Werk 13,166 Posted June 29, 2021 Share Posted June 29, 2021 *Singapore's task force chief 3-member panel now reasons that COVID is here to stay, just like the flu. Every year, many people catch the flu. *The overwhelming majority recover without needing to be hospitalised, and with little or no medication. *The city-state of Singapore has stated covid will be treated like other endemic diseases such as flu, reports news.au.com. https://www.timesnownews.com/health/article/singapore-s-surprising-covid-normal-new-plan-to-live-with-sars-cov-2-revealed/777082 Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
27monster27 16,177 Posted June 29, 2021 Share Posted June 29, 2021 This is pretty much expected. COVID-19 after it is no longer in its "pandemic" state will enter an endemic one, like the flu. We will no longer need masks, and getting the vaccine will be similar to the yearly flu shot. he/him/his Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Luke78619 23,560 Posted June 29, 2021 Share Posted June 29, 2021 I wouldn’t be surprised in the slightest, in fact I’d be shocked if we were to of it entirely at any point insta: good_lukeing | I have nothing else to promote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Mother of Puppies 36,616 Posted June 29, 2021 Share Posted June 29, 2021 the journey continues. THEY CALL ME LADY MOP Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
GagaSine 7,464 Posted June 29, 2021 Share Posted June 29, 2021 Man, this is so sad. I feel like I spent most of my life feeling like the world was a horrible place and maybe it could get better, but it literally just seems to be getting worse (I am talking about within my lifetime, we have had increasing income inequality in western society, climate change getting worse while governments do nothing, etc.). Feels so hopeless! I get for many this will not be a big deal because they are young and healthy but while I am not immunocompromised I do have chronic illness, the last thing I needed was another disease to worry about it. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Mother of Puppies 36,616 Posted June 29, 2021 Share Posted June 29, 2021 15 minutes ago, GagaSine said: Man, this is so sad. I feel like I spent most of my life feeling like the world was a horrible place and maybe it could get better, but it literally just seems to be getting worse (I am talking about within my lifetime, we have had increasing income inequality in western society, climate change getting worse while governments do nothing, etc.). Feels so hopeless! I get for many this will not be a big deal because they are young and healthy but while I am not immunocompromised I do have chronic illness, the last thing I needed was another disease to worry about it. It really is so sad. I was thinking about this today... I feel like we'll never get our old life back and then I think about how I didn't do enough... maybe this is what it feels like at the end of the life to regret not having done enough things... I don't even know how to date anyone with this covid ****... apparently even people who are vaxxed need to quarantine again. (and they're not allowed to take a covid test) This nightmare just won't stop. I don't wanna think about it anymore cuz my brain is really tired from it, but it's basically everywhere.... I just wish it could all stop urghhh... THEY CALL ME LADY MOP Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
HuffsAhoy 7,433 Posted June 29, 2021 Share Posted June 29, 2021 Finally a health official that has common sense and isn't doom and gloom. Fear Monger Fauci and Co can't relate You remind me that it's such a wonderful thing to love. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Rj Barker 3,331 Posted June 29, 2021 Share Posted June 29, 2021 12 minutes ago, MotherOfPuppies said: It really is so sad. I was thinking about this today... I feel like we'll never get our old life back and then I think about how I didn't do enough... maybe this is what it feels like at the end of the life to regret not having done enough things... I don't even know how to date anyone with this covid ****... apparently even people who are vaxxed need to quarantine again. (and they're not allowed to take a covid test) This nightmare just won't stop. I don't wanna think about it anymore cuz my brain is really tired from it, but it's basically everywhere.... I just wish it could all stop urghhh... No point I'm getting ya self worked up about it. It is endemic. Test and trace will stop eventually. Quarantine will end and life will be fully normal again. It may feel like it's never ending now, but I promise you it'll all be fine Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
ProfessionalClown 10,647 Posted June 29, 2021 Share Posted June 29, 2021 10 minutes ago, HuffsAhoy said: Finally a health official that has common sense and isn't doom and gloom. Fear Monger Fauci and Co can't relate Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
ProfessionalClown 10,647 Posted June 29, 2021 Share Posted June 29, 2021 Not surprised. As soon as the pandemic portion ends it’ll be like the flu. The thing people don’t get is that it’s not under control like the flu. SARs has been around forever, this is just a new form. Covid isnt new, this strain just is. It’s funny when people wanna say it’s not dangerous or trying to help people is “doom and gloom” when in reality we just don’t want more people to literally f*cking die hopefully by next year everything is completely under control. Like officially. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
StarstruckIllusion 53,777 Posted June 29, 2021 Share Posted June 29, 2021 13 minutes ago, HuffsAhoy said: Finally a health official that has common sense and isn't doom and gloom. Fear Monger Fauci and Co can't relate 🙊 Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Angelina Stefania 427 Posted June 29, 2021 Share Posted June 29, 2021 40 minutes ago, 27monster27 said: This is pretty much expected. COVID-19 after it is no longer in its "pandemic" state will enter an endemic one, like the flu. We will no longer need masks, and getting the vaccine will be similar to the yearly flu shot. Excuse me are you a doctor? Masks are still needed. WHO recommends them even if fully vaccinated. And masks have lowered cases of other airborne illnesses too. Why not continue wearing masks to promote hygiene and prevent covid and other illnesses? side note: so annoying seeing what people are posting on social media now that they think vaccination makes them immune to covid, back to the vanity, self absorbedness of attention whores. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Perfect Celebrity 1,622 Posted June 29, 2021 Share Posted June 29, 2021 I mean, yeah , it’s never going to be completely gone. The best thing to do is get your vaccine and continue life as it was before the pandemic. Once the vaccine was released and showed to work, that was the end of the pandemic. Now we just have to recover. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Angelina Stefania 427 Posted June 29, 2021 Share Posted June 29, 2021 9 minutes ago, HuffsAhoy said: Finally a health official that has common sense and isn't doom and gloom. Fear Monger Fauci and Co can't relate You don't sound very educated. Typical Karen with that "fear mongering" accusation nonsense. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
HuffsAhoy 7,433 Posted June 29, 2021 Share Posted June 29, 2021 Just now, Angelina Stefania said: You don't sound very educated. Typical Karen with that "fear mongering" accusation nonsense. Sweetie, I've been full vaxxed and after a year of being cooped up in the house, I'm ripping the band aid off and living again!! You remind me that it's such a wonderful thing to love. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Featured Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.