Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
press

House of Gucci । Reviews

Anveeroy

Featured Posts

ConnorFilm
3 minutes ago, Meat said:

He’s a republican and voted for Trump. ASIB was very respected within that demographic.

1 minute ago, Dennis said:

Tell me more. Does he have siblings? Married? Children? Didn't know little monsters were private investigators.

I'm screaming right now

Twitter: @ConnorBehrens/Instagram: @ConnorBehrens

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Dennis said:

Tell me more. Does he have siblings? Married? Children? Didn't know little monsters were private investigators.

It’s common knowledge. Don’t you read NY Post? Lol you think I’m kidding. Go to his twitter and you’ll see for yourself.

Jollibee

Hoping HoG/Gaga could pull a Joker/Bohemian Rhapsody. Acclaimed acting in a that has mixed reviews, but loved by the audience and winning BA in the end. 

1 hour ago, MadreMonster said:

The only super redeemable quality of this movie is Gaga. Without her the movie is incredibly forgettable and drags.

Gaga will for sure get a nom and cement her place as a reputable actor.

She truly shined, I was impressed by her

mindintransit

The most important take from the HOG reviews - Gaga won! Everyone who loves Gaga won! The reviews for her performance are wonderful.
A few comments about the review sites. Many of the MC scores are determined by an interpretation of a review. If a critic leaves a number (4/5) they go with that to score the review. Most critics don't so MC reads the review and gives it a number. The bottom line is that the score reflects their reviews of reviews if that makes sense. Their honest opinion but still their opinion. (Peter Travers – a respected critic – reviewed HOG for GMA. He loves the movie – it's a RAVE review. MC scores it as 70.)
RT has literally thousands of critics/pundits who can leave reviews. Respected critics who love movies and pundits just looking for attention. Good or bad, some reviews are thoughtful and intelligent and some are not.
The only scores I really care about are Cinemascore and RT verified audience. They are 21st century word-of-mouth. Again, good or bad, the opinions of people who have actually bought tickets and seen the movie in a theater. Cinemascore pollsters will be at random theaters today. They only score movies opening in at least 1500 theaters and only on opening day. RT decided a few years ago to focus on audience reviews by moviegoers who have actually seen the movie. Anyone who buys a movie ticket through Fandango can leave a verified review. They can be similar to the RT critics score, much higher or much lower. HOG will be higher.
I would love to see good box office. Only tentpole movies have done anything at the box office this year. Dramas have flopped big time. The box office predictions look promising. I'll be there!
Another best actress nomination would be incredible! But the Oscar nominations are over two months away. Oscar nomination voting is Jan 27 – Feb 1. The nominations will be announced Feb 8. And the AMPAS Actors' Branch nominates actors. Not social media. Actors and the other AMPAS members who actually make movies have the only opinions that matter. And they definitely go their own way.

If you haven't read the Peter Travers review (Lady Gaga gives a “flat-out fabulous performance”)
https://abcnews.go.com/GMA/Culture/house-gucci-review-lady-gaga-puts-real-sizzle/story?id=81327732

Today's not good day for us on RT, Chile... Where are these reviews coming from. Never even heard of these folks...

The way Encanto only has 83 reviews. You can feel how motivated people are to review this movie. Will probably go all the way up to 400 reviews at this rate.

Jennie Kim

I can only imagine the reactions here when Gaga eventually stars in a panned film :bear: 

Ororo Munroe
5 minutes ago, Jennie Kim said:

I can only imagine the reactions here when Gaga eventually stars in a panned film :bear: 

but she was in Machete Kills tho. 

Jennie Kim
1 minute ago, Ororo Munroe said:

but she was in Machete Kills tho. 

As a guest actor :bear:

ElectricChapelR

Gaga being praised even by haters in a movie starring AL Pacino, Adam Driver and Jared Leto and being considered the real movie star in this film...

It's exactly what she said in the ASIB era: "Now I just want to win."

Baby, you did it.

"There are people who star in movies, and people who are movie stars. Gaga already proved she belonged in that second category with A Star Is Born, which demonstrated she could carry a movie and didn’t have to rely on her stage persona for charisma. But she was playing a singer, naysayers said, so who knows if she’s got range or more than one great performance in her? We now have an answer. With House of Gucci, you get a jumble of stories jockeying for screen time, and then you get a supernova blazing at the center of all of it that burns everything superfluous away. If the film is remembered for anything, it’s for being Exhibit A as what a great actor she is. Forget Gucci. Long live the house that Gaga built." :firega:

https://www.rollingstone.com/movies/movie-reviews/house-of-gucci-movie-review-lady-gaga-1261386/ 

2 minutes ago, Samantha Jones said:

"There are people who star in movies, and people who are movie stars. Gaga already proved she belonged in that second category with A Star Is Born, which demonstrated she could carry a movie and didn’t have to rely on her stage persona for charisma. But she was playing a singer, naysayers said, so who knows if she’s got range or more than one great performance in her? We now have an answer. With House of Gucci, you get a jumble of stories jockeying for screen time, and then you get a supernova blazing at the center of all of it that burns everything superfluous away. If the film is remembered for anything, it’s for being Exhibit A as what a great actor she is. Forget Gucci. Long live the house that Gaga built." :firega:

https://www.rollingstone.com/movies/movie-reviews/house-of-gucci-movie-review-lady-gaga-1261386/ 

:tony: :nooo::applause:

ConnorFilm

Just stay above 60 on Rotten, Gaga... I really want to prove Grace Randolph's ass wrong. That bitter hoe is still butthurt that Eternals got panned. 

ConnorFilm

This is such a rollercoaster. I need a ****ing smoke. MC is back UP to 60 with 49 reviews. 

Archived