đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
throwback

Lana Del Rey - Ultraviolence

FfFfFfFF

Featured Posts

FfFfFfFF

FICfszJosbLiXuBwk7dhpPgP7SLNiwl1UQnTrgbd

The song turns 7 years old todayI What is your opinion on this song or video? Would you like her to revisit a heavy psychedelic rock style one day?

Varys
3 minutes ago, FfFfFfFF said:

The song turns 7 years old todayI What is your opinion on this song or video? Would you like her to revisit a heavy psychedelic rock style one day?

Sound wise yes. Lyrics wise no

Banned 04/19/2020 - 04/19/2020

PeachJug

amazing song, melodically and lyrically. here's the thing. even though the lyrics aren't "politically correct", they are emotions /experiences that some people actually go through. they may not be healthy but they are authentic 

reallydima

I truly unstanned Lana when this album came out, for exactly what @PeachJugtouches on. I could not bare that she seemed to almost glorify domestic violence, among other seemingly unhealthy relational situations. As I grew up I became more and more in favor of what she was doing, sharing emotions, not all of which were negative. Not my favorite album of hers, but has grown on me immensely.

A R T P O P

I didn't like the themes of UV (song or album) and felt it romanticised some really awful situations. 

I liked the psychedelic sound, and I'm glad she revisited it with NFR! but overall not a fan of the message. Don't come for me but her albums with black and white artwork are her most dreary :poot:

A R T P O P

Basically Ultraviolence is the sort of song people who don't like Lana Del Rey think Lana Del Rey makes all the time :neyde: Utraviolence is Lizzie Grant at her most Lana Del Rey

Sneaky Oliver

Not my favorite UV single. I also hate how people made this into a problematic statement as she romanticizing domestic violence. In the lyrics she says “Jim TOLD ME THAT he hit me and it felt like a kiss (TO HIM)” as she was actually a victim. Why was everyone hating on her because she suffered domestic violence? That would be the same as hating Gaga because of her rape story. She’s not romanticizing rape by any means. 

Personally I don’t enjoy the song as much as WC, SOC and BB and it’s a shame she had to scrap the video at the time, I think it could have made me like the song better 

I’m on my Legacy Act era

vpez

It's one of my favorite songs and probably my favorite album (at least the one I listen to the most in full length) of hers next to Born to Die. Can't believe that it's already 7 years old.

I just love the sound of the whole album as one piece so much. 
But I understand that the lyrics are somehow irritating for some, even though they're relatable for a lot of people. Songwriting is a form of art just like literature itself, the only problem with music is the different target group, so that many young people have access to it and somehow don't understand the intention or misinterpret it because of the romantic voice and sound in general.  

trust is like a mirror, you can fix it if it's broken but you can still see the crack in that ************s reflection.

Agunimon

One of my favorite albums released. Takes me back to such a particular time in my life, every time I listen to it.

js4754394o9823
4 hours ago, reallydimitry said:

I truly unstanned Lana when this album came out, for exactly what @PeachJugtouches on. I could not bare that she seemed to almost glorify domestic violence, among other seemingly unhealthy relational situations. As I grew up I became more and more in favor of what she was doing, sharing emotions, not all of which were negative. Not my favorite album of hers, but has grown on me immensely.

There's a difference between glorifying domestic violence

And writing about your live, experiences and the mentality you are/were in

Everyone should be able to express what they are feeling, even if it's bad

//nevermind, I should read the whole comment before leaving my own :poot:

red wine, cheap perfume and a filthy pout

Glamourpuss

The lyrics make me think about how we perceive our own self worth and how some people are drawn to these types of relationships. I like how it's a more real perspective and not some romantic fairy tale love story that doesn't exist in the real world. 

Archived