's a fine line between sounding Italian and sounding Russian. It's very hard to stay all the time on the Italian side so kudos to Gaga because on top of thatĀ she still hadĀ to deliver her lines and stay in character

What I don't get (I mean know it, but I find this solution a choice) is why they needed to add the accent. If the character is an Italian speaking English it's perfectly understandable, but it's the actor that is speaking English...

Not to talk about the quality of the accent

She let's some American vowels sneak in, but that makes her alot more easy to understand. A happy accident.

Archived