Jump to content
new music

Shakira - Don't Wait Up (SOLRWAVE Club Remix)


Featured Posts

ILLUSIONISTIC

no shade but this is already much more upbeat/better than the original (was waiting for a good remix to put it in my library thanks tbh)

Link to post
Share on other sites
TheOriginalOne

So good! Actually, I just went though a few of the videos on your channel and they’re amazing! I know what I’m bopping to today. 
:applause::vegas::woohoo::music:

Link to post
Share on other sites
SOLRWAVE
10 hours ago, ILLUSIONISTIC said:

no shade but this is already much more upbeat/better than the original (was waiting for a good remix to put it in my library thanks tbh)

 

9 hours ago, PropaGaga said:

Love it!

 

9 hours ago, TheOriginalOne said:

So good! Actually, I just went though a few of the videos on your channel and they’re amazing! I know what I’m bopping to today. 
:applause::vegas::woohoo::music:

Thank you! Happy you like it!

Link to post
Share on other sites
reallydima
12 hours ago, SOLRWAVE said:

Hope everyone likes it!

 

 

This is awesome! Great job! 

Can I ask you how you did this/got started remixing? I'm lookin' into making remixes myself. Is there a software or, perhaps Youtube videos you'd recommend for a newb? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
SOLRWAVE
16 hours ago, reallydimitry said:

This is awesome! Great job! 

Can I ask you how you did this/got started remixing? I'm lookin' into making remixes myself. Is there a software or, perhaps Youtube videos you'd recommend for a newb? 

Thanks so much !

I'd recommend starting by learning basic piano, you really don't have to be a pro- learn chords, chord inversions, and music theory (much more simple than it sounds, it just determines which notes are allowed in each song key)

I personally use Logic Pro X because it's the easiest and most efficient way for me to work, however if you want total control over your sound then try Ableton (although it's much more complicated to utilize than Logic) !

I started this remix by mapping out the original melody/chords, and seeing where I could take it from there- usually I stick to my authentic sound of retro 80s but this time I felt more compelled to show my abilities in a current and radio-friendly sound so that's what I went for !

There's not really any particular YouTube videos I can recommend as I'm completely self-taught, but definitely look into tutorials / videos regarding the sounds you want to make !

  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...