💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

[Update: Camila responds] Camila Cabello’s backup dancer does blackface

BUtterfield 8

Featured Posts

Jill
8 minutes ago, GreenDiamond said:

do yall really think they would purposely do the blackface??

No one in her team would do that in purpose (I hope). Our point is that it looks like blackface, and in the context of the "multicultural" performance (and by itself as well), it comes across as problematic and ignorant. Something that is obviously going to be misunderstood should obviously be avoided. This isn't quantum mechanics.

This was an official message from the Office of the First Lady.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Justin Drew Bieber
1 minute ago, Amidana said:

Except that you are trying to talk about racism when your whole persona is based on someone who hasn’t changed one bit. 💀💀💀

Except I’m not him, and as far as I know I haven’t done blackface or defended blackface. :huh:

The scramble from all sides, the controversy… she won’t survive another hit like this I’m afraid :diane:

fragment-fragment--bul-uh...scab-uh..fragment-foot, bullet fragment foot bich!

Suspiria
23 minutes ago, PussPuss said:

Ok. But you have people telling you why darkening white skin that much now, in 2021, is no different than black face despite the intention. This does not exist in a vacuum. If the US didn't have a history of slavery, minstrelry, segregation, this wouldn't be a discussion. But it is... so just take in what people are saying. My point is that to make the joke work, orange = bad spray tan in a way that's not offensive. By just going to a darker skin tone, the joke is still "look how silly he looks being that dark." 

Yes, this doesn't exist in a vacuum. That's why context and intention are important.

Calling someone the F word is offensive because of it's past and its intention. But f*ggot also exists as a completely seperate word with a different, non-offensive meaning. People should be able to use reason to understand whether things should be taken offensively or not.

Amidana
1 minute ago, Justin Drew Bieber said:

Except I’m not him, and as far as I know I haven’t done blackface or defended blackface. :huh:

Hey I haven’t either, yet you wanna call people out for fake screenshots all while stanning someone who hasn’t changed and is still to this day a terrible person. 

Jill
1 minute ago, Suspiria said:

But f*ggot also exists as a completely seperate word with a different, non-offensive meaning.

What kind of reverse warholian expedition is this :poot:

Justin Drew Bieber
Just now, Amidana said:

Hey I haven’t either, yet you wanna call people out for fake screenshots all while stanning someone who hasn’t changed and is still to this day a terrible person. 

Prove to me that Camila doesn’t have a racist past then. :)

Amidana
4 minutes ago, Justin Drew Bieber said:

Prove to me that Camila doesn’t have a racist past then. :)

I never said she didn’t :)  Yet I can prove to you how much she’s grown and changed. 

BUtterfield 8
24 minutes ago, Teletubby said:

the stage lighting was bad, he wasn't so dark
E7FwbBdXIAAA2Jz?format=jpg&name=large

They deleted this post form their stories so…

I actually kind of believe her excuse because you can visibly see his tan line around his eyes like how bad tans are portrayed in movies. BUT she should know that it could have been misunderstood and so she could have avoided this mess by just not playing these games and risking this 

holy scheisse

This would've been odd, but fine if he didn't aliken himself to that emoji. Messsy lololol I really don't believe that the intention was to do blackface but alas.

Chromatography
1 hour ago, BUtterfield 8 said:

THIS is a terrible spray tan:

Anne-Hathaway-is-orange-01+(1).jpg

what she did to her dancer is blackface 

is this..real?

Chromatography
1 hour ago, Jill said:

What Gaga did back then was wrong too. I understand the whole concept but for modern standards, it's not acceptable. It's disappointing to see some members defending Camila and calling us "snowflakes" for God knows what reason. You all are starting to sound like Trump simps.

i see people here all the time defending this look from gaga literally saying “it’s supposed to be a bad spray tan.” so it seems people like to move the goal posts a bit when it’s a singer that majority already dislike.

as a disclaimer, i think both are unacceptable. 

Jill
1 minute ago, Chromatography said:

i see people here all the time defending this look from gaga literally saying “it’s supposed to be a bad spray tan.” so it seems people like to move the goal posts a bit when it’s a singer that majority already dislike.

as a disclaimer, i think both are unacceptable. 

I never defended that look. It may have been "acceptable" and "valid" as a concept back in 2008-9, but it is unacceptable today.

Chlorine Sevigny
6 minutes ago, Suspiria said:

Yes, this doesn't exist in a vacuum. That's why context and intention are important.

Calling someone the F word is offensive because of it's past and its intention. But f*ggot also exists as a completely seperate word with a different, non-offensive meaning. People should be able to use reason to understand whether things should be taken offensively or not.

Yeah history and context do matter, which is why Camila endorsing this is problematic (see spoiler). And you don't get to decide if people can be offended. This is ignorant and it has no place in ****ing 2021. 

Spoiler

screen-shot-2019-12-19-at-10-52-19-am-15

screen-shot-2019-12-19-at-10-52-34-am-15

• SharkmanthaC locked this topic

Archived