Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Courtney Love calls out Olivia Rodrigo, demands flowers and a note

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Magic Mike
1 hour ago, PussPuss said:

Your music sucks and so does your style. Yet you're still around. :neyde:

I agree everything looks copied, reinvented to be kind, but Olivia has enormous potential, even now as "puppet":  she's beautiful and has tremendous good voice.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
LOVE JUNKIE
1 hour ago, WheresMy911Alice said:

I adore Hole :huntyga: but they didn't invent crying prom queens

I was thinking the same at first, but the purple backdrop + the hair + the tearful makeup is stylized in a similar way. Obviously Hole doesn't own the general concept, but I think it's pretty clear that whoever directed the Olivia shoot was using the Hole cover as a reference.

on a three day bender

tylerjs

this girl was literally born in 2003 Season 2 Nbc GIF by The Office

🇹đŸ‡ș🇧🇾 monica from rhoslc kinda had a point

SlipAway
33 minutes ago, RichAssPiss said:

It is not similar enough for a copyright case.

It’s not like she’s suing her. 

SlipAway

Not y’all acting like Live Through This is some unknown old ass record :rip: it’s very iconic. 

In critical circles, Live Through This is considered a contemporary classic,[4]and was included in Rolling Stone's 2020 list of The 500 Greatest Albums of All Time at number 106,[5] as well as being featured on the list 1001 Albums You Must Hear Before You Die. The album was also named the 84th greatest album of all time in a list produced by NME in 2013.

Hyperballad

Am I the only one who thinks this is very clearly a homage? Olivia’s aesthetic is sort of this ‘punk rock Avril-esque’ girl and Courtney is a huge icon in that world.

And if it wasn’t an homage, the similarities are still very striking. Yes the whole ‘crying prom queen’ concept isn’t very original but you can’t deny Olivia’s pic and the LTT cover are almost identical.:rip:

That being said, it’s not a huge deal like people are making it out to be lmao 

Chromatography

omg it’s a crying prom queen shot, so overused y’all are psycho 

RichAssPiss
18 minutes ago, SlipAway said:

It’s not like she’s suing her. 

I know. I was just speaking in terms of whether it's unethical or not. I don't personally think it's unethical. If I were Courtney, I would embrace it. 

4 minutes ago, Hyperballad said:

Am I the only one who thinks this is very clearly a homage? Olivia’s aesthetic is sort of this ‘punk rock Avril-esque’ girl and Courtney is a huge icon in that world.

And if it wasn’t an homage, the similarities are still very striking. Yes the whole ‘crying prom queen’ concept isn’t very original but you can’t deny Olivia’s pic and the LTT cover are almost identical.:rip:

That being said, it’s not a huge deal like people are making it out to be lmao 

Yeah I think so too some of Olivia's songs are very grunge rock sounding and it sounds fresh. Hole was literally like 30 years ago so it's coming back around like disco has.. Courtney should probably take it as a compliment

Lady Palutena

This Olivia person seems to be stepping on a lot of toes, it seems. I wonder if she's a genuine contender for pop music or whatever genre she does?

CouyILq.png

2 hours ago, Luke78619 said:

As if Olivia has ever seen this album cover before :smh: it’s not even an original concept 

I’ve yet to hear a single one of Olivia’s songs, and Courtney is probably one of my fave drag queens, but wtf is this :smh: embarassing when people think they invented something brand new and never-done-before and that no one else can ever do it again without crediting them 

How dare you slander the genderqueer, pansexual, polyamorous, vegan, atheist, feminist, blonde Australian queen that is Courtney Act.

You will be humbled!

HXviPrI.png

Spoiler

JK :laughga:

Adoremus in caelum, Palutena. Dea luminis.

RainingOnMe
2 hours ago, PussPuss said:

Come up with something new Olivia et al.

Her whole aesthetic is tired and uninspired.

Wow sucks to be Olivia and/or industry puppet. 

You realize industry puppets don't write and compose their own music right? :poot:

Olivia wins. She has a #1, millions of streams, and millions of dollars. A lot of you bitter old gay men bickering online will never have any of those things in your lives. :toofunny:

RainingOnMe
50 minutes ago, Chromatography said:

omg it’s a crying prom queen shot, so overused y’all are psycho 

Literally :lmao:

They tried though :poot:

ItWasntLaauv
2 hours ago, PussPuss said:

Come up with something new Olivia et al.

Her whole aesthetic is tired and uninspired.

Wow sucks to be Olivia and/or industry puppet. 

Sheesh, that was harsh, are you alright?

SevenWonder

They are similar. Though, I have to admit, Hole's version is waaay better. 

Still, I think Courtney is just being sassy. Don't think she really means anything by it.

Edit: Courtney is insane, so who knows. 

• Teletubby changed the title to Courtney Love calls out Olivia Rodrigo, demands flowers and a note

Archived