Kim Petras signs w/ Dr. Luke’s label Amigo Records, under Republic Records

BUtterfield 8

Featured Posts

• BUtterfield 8 changed the title to Kim Petras signs w/ Republic Records
  • Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Agunimon

Kim's the first trans artist to be signed to a major record label, right? I'm not familiar enough.

River

so did she leave dr luke?

Congrats! this is major!

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

RainingOnMe
8 minutes ago, River said:

so did she leave dr luke?

Congrats! this is major!

She's signed to Amigo Records, a subdivision of Republic, owned by Luke. :laughga:

ConnorFilm
8 minutes ago, RainingOnMe said:

She's signed to Amigo Records, a subdivision of Republic, owned by Luke. :laughga:

She's so messy. She either doesn't believe the allegations or she doesn't care yet still works with Luke. I dunno what's worse. Ignorance is bliss I guess? Same goes for Doja Cat. 

Twitter: @ConnorBehrens/Instagram: @ConnorBehrens

BUtterfield 8
9 minutes ago, RainingOnMe said:

Wait what :selena:

• BUtterfield 8 changed the title to Kim Petras signs w/ Dr. Luke’s label Amigo Records, under Republic Records
RainingOnMe
17 minutes ago, ConnorFilm said:

She's so messy. She either doesn't believe the allegations or she doesn't care yet still works with Luke. I dunno what's worse. Ignorance is bliss I guess? Same goes for Doja Cat. 

Doja Cat was put into her contract with Luke when she was 16, I believe a year or two before Kesha came forward about him assaulting her.

Doja is still on that contract to this day. We don't know how many albums she was signed for.

Kim began working with Luke in 2015, a year after the Kesha allegations. She was never signed to him or contracted; she had her own label, Bunheads, since then.

She called Kesha a liar and then for damage control later said that "her experience isn't mine" and continued working with Luke for 5 more years (2017-now).

Now, she is officially signed to him.

:bear:

Receipts that she was never signed or contracted to him from now-deleted Aaron Joseph tweets:

Screen-Shot-2019-02-06-at-8-40-55-PM.png

Screen-Shot-2019-02-06-at-8-41-00-PM.png

ProfessionalClown
22 minutes ago, ConnorFilm said:

Doja signed before the allegations, she’s in the contract til it’s over. She even said she doesn’t support dr luke 

HIM820
15 minutes ago, ConnorFilm said:

Unless they both can somehow afford magical lawyers that can get them out of contracts, then I don’t think it’s that easy. Yes, it’s black and white to us because we are basing it on our own moral judgement. But unfortunately the business of it all makes it impossible for people to decide freely who to work with. Pretty sure it’s been explained that they can either refuse to work (all together) or they have to work (in some capacity) with him. I personally cannot put his actions on two relatively new female artists, one that is BIPOC and the other being a large visible part of the trans community. What I can do is support Kesha with any project she decides to release. 

Butters Stotch
48 minutes ago, Agunimon said:

Kim's the first trans artist to be signed to a major record label, right? I'm not familiar enough.

I had no idea she was trans, like wow!! This is so cool!!!

FIND YOUR FREEDOM IN THE MUSIC

BUtterfield 8
12 minutes ago, RainingOnMe said:

Doja Cat was put into her contract with Luke when she was 16, I believe a year or two before Kesha came forward about him assaulting her.

Doja is still on that contract to this day. We don't know how many albums she was signed for.

Kim began working with Luke in 2015, a year after the Kesha allegations. She was never signed to him or contracted; she had her own label, Bunheads, since then.

She called Kesha a liar and then for damage control later said that "her experience isn't mine" and continued working with Luke for 5 more years (2017-now).

Now, she is officially signed to him.

:bear:

Receipts that she was never signed or contracted to him from now-deleted Aaron Joseph tweets:

Screen-Shot-2019-02-06-at-8-40-55-PM.png

Screen-Shot-2019-02-06-at-8-41-00-PM.png

Who’s Aaron Joseph?

RainingOnMe
2 minutes ago, BUtterfield 8 said:

Who’s Aaron Joseph?

Kim's best friend, collaborator, co-writer, co-producer, and creative director of 8 years.

RAMROD

A CHOICE :triggered:

tumblr_p62rgonOHm1x4cdn9o2_500.gifv

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

PropaGaga
4 minutes ago, BUtterfield 8 said:

Who’s Aaron Joseph?

He co-writes and produces virtually everything Kim has released. He’s had quite a bit to say about her relationship with Luke, actually

Full-Size-Render.jpg

Full-Size-Render-2.jpg

Full-Size-Render-6.jpg

Full-Size-Render-3.jpg

Full-Size-Render-4.jpg

Archived