💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Azealia Banks unveils the official cover of “F**k Him All Night”

Teletubby

Featured Posts

rpggal
5 minutes ago, Gaga2645 said:

All y’all do is show that you’re ignorant to the struggles POC face. 
I’m siding with Admin (for once) in this thread, especially with the link to azealias post about management. I’ve been saying for years her team was exploiting her BiPolar Depression for years and it turns out there was some truth to that. She has never for her entire life been surrounded by good people. 
that country star was just caught on some **** he was trying to hide, he’s white and male. The parallels simply are not there and with the information accessible in 2021, it should be obvious. Like y’all are always comparing apples to oranges and you look big goofy baby! :ladyhaha:

It's also such "reverse racism" energy. "Oh so rich white men aren't allowed to be secretly racist but queer black women are allowed to have openly complex feelings toward the white gay men that oppress them within the LGBTQ community?? Hypocrisy much??" Like complete inability to understand context is astounding.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Chromatography
23 minutes ago, Gaga2645 said:

All y’all do is show that you’re ignorant to the struggles POC face. 
I’m siding with Admin (for once) in this thread, especially with the link to azealias post about management. I’ve been saying for years her team was exploiting her BiPolar Depression for years and it turns out there was some truth to that. She has never for her entire life been surrounded by good people. 
that country star was just caught on some **** he was trying to hide, he’s white and male. The parallels simply are not there and with the information accessible in 2021, it should be obvious. Like y’all are always comparing apples to oranges and you look big goofy baby! :ladyhaha:

mental illness does not permit or excuse hateful behavior, you big goof. we shouldn’t make fun of AB for it and whatnot but we definitely shouldn’t excuse the things she has said and done. 

ARTPOP

Azealia’s race has nothing to do with her homophobic and racist behavior over 10 years. 

Struggling with mental health doesn’t excuse your hate. She realizes that by pretending to apologize once a while before she drops music to get the gays to stream. If she really cares, when she has these hateful episodes she shouldn’t go online with it and rather get therapy.

Even-though I love her music, I wont be streaming. Sorry, one post apology is not enough for what has been said. Maybe two years worth of actual change would change my perception.

COME ON GAYS!!

Lilbit
2 hours ago, Admin said:

There‘s only one report for that post and it‘s not from you.

I did report it, but it’s nice to know that was your takeaway. 

MonsterPaws
On 7/6/2021 at 9:59 AM, COOOK said:

Wait so GGD loves her again? I sometimes feel lost around here

Personally I just force myself to separate the artist from the music.

There are just too many problematic but great artists for me to just keep avoiding. It helps knowing that streaming doesn't contribute much to the artists' bottom line, so I'd rather actively support non-problematic artists by attending concerts, buying merchandise I like and avoiding doing so for the problematic ones. Which is pretty easy to do it that way tbh.

Artists like Azealia (asshole), Kim Petras (by association with Dr Luke), Doja (same as Kim), Kanye (male Azealia) etc. are all i still listen to despite some sort of moral questionability with supporting them (or who they choose to associate with).

I'm open to change my stance though if anyone has advice.

Gaga2645
1 hour ago, Chromatography said:

mental illness does not permit or excuse hateful behavior, you big goof. we shouldn’t make fun of AB for it and whatnot but we definitely shouldn’t excuse the things she has said and done. 

Nobody is excusing her past actions, i’m calling out the fact that this person is diminishing that white man’s actions. But you will also never understand how mental illness will always have a worse impact on POC considering the entire american system is literally against them, but go off I guess miss goofy

ARTPOP
42 minutes ago, Gaga2645 said:

how mental illness will always have a worse impact on POC considering the entire american system is literally against them

Does that excuse her from supporting white supremacists though,? :enigma:

I get your point but don’t you think it is odd out of all times, she apologizes before dropping new music? Also, she can stay offline when she has those episodes but no, she loves to share that with the world

COME ON GAYS!!

nickkoko

I'm excited for it. It's always a difficult situation with her because she has done problematic stuff in the past but the music is good...

Chromatography
1 hour ago, Gaga2645 said:

Nobody is excusing her past actions, i’m calling out the fact that this person is diminishing that white man’s actions. But you will also never understand how mental illness will always have a worse impact on POC considering the entire american system is literally against them, but go off I guess miss goofy

not sure why you’re going off on me, i literally said her past actions aren’t excused due to mental illness. that’s literally it. i wasn’t talking about race at all but...ok :enigma:

JustTea
On 7/6/2021 at 5:18 PM, Gaga2645 said:

Y’all stay letting y’all’s racism hang out your ass. Stfu

How is that even racism? More like being realistic... :duck:

Gaga2645
18 minutes ago, Chromatography said:

not sure why you’re going off on me, i literally said her past actions aren’t excused due to mental illness. that’s literally it. i wasn’t talking about race at all but...ok :enigma:

5 minutes ago, JustTea said:

How is that even racism? More like being realistic... :duck:

Tell me you’re racist without telling me you’re racist :ladyhaha: 

NCgaga

I don’t think calling out her racism, homophobia and animal cruelty in itself is racist. It’s calling out all the little hypocrites on this site. The real question is, why do some of you tolerate all her actions, but will be the first to cancel out another celebrity who does far less and is far less blatant- she is very in your face with racism, homophobia and animal cruelty. So why give her a pass? It’s awfully suspicious. 

Agunimon

this community calls everything under the sun racism. its quite scary. either you're racist for excusing her because she's a poc with a mental illness and you don't understand the struggles people of color deal with or you're racist because you're not disregarding her past actions. because obviously race is the key factor in everyone's minds on both sides?

you guys should speak to people of color and consult them about what they consider racism is instead of using white guilt. recognize the privilege you have without the cringy shaming of the fact that you have it. that's all people ask for.

Hades

I'll give her a chance. Hopefully she doesn't **** this up again. :dom:

Archived