💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Are they actually “reimagined” tho?

Pink Narcissus

Featured Posts

Pink Narcissus

I was looking forward to hearing a new take on the reimagined covers.  Judas was totally reimagined, I wasn’t a huge fan of it, but at least it brought something new to the table.

However, the rest so far have sounded the same as the originals, but more like a karaoke version.  They’re “covers”, yes, but not really “reimagined”.

a good example of a reimagined album is TEGAN & SARA’s 10 year anniversary of THE CON.  The ENTIRE album, every track, was REIMAGINED and covered by various artists.  

we are lucky that we’re getting something, and I think it’s cool- just a bit underwhelming and misleading tbh :/ 

thots?

As Long As You Pay Me…

Jill

Y'all's face will be reimagined by me if you keep asking these questions

This was an official message from the Office of the First Lady.

Pink Narcissus
1 minute ago, Jill said:

I’m calling the police .

As Long As You Pay Me…

ssslyboy
2 minutes ago, Deadcool said:

but more like a karaoke version.

This is how my bf described Kylie’s MTN when he heard it :eww:

Living

It’s just covers, it’s a shame but I just don’t like any of them.. why wouldn’t we just listen to the original? It’s a shame they didn’t just send the stems and actually make them collabs… that would have been so fun!

I'd rather have an album full of Orville's or Ollie's karaoke covers than one full of Big Freeda's reimagination :ladyhaha:

Psyduck

Maybe because it has a low budget? Idk some of Gaga's live hav better quality, that's just me tho.

keep on looking for Psyduck

Pink Narcissus
1 minute ago, ssslyboy said:

This is how my bf described Kylie’s MTN when he heard it :eww:

Yeah . It’s like when you go on YouTube and look up a karaoke version , and that’s the track you’d find.  And Kylies are ATROCIOUS and unlistenable imo 

As Long As You Pay Me…

alsemanche

They're reimagined, but not as drastically as The Con. That was entirely different. BTW seems to be keeping the structures of the songs mostly with different production + vocals. TEOG is very different production-wise for example. Kylie also made it into a disco-inspired track, and BTW was made into a country song. 

Soft, soothing, and succulent

Angelina Stefania

They just used the word reimagined instead of "re-release" or "cover album". 

Dr Fudge

But who are we to tell people how they are to use their imagination? :enigma: For some, reimagining can be as simple as rearranging instrumentals and adding an individual’s singing style to a song. I’m sure these artists didn’t want to deviate too far from the original songs, as this project was to celebrate the album for what it was.

Been a cuff touple, a puff bupple, a tough couple of years.

HuffsAhoy
14 minutes ago, Deadcool said:

However, the rest so far have sounded the same as the originals

ear-doctor-instruments.jpg

You remind me that it's such a wonderful thing to love.

By the looks of it, people either unapologetically hate them or dislike them but put it down to creativity.  

HiddenWeirdo
17 minutes ago, Jill said:

DlklEBnU0AAJG3T.jpg

Pink Narcissus
Just now, alsemanche said:

They're reimagined, but not as drastically as The Con. That was entirely different. BTW seems to be keeping the structures of the songs mostly with different production (mostly genres) + vocals. TEOG is very different production-wise for example. Kylie also made it into a disco-inspired track, and BTW was made into a country song. 

Don’t forget Gaga already made the country road version of BTW tho.  These covers have the same feel tone and vibe and their originals besides Judas.  Imo

As Long As You Pay Me…

Archived