💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Was/Is Nicki Minaj really the "Queen of Rap"...?

Chlorine Sevigny

Featured Posts

Chlorine Sevigny

Or did she just have no competition for all those years. :reductive:

She just seems so... irrelevant now. Especially because she could never manage to get a #1 and the new girls have all done it.

Thoughts? :gayhat:

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
PartySick

I always referred to Missy Elliott as the "queen of rap" :laughga:

Nicki kinda sold out imo. Now she just sells verses to pop stars so she can grab another #1 from someone else's song. I used to stan her :bradley:

It's all subjective though, Nicki is someone's "queen of rap" so she's got that going for herself :laughga:

🖤

PussOfYonce

Why is this a question, honestly the only person who has the bars are Megan and Doja while the only one who has the kind of versatility Nicki has is Doja, even then Doja is jsut about to release her 3rd album, and also uhm Cardi is... well Cardi is cardi she has ghostwriters and is only in the game for the money

✨ puthy tight, puthy clean, puthy fresh ✨

Pennywise

If she did not become Azealia Banks v2.0 but with less talent, I'd say so. But she did exactly that :bear:

YOUR GOD IS NOT HERE MICHAEL NOR WILL HE EVER BE

River

only for the gays lol

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

Chlorine Sevigny
11 minutes ago, HausOfARTPOPII said:

Why is this a question, honestly the only person who has the bars are Megan and Doja while the only one who has the kind of versatility Nicki has is Doja, even then Doja is jsut about to release her 3rd album, and also uhm Cardi is... well Cardi is cardi she has ghostwriters and is only in the game for the money

So what was your answer :bear:

PussOfYonce
1 minute ago, PussPuss said:

So what was your answer :bear:

Yes she still is the queen and has the chance to cement herself once more with NM5 later this year, however Doja is giving Nicki a run for her money

✨ puthy tight, puthy clean, puthy fresh ✨

pussycat

Idk tbh i still see her as a big force but she hasn’t really proven herself to be one for the last couple years

Loyalty

Some would hate to admit it because of who she is now, but Nicki is the Queen of Rap. She’s undefeated. 

pussycat

Also just wouldn’t compare Nicki to like Doja or Megan. Like sure theyre big rn but Nicki was too in her peak

Chesescake

Yes? I guess?

Why asking this on GGD? You should asking hiphop twitter account or reddit hiphophead :oprah:

codymonster

I don’t really like her personality, but her songs go off. She’s a very clever writer.

TimisaMonster

She's been around a long time but she has been a pure floater rent-a-rapper for most of her career imo and barely is known for her OWN music...

She has a diva ugly personality and thinks she's above everyone and it's tiring when you don't have the recipts to back it up...

I'd say Cardi rn is the queen...Nicki took a back seat a LOOOONG time ago

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

Archived