society

751 Unmarked Graves Found at Former Canadian Indian Residential School

Just A Holy Fool

Featured Posts

Just A Holy Fool

https://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/cowessess-first-nation-says-751-unmarked-graves-found-near-former-sask-residential-school-1.5483858

TORONTO -- Cowessess First Nation says it has found 751 unmarked graves on the grounds of the former Marieval Indian Residential School in Saskatchewan.

The Cowessess First Nation, located 164 kilometres east of Regina, began radar scanning of the school grounds and surrounding area on June 1. The findings of that search were officially announced at a news briefing Thursday.

Chief Cadmus Delorme emphasized that the findings were not from a mass grave but unmarked graves where headstones had been removed.

“The Catholic church representatives removed the headstones and today they are unmarked graves,” he said.

This discovery comes less than a month after the discovery of the remains of 215 Indigenous children buried in unmarked graves at Kamloops Residential School in Kamloops, B.C.

The Marieval residential school operated from 1898 to 1996 in the Qu'Appelle Valley. It was run by the Roman Catholic Church until Cowessess First Nation took over its operations in 1981.

The Indian Residential School Survivors Society toll free line is: 1 (800) 721-0066. 

A 24-hour crisis line for residential school survivors is: 1 (866) 925-4419 if you require further emotional support or assistance.

• Shook 1
  • Sad 4
Morphine Prince

Canada was built on genocide just like many other places even if people don’t want to see it. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3
Living

This is horrendous, this poor children. 

Of COURSE it was run by the Catholic Church, makes me so mad. 

• Like 2
Aphasic
1 hour ago, Morphine Prince said:

Canada was built on genocide just like many other places even if people don’t want to see it. 

Argentina for example

• Thanks 1
chromatic puzea

it's even more disgusting that all these graves are being uncovered by private investigators hired by indigenous communities

the church and government still know where these children are but they're making the indigenous people literally dig up the ground for dead relatives

also a pastor at a church i used to attend is out here saying this

and the mayor of the city this church is in has attended mass here several times

the mayor, pastor, and church have yet to say anything about this yet

hard to even fathom which parts you should believe
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
GagaSine
5 minutes ago, chromatic puzea said:

it's even more disgusting that all these graves are being uncovered by private investigators hired by indigenous communities

the church and government still know where these children are but they're making the indigenous people literally dig up the ground for dead relatives

and the mayor of the city this church is in has attended mass here several times

The Catholic Church is so so evil, I don't know how anyone can defend it. The destruction and negativity they have created and acted out globally far far outweighs any positives, and they continue to cover up and be complicit in their horrible actions (hiding pedophile priests, denying responsibility for indigenous genocide). Such open cruelty. I truly do not understand.

• Like 1
Economy
On 6/24/2021 at 12:26 PM, Living said:

This is horrendous, this poor children. 

Of COURSE it was run by the Catholic Church, makes me so mad. 

And its not just the catholic church alone. The Federal Government of the time was part of these partnerships and supported "civilizing" Natives into white culture

Its baffling how the majority of ppl supported this at the time :duck:

Edited by Economy
Economy
On 6/24/2021 at 1:46 PM, chromatic puzea said:

I dont know if they necessairily do. Document Records from individuals in that time are poor and even more so from k8ds that werent valued and seen as citizens

Im sure many kids that were abused to the point of death were literally just barried and the schools covered them up often probably without even relaying any information to anyone. These schools may have been branches of a bigger organization but they still operated independantly also and each school could of done a lot of stuff no other school or head church/government would know about

Theres no reason to assume the individuals running both the Federal Government or Church in 2021 would necessairily have any specific information of who is barried where or how many etc