Watch THE Speech

politics

Kamala Harris bad week

Featured Posts

Aphasic

https://edition.cnn.com/2021/06/09/politics/kamala-harris-biden-border-2024/index.html

VP Harris has received a ton of backlash this week from her visit to Central America and what some certain liberals considered a disappointment due to her lack of support and understanding of the social and economic situation of that region of the continent.

In Guatemala she said to Central Americans: do not come, do not come (to the USA) in front of national and international reporters, rather than show empathy some are questioning her lack of recognition that the USA was literally built by immigrants and that people don't go to the USA simply out of an sporadic call to go to the USA. People are crossing borders looking for a better life and some also are pointing out how the USA government has created this bad environments in these countries by taking advantage of them and now turning their back on them. 

What do you think? 

• Like 3
27monster27

I still can't stop thinking about how conservative got mad at her for no good reason after the "Enjoy the long weekend" tweet :smh:. I genuinely don't understand how that was offensive to veterans. If anything, it shows how a lot of conservatives like to use veterans for their political agenda.

he/him/his
  • Like 3
holy scheisse

I wanna know what she said after do not come, it conveniently cuts her off

holy scheisse
1 minute ago, 27monster27 said:

I still can't stop thinking about how conservative got mad at her for no good reason after the "Enjoy the long weekend" tweet :smh:. I genuinely don't understand how that was offensive to veterans. If anything, it shows how a lot of conservatives like to use veterans for their political agenda.

They're obsessed with the military. And worshipping veterans for "fighting for our freedom." They treat them like soldiers of god. Which makes sense cause they conflate the government with Christianity.

Disgustingk

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
StarstruckIllusion

Cringe wording, but if America does clean up the mess in central America it helped to create, then people wouldn’t even wanna trek here (a lot already don’t wanna come anyway)

Kamala clarified she wants to help central america but idk what her specific plans are

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Aphasic
1 minute ago, holy scheisse said:

I wanna know what she said after do not come, it conveniently cuts her off

She also said: "and I believe if you come to our border you will be turned back". I don't like that attitude from leaders of top economies. It seems correct to use immigrants when it's convenient to them but turn them back when it's not. This applies to other top economies that bully poor countries to create commercial agreements that are one sided and don't do nothing for poor and developing countries therefore creating social and economical destabilization.

Aphasic
4 minutes ago, StarstruckIllusion said:

Cringe wording, but if America does clean up the mess in central America it helped to create, then people wouldn’t even wanna trek here (a lot already don’t wanna come anyway)

Kamala clarified she wants to help central america but idk what her specific plans are

I agree with you. They (Biden/Harris) must have a very clear and well structured plan to stabilize the situation that (honestly) they (the USA) have created.

Married the Night

She can’t win for losing. She’s doing fine. 

• Thanks 1
Jill
5 minutes ago, Cookie Tookie said:

Bad week? How about bad administration altogether. 

I swear, if you insult my husband one more time...

This was an official message from the Office of the First Lady.
  • LMAO 4
Aphasic
1 minute ago, Jill said:

I swear, if you insult my husband one more time...

I think they're doing fine, not great (too much damage to be fixed in 6 months) and a lot of people, in the USA and the world, are still hopeful that this administration will change things for the better. 

• Like 1
boop
18 minutes ago, holy scheisse said:

They're obsessed with the military. And worshipping veterans for "fighting for our freedom." They treat them like soldiers of god. Which makes sense cause they conflate the government with Christianity.

Disgustingk

Republicans worship veterans for everything they’ve done for our country risking their lives, and then they turn around and whine about how oppressed they are for wearing a mask.

Give me a ****ing break.

JusKeepBreathin
Posted (edited)

I get what everyone is saying. I do sympathize with the people of South and Central America but we are in the middle of a pandemic. South and Central America is struggling horribly with the virus and we can't afford a shut down of another year here. However I think those  that are here and have been here for years that deserve their citizenship.

These are not normal circumstances. The Brazil Covid variant is no joke. It is spiking deaths in Latin America and it's more transmisible and able to evade immunity.

Edited by JusKeepBreathin
"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.