lgbt

1 dead after pickup truck drives into crowd attending Florida Pride parade

BUtterfield 8

Featured Posts

BUtterfield 8

Update:

Original Post:

A pickup truck drove into a crowd of spectators at the start of the Wilton Manors Stonewall Parade and Festival in what appeared to be an intentional act, witnesses said. One person is dead and another is clinging to life, officials said.

A third man is expected to survive.

The Stonewall Parade and Festival is an LGBTQ Pride event, attracting hundreds of spectators and participants from across the county. Many local small businesses closed their doors to participate in the parade, which was canceled.

Fort Lauderdale City Manager Chris Lagerbloom said the FBI is joining the investigation. Police have not confirmed whether the incident was deliberate. Video posted to Twitter by a WPLG reporter appeared to show the driver being taken into custody. The driver was wearing a t-shirt with the logo of the Fort Lauderdale Gay Men’s Chorus emblazoned on the back.

Source

Edited by BUtterfield 8
  • Shook 1
  • Sad 22
PartySick

F*cking. Florida.

Piacere, Girolamo, Trombetta 💚🤝💜
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 3
Serial Chiller

The driver was wearing a pride shirt. He looks old so I'm hoping this had been an accident. :(

I mean it is no less sad but if it is truly motivated by hate ....

Jill

Devastating. These people believe people protesting in the streets for equal rights deserve a death sentence. They're lost beyond reason.

Edited by Jill
This was an official message from the Office of the First Lady.
SamanthaC
2 minutes ago, Serial Chiller said:

The driver was wearing a pride shirt. He looks old so I'm hoping this had been an accident. :(

You're right, but that makes me sad for him as well if that's the case. 

The Adele of GGD's Member & Rain on Me Awards 2020
  • Like 1
BUtterfield 8
3 minutes ago, Serial Chiller said:

He might’ve worn that just to blend in 

HuffsAhoy

Tragic update: the driver of the truck was a member of the Ft Lauderdale Gay Men's Chorus and the people he hit were also part of the same group :( 

Rain on Me
  • Shook 4
  • Sad 4
Ivy
7 minutes ago, HuffsAhoy said:

Tragic update: the driver of the truck was a member of the Ft Lauderdale Gay Men's Chorus and the people he hit were also part of the same group :( 

That's so sad, I don't understand how that happened by accident. He must feel horrible :ohno:

HuffsAhoy
Just now, Ivy said:

That's so sad, I don't understand how that happened by accident. He must feel horrible :ohno:

Nothing official released, but some reports say his foot became lodged between the gas and break. It sounds like a 1 in a million chance, but it's not unheard of...it happened to my cousin when we were kids. 

Rain on Me
  • Shook 1
FreeBritney
29 minutes ago, Serial Chiller said:

If true maybe he had a heart attack or something and it was an accident hopefully, but still so sad for all.

Edit: I see it was in fact and accident now apparently

Edited by FreeBritney
Meta Mart

Sadness. Tragedy. The pride on the back almost feels like you're watching a neo-nazi who's having fun mowing down gays. But I feel this might just be a real tragic accident. The title, sounds like a terrorist attack.

www.metamart.com visit my site! drop me a comment! I do this for people like you..
Ivy
4 minutes ago, HuffsAhoy said:

Nothing official released, but some reports say his foot became lodged between the gas and break. It sounds like a 1 in a million chance, but it's not unheard of...it happened to my cousin when we were kids. 

Omg how scary.. I hope your cousins situation was not tragic like this one

• Like 1
Meta Mart
1 minute ago, Ivy said:

Omg how scary.. I hope your cousins situation was not tragic like this one

Had that happen to me once in the process of learning and beginning to drive... It's a real scary and important issue.

www.metamart.com visit my site! drop me a comment! I do this for people like you..
  • Love 1
Aphasic
1 hour ago, BUtterfield 8 said:

Update:

Original Post:

A pickup truck drove into a crowd of spectators at the start of the Wilton Manors Stonewall Parade and Festival in what appeared to be an intentional act, witnesses said. One person is dead and another is clinging to life, officials said.

A third man is expected to survive.

The Stonewall Parade and Festival is an LGBTQ Pride event, attracting hundreds of spectators and participants from across the county. Many local small businesses closed their doors to participate in the parade, which was canceled.

Fort Lauderdale City Manager Chris Lagerbloom said the FBI is joining the investigation. Police have not confirmed whether the incident was deliberate. Video posted to Twitter by a WPLG reporter appeared to show the driver being taken into custody. The driver was wearing a t-shirt with the logo of the Fort Lauderdale Gay Men’s Chorus emblazoned on the back.

Source

Floridians never cease to amaze me for the worst.