chromatic puzea

Featured Posts

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
StarstruckIllusion

This was such a good convo. Loved it sm. Gaga is in good hands

Mother of Puppies

That was very interesting- I did not read a single comment from that chat  cuz I watched it on the big screen :vegas:

Call me LADY MOP & I'll mop the floor with you 🧹

Not The Real Gaga

I hate to admit that I just did not get what she meant with her comments on how her life has changed since she removed her focus from her whiteness (I don't know the exact words she used anymore). Can somehow help me understand it, please? :heart:

That was powerful. Gaga makes you understand, and she makes you feel her words. Her hand gestures, focus, listening, train of thought, answering the question and not going around..she's so powerful, present and humble. I felt Dr. King's genuine admiration for her.

G U C C I
1 minute ago, Not The Real Gaga said:

I hate to admit that I just did not get what she meant with her comments on how her life has changed since she removed her focus from her whiteness (I don't know the exact words she used anymore). Can somehow help me understand it, please? :heart:

As a white female I took that comment as more of a realization that since your white you can have advantages that others don’t and to see your identity in those terms and not just as a white American it can change how you view the world around you. 

StarstruckIllusion
8 minutes ago, MotherOfPuppies said:

That was very interesting- I did not read a single comment from that chat  cuz I watched it on the big screen :vegas:

Your win… it was so disappointing 

GagaSine
5 minutes ago, Not The Real Gaga said:

I mean it's a very personal thing, you would have to ask her. A really powerful realization for me was that the concept of "whiteness" is a construct (for example throughout history Irish, Polish, Italian people have not been considered white at one point or another), it is not a concrete or biological category. This made me take criticism/jokes about "white people" not personally, and understand it was a critic of the system that uphold whiteness and not just something targeting people who happen to be considered white.

Sorry if that is a bad explanation, but it was something that allowed me to be much more dedicated to anti racism, letting go of my whiteness and having no loyalty to it. 

LaLa

I was only able to catch the last 5 minutes, really hope they upload it somewhere soon

GucciGa
6 minutes ago, StarstruckIllusion said:

Your win… it was so disappointing 

But not unexpected... 

😇

enissa11
30 minutes ago, StarstruckIllusion said:

Is she… speaking out against huge promo campaigns?? I— :huntyga:

yes, she said she develop a sort of allergy when everyone is arguing how to rise the numbers and be #1 which is essentially part of the whiteness and privilege in this culture

Mad Architect of Light

Archived