Morphine Prince 110,034 Posted July 5, 2021 Share Posted July 5, 2021 Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Gabe 2,633 Posted July 5, 2021 Share Posted July 5, 2021 Well, I guess Canada will sit and watch what happens. Be safe everyone. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Rj Barker 3,331 Posted July 5, 2021 Share Posted July 5, 2021 It's the right thing to do in my opinion. We aren't seeing the cases result in large quantities of hospitalisations because of how well our vaccine programme has been going. The uptake was amazing in vulnerable age groups, well into the 90%s if they don't lift them now then they won't lift them at all this year because of winter and the flu. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Dominic 11,922 Posted July 5, 2021 Share Posted July 5, 2021 Good news, let's see how it goes on 19th... The hardest thing in this world is to live in it Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Morphine Prince 110,034 Posted July 5, 2021 Author Share Posted July 5, 2021 There were more cases in the UK than in the entire US in the last 7 days I know hospitalizations and deaths are down but this just shows you how contagious the Delta variant is and why everyone should be getting vaccinated. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
PinkJelly 1,857 Posted July 5, 2021 Share Posted July 5, 2021 I think as long as you’ve had both does of the vaccine (which you can prove), are taking regular lateral flow/home kit tests then why not if the hospitalisation rate isn’t going up exponentially. Personally speaking I’ll be wearing a mask on public transport, in shops and in busy public places going forward anyway. I haven’t had half as many coughs or colds since wearing one. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
KORG 4,756 Posted July 5, 2021 Share Posted July 5, 2021 4 minutes ago, Morphine Prince said: There were more cases in the UK than in the entire US in the last 7 days I know hospitalizations and deaths are down but this just shows you how contagious the Delta variant is and why everyone should be getting vaccinated. Yes but if the impact of catching it is minimal then why be bothered? It's only as bad as catching a sore throat. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Mother of Puppies 36,616 Posted July 5, 2021 Share Posted July 5, 2021 9 minutes ago, PinkJelly said: I think as long as you’ve had both does of the vaccine (which you can prove), are taking regular lateral flow/home kit tests then why not if the hospitalisation rate isn’t going up exponentially. Personally speaking I’ll be wearing a mask on public transport, in shops and in busy public places going forward anyway. I haven’t had half as many coughs or colds since wearing one. That's basically the only good thing about masks right? Nobody that I know (including me) has had a cold or flu in 1,5 years since this all started. THEY CALL ME LADY MOP Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Morphine Prince 110,034 Posted July 5, 2021 Author Share Posted July 5, 2021 8 minutes ago, KORG said: Yes but if the impact of catching it is minimal then why be bothered? It's only as bad as catching a sore throat. Not sure if you’re referring to vaccinated or unvaccinated individuals. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
PinkJelly 1,857 Posted July 5, 2021 Share Posted July 5, 2021 1 minute ago, MotherOfPuppies said: That's basically the only good thing about masks right? Nobody that I know (including me) has had a cold or flu in 1,5 years since this all started. That and those that wear makeup don’t have to put on anything underneath there. I literally just do my eyebrows and mascara and I’m out the door, mask on Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Cruelty 6,173 Posted July 5, 2021 Share Posted July 5, 2021 I'm so conflicted. Obviously this is great news and I'm so happy that the vaccination programme is going so well, but also Long Covid is a very real, very terrifying thing which doesn't tend to factor in hospitalisation figures, and it doesn't feel completely fair that this is happening when many of us have only had one jab so far? Didn't help that the press conference was basically Boris announcing the end of all restrictions, followed by the Chief Medical Officer going through all the reasons why this is an awful idea. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
dynamite 67,719 Posted July 5, 2021 Share Posted July 5, 2021 4 minutes ago, MotherOfPuppies said: That's basically the only good thing about masks right? Nobody that I know (including me) has had a cold or flu in 1,5 years since this all started. Also if you have a coldsore you can hide it Like a poem said by a neydy in red Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Zander 14,944 Posted July 5, 2021 Share Posted July 5, 2021 The issue I have with this is that the vaccine only opened up to the under 30's just less than a month ago and the surge in cases atm is coming from 20-30 age group... I wish they'd wait until a significant amount were double vaxxed in that group before ending all restrictions so that it could reduce the transmission rate. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Celloo Deng 56,488 Posted July 5, 2021 Share Posted July 5, 2021 Really happy about this, I've been double vaxxed for a while now and I can finally see my family and friends over the next few weeks. I will still wear a mask on public transport and in busy places though, I quite like wearing one. I think that as long as we are still cautious, sensible and considerate of those not yet vaccinated and/or vulnerable, this should be a good thing overall. she/her 🖤 Gaga, Billie, MJ Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Kadikaado 4,302 Posted July 5, 2021 Share Posted July 5, 2021 If you are vaccined you won't get lethal cases of Covid, but people will still get Covid from you. Too soon to act like that yet. I am authistic, so don't be offended if I make a mess sometimes. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Featured Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.