Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
press

House of Gucci । Reviews

Anveeroy

Featured Posts

LilyLark
5 hours ago, Mr Ricky said:

I don't want to go alone :bradley:

Go. I went with friends to see HOG, but I see films by myself all the time. There's nothing wrong with seeing a film by yourself-in fact, it can be (strangely) relaxing... I often go to films on Sunday mornings/early afternoons and there are a lot of people by themselves at that time of day (if you do feel self-conscious about it).

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
LilyLark
6 hours ago, Meat said:

Even ASIB opened with 40m and that was pre-pandemic. 30m for a pandemic sounds out of reach, but that’s just my opinion.

Also I think that a large part of the GP doesn’t even care about the critics. 

I was going to say the general public doesn't care that much—lots of films with horrible scores on RT do well at the box office. The one thing that might have a small factor is if it is fresh on Rotten Tomatoes-which Gucci is (and looks like it will remain fresh at this point) or if it had near universal acclaim. Even then, I'm not sure if it was in the 90s on RT...that it would have impacted the total gross by that much more.

LateToCult

My sister is refusing to watch HoG with me because she knows it’s about a murder and she thinks it’s gonna be like the time I took her to ASIB and she cried in the theater. 

1-E22-BA76-B39-E-4-E29-8872-17669-A3-DA6

LunaUniverse

I finished watching it, and I can definitely see how people think the scene cut offs are janky and awkward. It felt weird hopping to the next point without any breather in between. Hopefully an extended cut can fix that

Obviously Gaga was the best part, and I actually enjoyed Jared more than I thought I would. Dunno if that’s a good thing or a bad thing :bear: 

Overall it was ok.

1# Samoyed Stan

MadreMonster
13 minutes ago, LunaUniverse said:

I finished watching it, and I can definitely see how people think the scene cut offs are janky and awkward. It felt weird hopping to the next point without any breather in between. Hopefully an extended cut can fix that

Obviously Gaga was the best part, and I actually enjoyed Jared more than I thought I would. Dunno if that’s a good thing or a bad thing :bear: 

Overall it was ok.

My thoughts exactly. I actually disliked Leto a lot though - it was too much of a caricature than him playing a character.

Just A Holy Fool

A day after seeing it, I am so disappointed in how this came together. It could have been so much better. There was so much more Patrizia to explore.

55 minutes ago, Just A Holy Fool said:

A day after seeing it, I am so disappointed in how this came together. It could have been so much better. There was so much more Patrizia to explore.

For me it’s the opposite, it gets better with every viewing. I’m catching new details each time :giveup:

After my second viewing … I love it more. I went with a semi-Gaga fan and he LOVED it, the other 5 aren’t Gaga fans, 2 of them really enjoyed it and the other 3 thought it was a bit long, but thought it was good and complemented Gaga’s performance. She really nailed this role. I’m so excited for her future. 

edit: also, the theater was nearly full and the audience was SUPER interactive. Tons of laughter and gasps throughout the entire film. 

hpmcmill
11 hours ago, LilyLark said:

Go. I went with friends to see HOG, but I see films by myself all the time. There's nothing wrong with seeing a film by yourself-in fact, it can be (strangely) relaxing... I often go to films on Sunday mornings/early afternoons and there are a lot of people by themselves at that time of day (if you do feel self-conscious about it).

Same! It’s wonderful — a nice way to escape from the world for a couple hours or more and get lost in a film. 

HOG opened in Ireland on Friday and is reviewed in today's Sunday Independent by Aine O'Connor. Not sure if I'm allowed post a link, so I'll quote.

'a delicious Italian melodrama'.

'Lady Gaga is outstanding in the role. As she showed in A Star Is Born, she's a great actor with enormous presence. Her star wattage is undimmed, even beside the notorious histrionics of Al Pacino and Jared Leto'.

That reference to notorious histrionics is about as close as Aine comes to saying something negative about the movie. She goes on to praise both Al and Jared and she is also very complimentary about Adam's performance. Aine gives the movie four stars out of five and gives three to Encanto.

Generally speaking, I have found that the Irish media struggle to get past the meat-dress-wearing wacky popstar stuff when they speak about Gaga, so this review is a pleasant surprise  Note also that Aine's review is not written from an overly highbrow point of view. It comes across as having been written from the viewpoint of someone who goes to the movies to be entertained for a couple of hours, which is the vast majority of moviegoers. Not to be reverse-elitist about it, but I take that as a big positive.

Hoping to see the movie myself this week.

HookerOnAChurch

seen for the second time yesterday at the Curzon Mayfair in London. The movie theater was almost full and the people were enthusiastic, especially for Gaga and Leto.

VasilisVas

I watched the movie last night. It was alright. It definitely wasn’t amazing, but it also wasn’t bad. Parts of the movie seemed to be a bit boring. Also, the colors were pretty dark, which was annoying to me, unless that was just the movie theatre needing to turn up the brightness of the screen. Overall, I don’t think I’d go out of my way to watch the movie, again, but if it was randomly on tv I’d watch it. 

EGOT2027
21 hours ago, Mr Ricky said:

I don't want to go alone :bradley:

omg do it !! i saw the movie twice…the first time with a friend and the second alone. i honestly enjoyed the time alone more! when i was with my friend i was just so self-conscious of if she was enjoying it or not bc she’s a big gaga fan but not like…us big lol. i felt like when i was alone i could just take everything in and fully enjoy myself. 

i def think this is more common in cities bc it’s harder to find alone time and to escape all the noise BUT where i live it’s so common for people to go to the movies alone, especially in the afternoons. i have the amc stubs thing and go often on weekend afternoons. it’s honestly a highlight of my weekend. it’s nice just to have time to sort your thoughts and relax. you’ll feel a little odd the first time you go alone but after a while you may even like it more than going and dealing with your friends !! lol. i was recently at a movie with a friend who was texting the whole time and i was like i should’ve come alone lolol

Archived