💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Why do people hate Free Woman and Fun Tonight?

Roronoa

Featured Posts

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Glamourpuss

Because they're not boppy enough for some people but I think they some of her best songs. 

LoLaA

I love Free Woman, a great song. Tbh it had to grow on me but now it is such a great song for me and for my gym because this song is on everytime I work out/ do cardio :party:

fun Tonight is not that catchy to me however I do not hate it and I do not skip it when it comes on, I do not look up for it by myself like I do with for exemple Alice, 911 and Babylon. 

Always be kind to others, you may need them once

PartySick

I hate (not really hate but don't like) Free Woman because we heard the demo. It was unique, felt substantial, everyone adored that "I want them to be be be free free free" bit, and my personal favorite thing about it was the way the chorus terminates in "BE. FREE." before sliding right into the second verse. That was 90s as sh*t, so powerful, and it shook me to my core :giveup:

Then Bloodpop got his hands on it, slapped basic and lifeless sounds on top, sucked out everything that made it unique, and shoehorned in a very unnecessary dance break :yennefer:

If they had just polished the sound that the demo had (especially that vocal sound and the percussion during the "I say that I want it want it" part) then Free Woman would have easily shot to my top 5 and elevated Chromatica above Born This Way in my personal album ranking.

💚

Benji
7 minutes ago, PartySick said:

I hate (not really hate but don't like) Free Woman because we heard the demo. It was unique, felt substantial, everyone adored that "I want them to be be be free free free" bit, and my personal favorite thing about it was the way the chorus terminates in "BE. FREE." before sliding right into the second verse. That was 90s as sh*t, so powerful, and it shook me to my core :giveup:

Then Bloodpop got his hands on it, slapped basic and lifeless sounds on top, sucked out everything that made it unique, and shoehorned in a very unnecessary dance break :yennefer:

If they had just polished the sound that the demo had (especially that vocal sound and the percussion during the "I say that I want it want it" part) then Free Woman would have easily shot to my top 5 and elevated Chromatica above Born This Way in my personal album ranking.

I think you will REALLY like this remix I found on YouTube, it slays :giveup: 

The Z
13 hours ago, Stephen said:

I wonder if it would be hated as much if we never heard the demo.

For me personally, it would be even worse. The demo saves the song for me

Helxig

They're caged men who hate fun I guess :shrug: 

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.

LastNight

It's because their first listen of Free Woman was a demo version no one should never have had access to, they got attached to it and then got mad the official version was different. 

QueenChromatix

I love Free Woman... demo :oops:

hope remix ft. Rina will be more like demo rather than final version

QUEEN CHROMATIX 🌈

Free Woman is not one of my favorites because it has a certain sound in the production that is kind of dated in a not good way. Also I think it needs to be a little faster. It's a fun song tho, I don't hate it

1000 Doves I have some problems with the way her vocals sound on it and the production again is a little off for me.. but it's a beautiful song and I love the piano version

Stupid Love I think would be a lot better with more of a rock sound like she did at the VMAs then I would love it

And I love Fun Tonight :wub: (altho that one line does stick out a little in a weird way)

:vegas:

Cookie Tookie

They both suffer from basic, generic, washed out productions. The Free Woman demo had character to it and could have been polished. Instead, they scrapped the whole instrumental and gave a us a recycled EDM track. Fun Tonight is borderline cringey, and the generic instrumental doesn’t help. It could have been much better being left as a ballad.

Archived