society

White House pushing for mask use to return

ThisGuyTony

Featured Posts

ThisGuyTony

“The reported discussions come as health officials have warned that the country is now facing a "pandemic of the unvaccinated," as areas with relatively low vaccination rates are now experiencing surges in coronavirus infections and hospitalizations. “

• Like 2
  • YAAAS 1
  • Sad 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• alsemanche

• gypsy101

• President Biden

• alecks

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What did they think was going to happen? People who have been willing to mask up all along are mostly the same people willing to get vaccinated; the people vehemently opposed to masking hugely overlap

I don’t want to tbh (I’m vaccinated)   sorry not sorry

It's literally a non-issue. It doesn't keep you from doing anything. It's funny how y'all adopt anti-quarantine arguments as soon as it becomes slightly more socially acceptable.

Franch Toast

What did they think was going to happen? People who have been willing to mask up all along are mostly the same people willing to get vaccinated; the people vehemently opposed to masking hugely overlap with those vehemently opposed to the vaccinations. By relegating mask-wearing to an honor system in which those who are fully vaccinated needn't wear masks, all it was doing was giving anti-maskers free rein to go out and about maskless. 

She/Her/Hers
  • Like 16
  • Thanks 8
YourWhiskyMouth

Wearing a mask isn’t a huge deal to me, however vaccinated people shouldn’t have to wear masks just so anti-vaxxers don’t have the opportunity to lie about their vaccination status.

Let them make their own decisions and reap their own consequences.

• Like 2
  • YAAAS 1
  • Thanks 3
gabeoz

I've been fully vaccinated and I decided to not wear a mask out for the first time a few weeks ago because it was my birthday and I wanted to go to the gay strip... and I just recovered from being extremely sick over the past few weeks because I caught something when I was out that caused bronchitis :selena: it was far worse than how COVID hit me. 

So now im back to wearing a mask :firega: 

Edited by gabeoz
  • Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Shook 2
Jill
20 minutes ago, ultravanister said:

I don’t want to tbh (I’m vaccinated)

sorry not sorry

It's literally a non-issue. It doesn't keep you from doing anything. It's funny how y'all adopt anti-quarantine arguments as soon as it becomes slightly more socially acceptable.

This was an official message from the Office of the First Lady.
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 7
RahrahWitch

Not sure why they got rid of it in the first place before they reached a much higher vaccination percentage :oprah:

Edited by RahrahWitch
typo
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 6
Mister G
2 minutes ago, RahrahWitch said:

Not sure why they got rid of it in the first place before they reached a much high vaccination percentage :oprah:

I know right now they including the CDC want to backpedal after they enabled all this BS. They should do what France did and punish the anti-maskers and anti-vaxxers.

Edited by Mister G
  • Like 7
  • YAAAS 1
Reginald

Yeahhh..after just a few outings maskless, I decided to put mine back on. The pandemic isn't over, as much as America would like it to be.

I keep seeing posts from friends who still haven't gotten their sense of taste or smell back a YEAR later. Not worth the risk for me, even for a mild case.

Born To The Night
  • Like 2
RahrahWitch
Just now, Mister G said:

I know right now they including the CDC want to backpedal after enabled all this BS. 

It just seems like such a weird thing to do, the UK is doing the same. Half the population vaccinated but getting rid of all rules, That's a recipe for disaster.

• Like 1
flyaway

I mean, it wouldn't be necessary if people respected social distancing, but we all know that won't happen. :bear:

So let the mask come back again. Make it double this time around. 

Healed My Heart

I never stopped wearing masks in most settings. I started going out to eat at restaurants a couple times a week since getting fully vaccinated, and that's the only time I'm not wearing one. I am mostly concerned about getting a breakthrough case, and I just don't find masks oppressive like so many others do.

She/her 💗💜💙
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
Jewels n Drugs

ive been wearing mine tbh mainly bc i just like having my face covered :staymad:

oh look when you werent looking my motorcycle turned into a piano
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
jacs vs looser
32 minutes ago, RahrahWitch said:

Not sure why they got rid of it in the first place before they reached a much higher vaccination percentage :oprah:

Literally a political flex. 

• Like 1