💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Michael B Jordan to rename J'Ouvert rum after Nicki Minaj criticism

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Teletubby

Actor Michael B Jordan is to rename his rum drunk brand amid allegations of Caribbean cultural appropriation.

Michael B Jordan launched his new venture J'Ouvert this weekend, and it was met with accusations of 'cultural appropriation'. Many critics on social media took offense to Jordan's trademark filing and took aim at one particular line that says, 'The wording 'J'OUVERT' has no meaning in a foreign language.'

The name J'Ouvert originates from the French word 'jour ouvert', meaning day break or morning, and an annual festival held in Trinidad and Tobago and other locations to celebrate Caribbean culture and emancipation from slavery during Carnival.

In an Instagram post explaining the history, Trinidadian-born rapper Nicki Minaj urged Jordan to rethink its use https://www.instagram.com/p/CQcBfxiLWC0/.

Jordan posted an apology and confirmed plans to change the name after "a lot of listening" to the community.
"I just wanna say on behalf of myself & my partners, our intention was never to offend or hurt a culture (we love & respect) and hoped to celebrate & shine a positive light on," he wrote in a statement on his Instagram story.

source  source  source

I'm not Po the ho

Shipper

It is better to have the name changed now while it's new than have complaints and have to change it later. This is good publicity too if he decides to change it. 

It was classy of her to just screencap someone else's explanation than explain it herself and the caption wasn't shady. It was just a genuine comment to change the name. 

I learned something new today. 

💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕

Gagaplayer315

Nicki's nerve to call out someone else :rip:

Archived