Phlop
1 hour ago, Justin Drew Bieber said:

I remember when she used to perform too

Animated GIF

Us waiting for a performance

443460-EA-6-A68-405-B-BB25-415-D0-A970-D

BYE

GooberChill

Me, before watching clip: Ok it’s probably not THAT bad.

me, the moment she says “I was wr0oO0nG....”

Cringe Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Ronk

My favorite part, actually.  Terrific jazz interpretation.  Puts her right up there with the great jazz artists in terms of style and ability. 

I live outside the space time continuum.

G U C C I

I can see how some may like it and even how it is a good vocal technique but I also agree with you. I personally find it annoying especially in this song. And JazzGa is my favorite of all her styles.

I’ve also always f*cking hated how she pronounces “love” in some songs :saladga:

Ronk
18 minutes ago, G U C C I said:

I can see how some may like it and even how it is a good vocal technique but I also agree with you. I personally find it annoying especially in this song. And JazzGa is my favorite of all her styles.

I’ve also always f*cking hated how she pronounces “love” in some songs :saladga:

That's because Gaga is Czechoslovakian.  :giggle:  Jk.

This clip is from the documentary movie Grey Gardens about the aunt and first cousin of Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis.  Jackie's cousin is singing and her mother is criticizing her:

https://vimeo.com/299795282

I live outside the space time continuum.

Stephen

Wow I missed hearing her sing so much. Thank you sharing this great performance :nick:

coutureecstasy
3 hours ago, IllusionLover said:

Ok now that we're talking about it, i hate the "YoUr mAkEuP aIn'T rIgHt" thing she does on Enigma (the show not the song :ladyhaha:)

This is what I though the OP would be about lol the whole tough/hard persona she does during the Engima shows is so cringe. I was watching the Super Saturday version with friends and they were all like “why is she acting like that?”

Anveeroy
3 hours ago, GucciGa said:

I hope she does it in every song going forward :vegas:

Why do I have a feeling like - you had an account before here? 🤔

Stream Kylie-Janet Discographies!

Flippy

But Mr. Sheffield! 

I don’t mind it but it is very Fran Fine :laughga:

TMBT 3.22.11 // TBTWB 1.17.13 // ArtRAVE 6.3.14 // C2CT 5.28.15 // TJWT 8.13.17 // Chromatica World Tour 9.8.22

Sunny21
8 hours ago, PunkTheFunk said:

So I was watching this performance of Lush Life at Gaga's Vegas show. Everything was going fine until this one particular line, "Oh yes, I was wrong", and I was reminded of just how much I hate it when Gaga switches to this particular style in the middle of a song.

"oHh yEesS I wAaz wrRONg....ugh-GaaAin" 

tenor.gif

Gaga has done many things in her career; most things I love, and others I either feel neutral about or don't particularly vibe with. But this is probably the one thing Gaga does on a fairly regular basis, this "playful/naughty" jazz accent, that I absolutely can't stand. It has nothing to do with vocal talent or ability; it is just a totally unnecessary vocal flourish that makes my skin crawl. Does anyone else feel the same way or is it just me?

5e99e674b3b09274ae069d57?width=1200&format=jpeg

Lush Life Reimagined... 

Jazz is FLUID. Learn it, know it, have fun with it! It's more about the performer than the song.

A lot of her fans paid a small fortune for tickets and travel expenses just to see Gaga live. They're not interested in perfect replicas of her studio recordings. 

Jazz & Piano is not a stage musical, it's a Lady Gaga show. Ad lib, play with the lyrics... anything goes!

Her fans singing along at Enigma, at some parts of Jazz & Piano... Did they ruin the show, take you out of the moment? Too bad. Wish you were there!

It's a live show! Gaga interacted with the audience, had fun with the lyrics, reflecting on how decade-old songs relate to her personal life.  

They loved her jokes, too. Jazz is supposed to be fun! :heart: Tony's a master entertainer... She learned from the best.

she/her/hers

Sunny21
5 hours ago, coutureecstasy said:

This is what I though the OP would be about lol the whole tough/hard persona she does during the Engima shows is so cringe. I was watching the Super Saturday version with friends and they were all like “why is she acting like that?”

Because she's depressed? Upset? Angry??

Gaga's Enigma (the show) monologue is no more or less angry than her lyrics for Plastic Doll or Replay. :ohno: Think about it.

She had a psychotic break and was depressed for 2 years after her shortened Joanne World Tour. (In all fairness, we had no idea until she talked about it herself.)

Gaga rarely hit back at her fans, but she did at Enigma... Can you blame her? Some Monsters complained about everything, her makeup artist ("Your MAKEUP ain't right!"), her makeup, her music, like she's not pulling her weight. ("Tell me to go fxck myself!!")

I think Enigma (the show) is basically a 2-hour version of the Marry The Night music video (2011). More graphic. Less hopeful. 

During the torture scene (Aura) she sat with her legs wide open (which she hinted at in the MTN mv), then crawled away. The healing place (The Edge of Glory). A phoenix rising from the ashes.

The Paparazzi music video (2009) was pure fantasy. The Paparazzi scene in Enigma (AT&T Super Sat Night) when she was in distress, surrounded by paps with flashbulbs going off? Couldn't be more real.

she/her/hers

Archived