💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
press

House of Gucci । Reviews

Anveeroy

Featured Posts

PaoloGucci

Why are little monsters not leaving reviews on letterboxd? I wish y'all have swifties energy. All Too Well is currently sitting at 4.4/5, to the point that the locals are pissed.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, PaoloGucci said:

Why are little monsters not leaving reviews on letterboxd? I wish y'all have swifties energy. All Too Well is currently sitting at 4.4/5, to the point that the locals are pissed.

Even ASIB has 3.6/5 :billie:

PaoloGucci
31 minutes ago, Meat said:

Even ASIB has 3.6/5 :billie:

Literally Gaga haters have more energy than Gaga fans. They'd be leaving reviews hot and quick!

3 hours ago, agpuh said:

Nothing in the movie is boring, it just lacks the energy that is present in the middle of the movie when this is when the story should be reaching the climax. 

Gaga, Pacino, and Leto played the most interesting characters in the movie and all of them are sidelined for the machinations of Driver and a third party that comes in during this section, so the dynamics we care about are gone and the ones being shown feel like padding.

The film to that point kinda makes you most interested in (I'm careful not to say rooting for, but that's the idea) mainly Patrizia and Maurizio is someone she loves and also uses as part of her power play but you also forget about him as his own character unattached to Patrizia (even though his family's dynamics are the movie). The third act flips that, where you take an interest in Maurizio (but with a greater emphasis on his negative characteristics) and Patrizia just kinda occasionally exists but everything is about her relation to Maurizio. And Maurizio is just a less interesting character.

And I want to talk about the murder scene but I'm not sure how to express an opinion on it that isn't going to unfairly spoil the movie or paint an opinion on it.

Why not create a separate thread under thoughts section and discuss? (with spoiler in the topic title of course).

I know that I won't be visiting that anytime soon though :bradley:

7 hours ago, zerojk said:

The only embarrasment here is you deciding to take time to create an account here just to throw shade, go find something better to do with your life.

Who am I shading? I couldn't be a bigger fan of Gaga. I'm saying it for her benefit so her fans won't lose their minds and go on a rampage. If you are paying any kind of attention to the Oscar race you would know that as of now it's a race between Kidman and Kristen. I don't see why it's bad to speak realistically. Gaga's role isn't even typically Oscar fare so the fact that she's a possibility for a nomination is amazing. 

Madam Margolyes
1 hour ago, PaoloGucci said:

Girl i gave all to well 4.5/5 on letterboxd and I’m not even a swiftie lmao

24 minutes ago, QUEENH said:

Who am I shading? I couldn't be a bigger fan of Gaga. I'm saying it for her benefit so her fans won't lose their minds and go on a rampage. If you are paying any kind of attention to the Oscar race you would know that as of now it's a race between Kidman and Kristen. I don't see why it's bad to speak realistically. Gaga's role isn't even typically Oscar fare so the fact that she's a possibility for a nomination is amazing. 

Ehh ... on what basis are you asserting that the Oscar race is between Kidman and Kristen ?

I ask that question in light of the fact that Gaga is starring in a high-profile movie with a high-powered cast, directed by a famous director, and that, thus far, a typical reaction to that movie from those who have seen it would contain a comment along the lines of 'Gaga is great in this, she could win an Oscar'. How does that equate to 'if you are paying any kind of attention to the Oscar race you would know that as of now it's a race between Kidman and Kristen' ? 

7 minutes ago, MOT said:

Ehh ... on what basis are you asserting that the Oscar race is between Kidman and Kristen ?

I ask that question in light of the fact that Gaga is starring in a high-profile movie with a high-powered cast, directed by a famous director, and that, thus far, a typical reaction to that movie from those who have seen it would contain a comment along the lines of 'Gaga is great in this, she could win an Oscar'. How does that equate to 'if you are paying any kind of attention to the Oscar race you would know that as of now it's a race between Kidman and Kristen' ? 

Literally all the predictions have Gaga on the nominees list. @QUEENH maybe you should read actual articles from high profile publications like Vanity Fair, Variety and The Hollywood Reporter before making such statements. 

Gabi001

Please, can you stop arguing? I come to this thread to read reviews, not to see people argue :selena:

I'm not having fun tonight.

franminervini
4 minutes ago, Gabi001 said:

Please, can you stop arguing? I come to this thread to read reviews, not to see people argue :selena:

preach christina aguilera GIF

Have you checked the Charts Thread today?!

Funny thing is that people argue about nothing: a score (either positive or negative) on RT will be clear, and there will be little to argue with, and the same can be said about the box office result.

I can't find any other reactions from professional critics, are there any out there?

I'm a real Fire CRRRACKERRR

14 minutes ago, Meat said:

Literally all the predictions have Gaga on the nominees list. @QUEENH maybe you should read actual articles from high profile publications like Vanity Fair, Variety and The Hollywood Reporter before making such statements. 

I'm not saying she won't be nominated though.. She could be. But the best actress race is stacked this year and now both JLaw and Meryl have received good notices for Don't Look Up. But Kristen has been the top favourite to win since Venice and from reviews and an overdue another win narrative Kidman has shot up to number 2 place. Her movie is also very feel good so it will win over older voters. Colman is always a threat. I'm saying there are 2 more places that Gaga has to fight her way into amid tough competition. I don't know why this is so controversial. I deal in reality and pay attention to what the buzz is. If HOG gets a decent rotten  tomato score and is popular with aufiences/good box office score than her chances are higher. 

PaoloGucci

Honestly I'm considering becoming a swiftie and leaving this rotten fanbase. Little Monsters have no energy for buying anything, posting reviews to help Gaga or do anything constructive. All they have energy for is negativity and in-fighting.

BlingNotTheMusic
8 hours ago, PaoloGucci said:

Support this:

Omg this has me SOOOO hyped. 

Can y'all Little Complainers pipe down so we can get hyped for this HUGE film?

Lady Gaga Movie GIF by House of Gucci

33 minutes ago, WheresMy911Alice said:

Omg this has me SOOOO hyped. 

Can y'all Little Complainers pipe down so we can get hyped for this HUGE film?

Lady Gaga Movie GIF by House of Gucci

AgitatedRevolvingHoneyeater-size_restric

I'm a real Fire CRRRACKERRR

Archived