society

Canada Aims To Complete Full Vaccination By July... Aims 90% Vaccination

Featured Posts

Economy

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/beta.cp24.com/news/2021/6/18/1_5476526.html

Canada aims to have 2 completed shots by end of July for everyone eligeable (12 years old and older) with more than enough supply to finish job within a month tho antivax refusals could derail goals

As of now 75.3% of Canadians 12 and older have 1 shot (highest rate in the world) but only 19% have both shots

Daily vaccinations are averaging near 500,000 a day or about 1.2% of population daily

The health minuster has also stated recently (but this part is not mentioned in this specific article) that with the new delta variant being as infectious as it is we may need a 90% vaccination rate in order to prevent outbreaks. Given 20% of Canadians polled are still vaccine hesitant (10% undecided and 10% saying they absolutely will not take it) a 90% coverage seems like a target likely to be missed

Edited by Economy
More clear title defining that its an aim not a certainty
  • Like 1
  • YAAAS 2
  • Economy changed the title to Canada Aims To Complete Full Vaccination By July... Aims 90% Vaccination
Economy
Posted (edited)

I think im gonna book 2nd july for 2nd half of july cuz ill be on vacation and i can be as sick and vaccine will make me no problem

I can have the runs like last time in the comfort of my own home :vegas:

Edited by Economy
godnhat

literally almost in tears... we’re not out of the woods yet but seeing things like this just alleviates a lot of anxiety and depression

• Love 1
Enigma

Weird, Quebec is in the fastest afaik, I was in a priority group before my age, yet my 2nd dose is only on August 20 :oprah:

• Shook 1
FATCAT

The contrast between pre-Biden covid and post-Biden covid is wild. I swear the US is light years ahead of the world with the vaxx rollout, so much so that we’re donating millions to other countries, yet we were the laughing stock at the start under Trump. Wild.

Purr more, hiss less.
  • Love 1
GregJA

In my province we all become eligible June 24th for 2nd dose (as long as enough time has passed between doses) 

I’m really really hoping to get my second Pfizer asap - but the delay in Pfizer doses has me sad - but I hope to just get it over with within the next couple weeks 

Mr. No Award Winner 2020
  • YAAAS 2
Debithius
1 hour ago, FATCAT said:

The contrast between pre-Biden covid and post-Biden covid is wild. I swear the US is light years ahead of the world with the vaxx rollout, so much so that we’re donating millions to other countries, yet we were the laughing stock at the start under Trump. Wild.

I was going to say, yet the US was the first who asked for help but won't help any other countries lol.

• Like 1
OhHenny2020
2 hours ago, GregJA said:

In my province we all become eligible June 24th for 2nd dose (as long as enough time has passed between doses) 

I’m really really hoping to get my second Pfizer asap - but the delay in Pfizer doses has me sad - but I hope to just get it over with within the next couple weeks 

Are you in SK? :poot:

GregJA
7 minutes ago, OhHenny2020 said:

Are you in SK? :poot:

Yes :enigma:

Mr. No Award Winner 2020
RAMROD

Is there any information on vaccines percentage they uses in Canada? Wanna see if they uses Moderna, Pfizer and AZ evenly :sis:

In the USA, we mainly use Pfizer and Moderna. AZ is not approved because back then the trial still going, but then we got enough dosage on Moderna and Pfizer, so I guess they Gov just forgot ir dropped about AZ altogether since? and J&J have stopped production for now. 

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ your garbage in, is garbage out (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡
Poissonche
4 hours ago, Enigma said:

Weird, Quebec is in the fastest afaik, I was in a priority group before my age, yet my 2nd dose is only on August 20 :oprah:

https://www.quebec.ca/sante/problemes-de-sante/a-z/coronavirus-2019/deroulement-vaccination-contre-la-covid-19/deuxieme-dose-du-vaccin-contre-la-covid-19

I don't know your age, but you might already be elligible to move your second dose earlier, or you'll be in the coming days.

• Like 2
GoldenPonyboy

Just got my 2nd dose in New brunswick a couple of days ago inwas really sick for 1 day and then the next day i was totally fine

• Love 1
Economy
5 hours ago, Enigma said:

Originally 2nd doses for most groups were slated to be given later. Mine for example is also booked late August or early September i think

Because more supply came earlier they are movign eligeability up but if Quebec is like my Province Ontario you have to manually change appointment yourself otherwise they will just assume you are keeping the original date they gave you

• Like 1