Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
life

Rolling stone: 10 years of Born This Way podcast

Mr S

Featured Posts

Mr S

Celebrate 10 Years of Lady Gaga’s ‘Born This Way’ With Our New Podcast

From sax solos by Clarence Clemons to the glorious oddness of “Judas” to the super-powered power ballad “You and I,”  Born This Way was the moment Lady Gaga ascended to superstardom. To celebrate 10 years of the instant-classic album, Brittany Spanos and Rob Sheffield joined host Brian Hiatt — who was in the studio with Gaga for a Rolling Stone cover story as she finished recording Born This Way — for a new episode of the Rolling Stone Music Now podcast. They break down the album’s greatest moments, put it in context of pop at the time, look at its influence, discuss our 2011 cover story, and much more.

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/lady-gaga-born-this-way-album-anniversary-1175847/

Mr S

Weird, because I thought Stans of other artists said this album is forgotten or had no impact? Were they wrong?

ImMatt

Yes!! I was going to post on GGD about this podcast the other day but forgot oops...

It's such a great listen. The Clarence Clemons story about him nearly being on BTW was really interesting as was the chorus to Electric Chapel we nearly got :billie:

Serial Chiller

Ah yes. Just like the ARTPOP revisionism. BTW was snubbed to the ground during its award cycle and underrated by most major outlets. Now that the media realize they couldn't kill Gaga with bad press they're all glowering over her and its legacy. :billie:

Seriously looking at its Metacritic scores there was one single >90 while most favorable reviews are only 80.

Not to mention THAT thing. 

The vindication. 

Thomas P
7 minutes ago, Serial Chiller said:

Ah yes. Just like the ARTPOP revisionism. BTW was snubbed to the ground during its award cycle and underrated by most major outlets. Now that the media realize they couldn't kill Gaga with bad press they're all glowering over her and its legacy. :billie:

Seriously looking at its Metacritic scores there was one single >90 while most favorable reviews are only 80.

Not to mention THAT thing. 

The vindication. 

Rolling Stone has always paid BTW the time of day. 

Other outlets obsess over TFM the most, but they uplift BTW and mostly consider the other to be stellar singles and filler. 

I’m a simple guy to please, if you like Melodrama, we chill.

FFXIV WhiteMage
2 hours ago, Mr S said:

Were they wrong?

Yes :ally:

OGHs found scalped and gaping in a ditch:ally:

Archived