💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
interview

Big Freedia reveals she was supposed to be on the original BTW album

BabylonChristmas

Featured Posts

BabylonChristmas

https://www.papermag.com/big-freedia-judas-2653508646.html?rebelltitem=1#rebelltitem1

Paper Mag: "You mentioned in W Magazine that you were supposed to be on the original Born This Way album..."

Big Freedia: "That was back then, when I was working with my DJ at the time, Rusty Lazer. He had got a phone call [saying] they wanted me on the song, "Born This Way." We were very excited about that... Actually, I was with Rusty Lazer, we were at his house. We were doing some stuff, getting ready for a weekend out of town, and he was just telling me about the project. Because they had sent it over and were like, "They want you on this." So that's when I first got to hear the song. I don't know what happened, don't know how it fell off. But in my opinion the timing wasn't right, and everything comes back around if it's meant to happen. Ten years later, I'm doing the cover of "Judas."

When I was young, I prayed for lightning 🎧

• BabylonChristmas changed the title to Big Freedia reveals she was supposed to be on the original Born This Way al
  • Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Rat Boy

He had got a phone call [saying] they wanted me on the song, "Born This Way."

Would she have wanted a feature for one of her most highly anticipated/hyped lead singles back then? Idk seems unlikely to me. Good for her that she got to do an official cover. 

"dont trust this crooked manipulative rat!" - @NichuuB

• BabylonChristmas changed the title to Big Freedia reveals she was supposed to be on the original BTW album
artdoll

omg that's crazy to think about tbh, full circle moment :ohwell:

。゚☁ glued up, sometimes it's too much ☁ ゚。

BabylonChristmas
Just now, Bottom said:

erm seems unlikely. Maybe they are talking about the remix album 

No, they were talking about the original BTW album

When I was young, I prayed for lightning 🎧

Butters Stotch

I'm glad this didn't happen. No shade to Big Freedia, I'm just happy Gaga kept BTW to herself because this is such an important song with a very personal message, and Gaga had to bring this message only by herself.

FIND YOUR FREEDOM IN THE MUSIC

Rat Boy
2 minutes ago, BabylonChristmas said:

No, they were talking about the original BTW album

But she said: He had got a phone call [saying] they wanted me on the song, "Born This Way."

"dont trust this crooked manipulative rat!" - @NichuuB

BUtterfield 8

I mean it would’ve been cool to release it back in the day as a remix for pride month 

Doily Skull

That’s bananas!! Love that Big Freedia finally got put on

~staying stupid through my holy days~

ProfessionalClown
13 minutes ago, Bottom said:

I mean Big Freedia has been around for YEARS. She’s a pioneer. I wouldn’t have been surprised considering the fame had features, the fame monster had features, but BTW didn’t have any. So it was kinda weird. 

ProfessionalClown
11 minutes ago, Mer Boy said:

But she said: He had got a phone call [saying] they wanted me on the song, "Born This Way."

Oh that would’ve been ICONIC. I could imagine them on BTW

Supersonic
27 minutes ago, Mer Boy said:

He had got a phone call [saying] they wanted me on the song, "Born This Way."

Would she have wanted a feature for one of her most highly anticipated/hyped lead singles back then? Idk seems unlikely to me. Good for her that she got to do an official cover. 

24 minutes ago, Bottom said:

She's also a producer/DJ. In some cases songs get passed around between producers when the Demo is done, to see if anybody has new insight on how the song might sound like and what the general soundscape could be.

I could see that! But yeah seems like BTW turned out just the way it was supposed to be

I feel like Big Freedia was really excited to do Judas I'm happy for her :kara:

TimisaMonster

I'm glad that didn't happen after hearing that cover of Judas...BTW is safe :bear:

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

Archived