💓 Official visual for Ashnikko's remix of "Plastic Doll" 💓

society

Republicans ask Court to overturn abortion ruling

ThisGuyTony

Featured Posts

ThisGuyTony

“Scores of congressional Republicans on Thursday urged the Supreme Court to overturn Roe v. Wade next term when the justices review a restrictive Mississippi abortion law.

According to the report, abortion would remain legal in 21 states, while 24 states and three territories would likely move to impose some form of ban. In the remaining five states, abortion would remain "accessible but vulnerable."

Court precedent tracing back to Roe prohibits states from banning abortion before fetal viability, which occurs around 24 weeks, and from placing an "undue burden" on abortion access. The Mississippi law at issue next term creates only narrow exceptions from its 15-week ban on elective abortions.”

• Shook 1
  • Sad 4
SamanthaC

I am pro-life in my personal life, but pro-choice for everyone else. I don't like abortions (I don't know that anyone really likes them), but I don't feel I should push my beliefs about them on anyone else. A woman should be able to chose. We should also be educating people on proper birth control methods and safe sex (yes I know that things fail, etc). However by doing this, they're just going to push this more underground. People will still get abortions, they just won't be safe in places they're banned. Keep it legal and keep them safe. 

The Adele of GGD's Member & Rain on Me Awards 2020
  • Like 3
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 1
Reginald

Smh. Roe vs Wade was settled 50 years ago and should be a complete non-issue by now. Republicans need to move on, and stop using religion as a means to traumatize society 

Taking an extended break from GGD. Ttyl.
  • Like 1
PartySick

It's not like they actually care about unborn fetuses. Abortion is just another hot button issue like race, gender, and sexuality that they can poke to make their base foam at the mouth.

A little bug? 🪲 SECURITY! 🚨
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
Quentin
38 minutes ago, SamanthaC said:

People will still get abortions, they just won't be safe in places they're banned.

This! The US is a place like other wealthy countries where legal abortion is safe, and they're about to make it more than risky by making women abort illegally. Countries that don't allow abortion force some of the women that want to abort to ingest medicines that were made for other purposes and to use horrific tools. And in some of these same countries, the abortion rate is even bigger than in countries that allow abortion...

Edited by Quentin
Follow every rainbow till you find your dream
  • Like 1
High Culture

Taking away this protection will also create a class disparity because richer/more liberal states will preserve access to abortion while poorer conservative states will ban it. The rich people in states where abortion is banned will just travel to other states like New York and California. Poor people are really the ones suffering here. I wonder how many of these Republican lawmakers would fly their daughter to a blue state for an abortion after they’ve made it illegal in their state.