MARRY THE NIGHT ANNIVERSARY T-SHIRT

society

Eleven-story Miami Beach apartment collapses

Featured Posts

Debithius

"A rescue operation is underway after an apartment building close to Miami Beach collapsed in the early hours of this morning.

The building, believed to be an eleven-storey apartment block called Champlain Towers South, has partially collapsed, fire rescue services confirmed.

It is not known what caused the building, located near 88th street and Collins Avenue in Miami Beach, Florida, to collapse.

There are fears that many people may be dead or remain trapped beneath the rubble at Champlain Towers South following the collapse.

Shocking pictures and videos show what appears to be huge piles of debris lying at the corner of Collins Avenue. 

Miami-Dade Fire Rescue confirmed that more than 80 units, including Technical Rescue Teams, were on the scene with assistance from other fire departments. "

Pictures of before and after are published in this article.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9720381/amp/Eleven-story-Miami-Beach-apartment-building-collapses-sparking-huge-search.html

Holy sh*t, I used have friends who lived in that buildIng.:ohno: I am expecting the worse with a ton of causlties...There is no way the majority of people could have survived that. 

Edited by Debithius
  • Shook 5
  • Sad 5
ALGAYDO

I’m assuming they botched the foundation early on during the construction process, and decided to just ignore the red flags. As someone who used to work in construction, a lot of **** gets overlooked, whether it be accidentally or just incompetence is another thing. 

also, @PartySick, tell your Floridians to get their ish together :grr:

• Like 1
  • Shook 1
  • Sad 1
LateToCult
1 minute ago, ALGAYDO said:

I’m assuming they botched the foundation early on during the construction process, and decided to just ignore the red flags. As someone who used to work in construction, a lot of **** gets overlooked, whether it be accidentally or just incompetence is another thing. 

also, @PartySick, tell your Floridians to get their ish together :grr:

That’s actually terrifying because many buildings were constructed in the 80s (when the collapsed building was constructed) and if this one was made sloppily, how many more throughout the city are also botched and in danger? The building owners won’t give a damn about the safety of their residents and won’t move a single finger to correct anything if that’s the case. London showed us just how stingy property owners are when it comes to safety a few years ago.

• Like 1
HausOfArtpopII
5 minutes ago, LateToCult said:

That’s actually terrifying because many buildings were constructed in the 80s (when the collapsed building was constructed) and if this one was made sloppily, how many more throughout the city are also botched and in danger? The building owners won’t give a damn about the safety of their residents and won’t move a single finger to correct anything if that’s the case. London showed us just how stingy property owners are when it comes to safety a few years ago.

also isnt the entirety of florida sinking? 

BEYONCÉ IS COMING, Sep 4th 12AM EST.
  • Like 1
Living

That’s awful, i feel deeply for the people in that building and there relatives. 

Living
2 minutes ago, HausOfARTPOPII said:

Is it?!

HausOfArtpopII
Just now, Living said:

Is it?!

im not sure i vaguely remember hearing something about it

• Sad 1
PartySick
7 hours ago, HausOfARTPOPII said:

7 hours ago, Living said:

Is it?!

Florida's basically sitting on a huge pile of limestone (which is one reason why we have a lot of sinkholes here) but I've never heard that the state is sinking itself :selena:

Piacere, Girolamo, Trombetta 💚🤝💜
HuffsAhoy

I've stayed in an AirBnB right across from this condo. This is crazy :duck:

Rain on Me
good

These units probably cost like $5000 a month. Only for the building to just crumble because of its garbage infrastructure… even the un-collapsed portion of it looks somewhat old and unstable. And the stilts the whole thing is built on, maybe could have been more sturdy. This was preventable with regular integrity checks by engineers, like c’mon… all these families ended or just shattered because the person owning this building couldn’t use their millions to maintain it.

On second thought, love is enough
  • Like 1
AJRocketMan
15 minutes ago, good said:

These units probably cost like $5000 a month. Only for the building to just crumble because of its garbage infrastructure… even the un-collapsed portion of it looks somewhat old and unstable. And the stilts the whole thing is built on, maybe could have been more sturdy. This was preventable with regular integrity checks by engineers, like c’mon… all these families ended or just shattered because the person owning this building couldn’t use their millions to maintain it.

Exactly. And there’s no rent control in Miami so they don’t have an excuse for not being able to afford to maintain their properties. It’s just greed and incompetence that ultimately caused this.

• Sad 1
good
2 hours ago, AJRocketMan said:

Exactly. And there’s no rent control in Miami so they don’t have an excuse for not being able to afford to maintain their properties. It’s just greed and incompetence that ultimately caused this.

The mayor saying **** like “buildings don’t just collapse…….. clearly it had to do with the support being knocked out from under the building, blah blah blah”

Like no, this **** just wasn’t maintained for the load that it was bearing, bitch! 

On second thought, love is enough
  • Like 1
HausOfArtpopII
5 hours ago, PartySick said:

Florida's basically sitting on a huge pile of limestone (which is one reason why we have a lot of sinkholes here) but I've never heard that the state is sinking itself :selena:

oh thats worse lmao 

Javier Gonzalez

Florida is “slowly sinking” because climate change is going to cause sea levels to rise and Florida is literally a peninsula, at sea level 

Edited by Javier Gonzalez
  • Like 2
PartySick
10 minutes ago, Javier Gonzalez said:

Florida is “slowly sinking” because climate change is going to cause sea levels to rise and Florida is literally a peninsula, at sea level 

That's the sea level rising though not the state sinking :huh:

Yes, I'm fun at parties :vegas:

Piacere, Girolamo, Trombetta 💚🤝💜
  • LMAO 1