tech

Windows 11 MIGHT be coming on June 24th

alsemanche

Featured Posts

alsemanche

Microsoft has been hinting at a possible new version of Windows. Two days ago, however, they posted a video titled "Windows | Startup Sounds – Slo-fi Remix", which is literally a slowed down version of the Windows start-up sound. The description of the video reads:

"Having trouble relaxing because you’re too excited for the June 24th Microsoft Event? Take a slow trip down memory lane with the Windows 95, XP, and 7 startup sounds slowed down to a meditative 4,000% reduced speed. "

The video is conveniently exactly 11 minutes long, seemingly hinting that Windows 11 will be announced/released/teased/something at the June 24th event (which starts at 11AM ET). 

image001.jpg 

Soft, soothing, and succulent
  • Like 1
  • YAAAS 1
  • Shook 2
  • Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• alsemanche

• Quentin

• Samuli

• iAstroLeo

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

??? Mac is literally unusable plsss 

Macs cost a fortune so  I don't mind Windows, it's just that Microsoft is messy when it comes to updates and stuff like that. One update fixes something but ruins 5 other things and it keeps happening

That's what people that don't use computers say.

pussycat

Wait i thought they were just going to stick with 10 and give it updates?

• Like 3
  • YAAAS 1
  • Thanks 2
alsemanche
1 minute ago, pussycat said:

I feel like the hints are clearly pointing at an 11? the 11 minute video, the event being at 11AM, the windows doing an 11 shape in the event photo.. 

• Like 1
alsemanche
2 minutes ago, Samuli said:

Do we have any info/rumours that what will change compared to 10?

"Microsoft has been working on a new app store for Windows in recent months, alongside some significant UI changes to the operating system. Nadella appears to reference the store changes here, with a promise to unlock a better economy for developers and creators within Windows itself.

This will likely include some significant changes to the Windows Store, allowing developers to submit any Windows application — including browsers like Chrome or Firefox. Rumors have suggested Microsoft may even allow third-party commerce platforms in apps, so developers could avoid Microsoft’s own 15 percent cut on apps and 12 percent cut on games.

Nadella’s specific mention of a “next generation of Windows” is interesting, too. Microsoft typically refers to everything as “Windows 10,” and this language could suggest the company is preparing a more significant shift with Windows branding than just the user interface alone."

https://www.theverge.com/2021/5/25/22453222/microsoft-windows-next-generation-announcement-sun-valley-build-2021-keynote

SHALLOW
4 minutes ago, pussycat said:

This was supposed to be a windows 10 update but then they decided to call it 11. It's really not gonna be that different

Don't you know my a$$ is famous?
VasilisVas

Can’t believed people still use windows as their personal computers. My work laptop is a windows HP and I hate it so much 

• Like 2
RAMROD

I guess they lowkey admit that 10 is kinda messy then, to reiterate their bold statement than 10 will be the last Windows ever, but actually isn't. :diane:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ U AZZHOLE! (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡
alsemanche
2 minutes ago, VasilisVas said:

Can’t believed people still use windows as their personal computers. My work laptop is a windows HP and I hate it so much 

Macs cost a fortune so :bradley: I don't mind Windows, it's just that Microsoft is messy when it comes to updates and stuff like that. One update fixes something but ruins 5 other things and it keeps happening (to me at least). I wish they'd come up with a stable version that doesn't require as many updates. 

• Shook 1
  • Thanks 8
StarstruckIllusion
11 minutes ago, VasilisVas said:

??? Mac is literally unusable plsss 

• Like 2
  • LMAO 1
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 8
Samuli
5 minutes ago, alsemanche said:

Macs cost a fortune so :bradley: I don't mind Windows, it's just that Microsoft is messy when it comes to updates and stuff like that. One update fixes something but ruins 5 other things and it keeps happening (to me at least). I wish they'd come up with a stable version that doesn't require as many updates. 

I've never had any issues with updates. I have always used windows and liked it. :)

Rahrahbitchson

Look at windows now dropping windows 11 and we can't even manage to get an ARTPOP 2 

Stop singing my part now, baby!
  • LMAO 4
  • Sad 1
KURUSHITOVSKA
15 minutes ago, VasilisVas said:

That's what people that don't use computers say.

¿Qué currículum tiene ésta tarántula?
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 4
Bleachella
20 minutes ago, alsemanche said:

I feel like the hints are clearly pointing at an 11? the 11 minute video, the event being at 11AM, the windows doing an 11 shape in the event photo.. 

Microsoft the Taylor Swift of the tech world.... 

• LMAO 7
  • YAAAS 2
alsemanche

7 minutes ago, Samuli said:

I've never had any issues with updates. I have always used windows and liked it. :)

my friends just said the same thing :bear: i think it's my laptop that's fried. I'm getting a new one soon so hopefully that will be better