šŸ’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA šŸ’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

Orville Peck "fixed" BTW lyrics!

FrankMonster

Featured Posts

ProfessionalClown

Not to be racist but can we have a convo at some point about how white woke Americans take away voices from actual minorities with their performative Ā activism lmao.Ā 

being mainly Native American and Mexican ive seen from both of those sides the way that many yt Americans will go just to make themselves seem like good allies even though they take voices away from actual minorities, calls things offensive when they really arenā€™t, and petition to change things without even wondering if the people theyā€™re ā€œhelpingā€ even want it to happen.

Ā 

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply
StarstruckIllusion
1 minute ago, ProfessionalClown said:

Pretty much. Also ā€œLatineā€ as well Iā€™ve seen.

not ā€œLatineā€¦ā€Ā Wellā€¦ if it takes off - it takes off. I still wanna know whatā€™s wrong w the word ā€œLatinā€ā€¦ like is itĀ not gender neutral?Ā 

Reality

I'm Asian, but I've never personally found the "orient" lyric offensive. I think this is a tricky issue because I see both sides of it. At the end of the day, we all know that Gaga didn't mean any harm with these lyrics. She has consistently proven time and time again that her actions dictate her stance on issues. She obviously is not a racist person and anyone trying to paint her as something like that is just objectively wrong.

That said, I'm also not offended by these new lyrics. To be honest, I think it's weird to have a strong opinion either way. It's weird if y'all are like "OMG YES GAGA! THANK YOU FOR BEING SO PROGRESSIVE! THOSE LYRICS WERE INCREDIBLY OFFENSIVE AND THEY NEEDED TO CHANGED!", and it's weird if y'all are like, "THIS IS THE DUMBEST SH*T EVER. NOTHING WAS WRONG, Y'ALL ARE SENSITIVE AS F*CK!". I just don't see the need to feel strongly about it either way. The original's still there, and this is just a cover of the song. There's literally nothing to be upset about, either way.

That said, I do have a problem with the argument, "The song's about acceptance, despite what people say about you. The terms are offensive, but they're supposed to be because the song's about just embracing who you are, even though there are people out there who may not." Like, okay, so if in the original song, she had a different, more offensive terms for "black" and "gay," would y'all be saying the same thing?? I feel like a lot of you would be like, "Yeah, Gaga should change those lyrics."

šŸƒšŸ–¤šŸ‘¹

ProfessionalClown
5 minutes ago, StarstruckIllusion said:

not ā€œLatineā€¦ā€Ā Wellā€¦ if it takes off - it takes off. I still wanna know whatā€™s wrong w the word ā€œLatinā€ā€¦ like is itĀ not gender neutral?Ā 

Iā€™ve just seen people say it tbh and it makes way more sense than Latinx soĀ :ohwell:

Also it literally is gender neutral but people just gotta be extra af and add an extra letter to everything so idk

LaLuna
6 hours ago, FrankMonster said:

Speaking gender-neutral Spanish is such a chore. It's my first language and it just doesn't feel natural.

The issue is that in Spanish every single noun has a "gender". For a example,

in English a chair is just a chair. It's an it, no gender associated.

In Spanish it's La Silla. Female. You can't say El silla.

Sis, tell me about it. It's the same thing in French, everything is gendered. And the worst part is, I'm a translator so gender neutral language is a daily struggleĀ for meĀ :saladga:

ProfessionalClown
4 minutes ago, Reality said:

I'm Asian, but I've never personally found the "orient" lyric offensive. I think this is a tricky issue because I see both sides of it. At the end of the day, we all know that Gaga didn't mean any harm with these lyrics. She has consistently proven time and time again that her actions dictate her stance on issues. She obviously is not a racist person and anyone trying to paint her as something like that is just objectively wrong.

That said, I'm also not offended by these new lyrics. To be honest, I think it's weird to have a strong opinion either way. It's weird if y'all are like "OMG YES GAGA! THANK YOU FOR BEING SO PROGRESSIVE! THOSE LYRICS WERE INCREDIBLY OFFENSIVE AND THEY NEEDED TO CHANGED!", and it's weird if y'all are like, "THIS IS THE DUMBEST SH*T EVER. NOTHING WAS WRONG, Y'ALL ARE SENSITIVE AS F*CK!". I just don't see the need to feel strongly about it either way. The original's still there, and this is just a cover of the song. There's literally nothing to be upset about, either way.

That said, I do have a problem with the argument, "The song's about acceptance, despite what people say about you. The terms are offensive, but they're supposed to be because the song's about just embracing who you are, even though there are people out there who may not." Like, okay, so if in the original song, she had a different, more offensive term for "black" and "gay," would y'all be saying the same thing?? I feel like a lot of you would be like, "Yeah, Gaga should change those lyrics."

For me Iā€™m pretty offended by the Latinx term bc it was pretty much created by white woke Americans who use performativeĀ Ā activism to act like theyā€™re helping people.Ā 
Ā 

mainly bc you canā€™t even say the word in Spanish šŸ¤¦šŸ½
like nobody who actually speaks Spanish will say it unironically Ā 

GucciGa
1 hour ago, Rebel said:

Shocking. It's okay to think for yourself too btw.

Its her song ffs. Why would I go to a concert and sing different lyrics to her? But go ahead and look like a weirdo šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

šŸ˜‡

Enzo

can't wait for Gaga to keep singing the song as she wrote it :firega:Ā 

ķˆ­ ź¹Œė³“ė©“ ģ–“ź¹€ģ—†ģ“ ģ†Œė¦¬ģ§ˆėŸ¬ģ™€

FentyGa
1 minute ago, Enzo said:

can't wait for Gaga to keep singing the song as she wrote it :firega:Ā 

offensively?Ā :triggered:

Enzo
1 minute ago, FentyGa said:

offensively?Ā :triggered:

not-fake-woke-ly :firega:Ā 

ķˆ­ ź¹Œė³“ė©“ ģ–“ź¹€ģ—†ģ“ ģ†Œė¦¬ģ§ˆėŸ¬ģ™€

sarahb

Who knew Lady Gaga of all people would have her lyrics changed for not being woke enoughĀ :ladyhaha:

GagaSine
9 minutes ago, sarahb said:

Who knew Lady Gaga of all people would have her lyrics changed for not being woke enoughĀ :ladyhaha:

I find this perspective that Gaga is super woke or something to be very strange, she has been criticized almost continuously throughout the years for being offensive. BTW lyrics, the dark tan for V magazine, DWUW, using a wheelchair as a prop, the SXSE performance, the body revolution thing, doing the panda style make up in Japan, calling her assistant a hoodrat, etc etcĀ 

Like "woke" people have been complaining about her foreverĀ :huntyga:Ā it isn't until recently that she's gained this image of being concerned with social justice/catering to "woke"ness. Like obviously the whole gay rights/marriage equality activism was a big deal but idk if it was considered "woke" at the timeĀ the way any small gesture is now.

dit

That entire segment of the song is lyrically clunky and cringe. Born This Way in general is a MESSY AF song imo. The album is amazing though.

Archived