press

House of Gucci । Reviews

Anveeroy

Featured Posts

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, DanielM said:

Most people have bad taste, that's why I like to read educated people's opinions. I want to love this film, I'm not here just for Gaga's performance. Sorry about that. 

Good for you.

I'm listening to WTF podcast with Marc Maron interviewing Ridley Scott and Marc really enjoyed the movie and said Lady Gaga was "spectacular". He also liked Adam and didn't even know that was Jared after watching the movie, Ridley had to tell him..! And he thinks Al is always good but he really did something in that role. 

Marc is a straight shooter and wouldn't praise something unless he really liked it. I remember him saying how incredible she was at the inauguration too. 

It's a long interview with Ridley talking about his life and work if anyone's interested. 

nodandsmile
7 minutes ago, QUEENH said:

I'm listening to WTF podcast with Marc Maron interviewing Ridley Scott and Marc really enjoyed the movie and said Lady Gaga was "spectacular". He also liked Adam and didn't even know that was Jared after watching the movie, Ridley had to tell him..! And he thinks Al is always good but he really did something in that role. 

Marc is a straight shooter and wouldn't praise something unless he really liked it. I remember him saying how incredible she was at the inauguration too. 

It's a long interview with Ridley talking about his life and work if anyone's interested. 

I was watching the goldderby video posted here and Joyce Eng was saying how she thinks actors will be eating the movie up... this, the fact that most positive reactions came from SAG screenings and Giancarlo praising it the other day

I think she might be right!!

ConnorFilm

Chicago Tribune gave it a 2.5/4. That's a 62-63%. Should be counted fresh for MC and likely RT. 

Twitter: @ConnorBehrens/Instagram: @ConnorBehrens

Not RT, but a review from one of my country’s leading online sites.

Title: The new Gucci cinema is a storehouse of unparalleled moments and unforgivable buck

It is very mixed, but she is positive about Gaga:

"Unlike a lot of routine movie stars, Lady Gaga is really capable of fully immersing herself in the skin of the shaped character... The singer, who is of Italian descent, resembles Reggiani's look perfectly, whose accent she has taken on with credibility and great confidence, even if some critics say she hasn't done it perfectly. ... in the film, Lady Gaga seems to be most trying to capture the habitus of her character with all her cartilage.

Another enviable feature of the Lady is that being featured in a film with anyone is she fits in perfectly with the performance of her fellow actors... Maurizio Gucci is played by Adam Driver. The chemistry between the couple works so much that it is nice to look at them, and not just because they are strangely, yet irresistibly attractive-looking actors… Maurizio Gucci was a restrained man... he was actually completely dwarfed by his karakan and power-hungry wife, as was Driver by Gaga. (That's a good sign, isn't it?)"

https://index.hu/kultur/cinematrix/2021/11/22/paratlan-pillanatok-es-megbocsathatatlan-bakik-tarhaza-az-uj-gucci-mozi/

Applepear
6 minutes ago, EvilBunny said:

What do you think the score will be? I’m imagining something between 25/30% on RT and 17 on Meta! 

The way this might happen lol

1 hour ago, DanielM said:

Most people have bad taste, that's why I like to read educated people's opinions. I want to love this film, I'm not here just for Gaga's performance. Sorry about that. 

Hiw about you go see the movie with a blank slate and form your own opinion whithout the influence of others

12 minutes ago, EvilBunny said:

What do you think the score will be? I’m imagining something between 25/30% on RT and 17 on Meta! 

5 minutes ago, Applepear said:

The way this might happen lol

Can you guys stop? This thread is for monitoring all the serious reviews, not for making jokes. It’s incredibly childish and annoying for you to be disrupting like this.

Archived