PETA raises concern about BTS’ endorsement of mcdonald’s

BUtterfield 8

Featured Posts

Future Lovers
10 minutes ago, Luc said:

Did PETA lie?

TW: this is what BTS is actively promoting

Reveal hidden contents

Don't get me wrong, I'm all on board for putting an end to the inhumane practices that populate the food industry. It's deplorable. 

But I really gotta tell you that PETA is not an organization you need to in any way shape form or fashion support. They are not who they say they are. They are in fact responsible for more euthanizations of completely healthy animals in their shelters than most animal shelters by quite a large margin. In 2016 alone, 71.9% of all cats taken in by PETA were killed under their watch. 

They are noted sexists and have put pregnant women in cages and compared them to cows all for the sake of media coverage. They also frequently objectify women in their ads. 

The group claims that dairy products cause Autism (there is little to no science to back that up) and have gone so far as to reinforce negative stereotypes about Autism specifically to support their messaging on this. 

PETA has a history of comparing animal suffrage to victims of rape and even went so far as to actually publish testimonials from actual rape victims under the umbrella of saying "this is what animals in the industry feel like." And while yes they suffer tremendously, to trivialize rape and use it as a gimmick to sell their point, directly using rape survivors for promotional purposes, is disgusting. 

PETA has a long history of fat shaming, anti-ssemitic holocaust analogies, highly questionable remarks regarding slavery, have openly declared that seeing eye dogs are unimportant and should not be a practice (their founder even forcibly stole a guide dog from it's blind owner). 

Oh, and they have supported a white supremacist on multiple occasions. 

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
PartySick
14 minutes ago, RAMROD said:

Blasphemy!! Are you undercover BK agent??!!! :triggered:

Big mac, quarter pounder, fillet i fish, nuggets, fries, and vanilla ice cream are McDonalds best menu :triggered:

Burger King does fries and burgers better, Wendy's does nuggets better, and KFC does chicken better in general :legend:

The McCafé items slap though, ngl.

Also, I just realized this is like the third time I've quoted you in the last hour :emma: I swear I'm not stalking you, your posts are just the most interesting I guess :emma:

27 minutes ago, Economy said:

I ordered one the other day just cuz i wanted nuggets

I asked for Sweet and Sour sauce and they gave me the BTS bbq edition instead :neyde:

Is the BBQ sauce even different than regular BBQ sauce? Or are BTS stans really just paying for the cardboard packaging?

Spoiler

And am I going to sit here and pretend I didn't do the same damn thing when I bought golden oreos with food dye in a pink package? :emma:

🧟‍♂️ A haunting ghostly treat 👻 the ghoulish trickery 🔮

alsemanche

PETA has the weirdest "activism" istg... I haven't eaten any meat in 3 years and I strongly oppose that but like... what exactly are they trying to do by targeting BTS? :bear: I'm all for advocating for animal rights and against animal abuse but who is this benefitting exactly? 

Soft, soothing, and succulent

RAMROD
18 minutes ago, BUtterfield 8 said:

Bish Wendy’s and Burger King nuggets taste way better than McDonald’s 

4 minutes ago, PartySick said:

Burger King does fries and burgers better, Wendy's does nuggets better :legend:

I'll pretend not to read this. Never repeat this mistake again! :bradley:

4 minutes ago, PartySick said:

Is the BBQ sauce even different than regular BBQ sauce? Or are BTS stans really just paying for the cardboard packaging?

Reveal hidden contents

And am I going to sit here and pretend I didn't do the same damn thing when I bought golden oreos with food dye in a pink package? :emma:

BTS menu doesn't come with BBQ sauce, but Cajun, and Sweet Chilli

btsmcdonald_s.jpg

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ 𝚍𝚊𝚗𝚌𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚑𝚊𝚍𝚘𝚠 𝚘𝚏 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚗𝚒-𝚒-𝚒-𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝...! (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Rj Barker
Just now, alsemanche said:

PETA has the weirdest "activism" istg... I haven't eaten any meat in 3 years and I strongly oppose that but like... what exactly are they trying to do by targeting BTS? :bear: I'm all for advocating for animal rights and against animal abuse but who is this benefitting exactly? 

This, I have a real issue with them. They're the epitome of eye roll activism, they must realise that all they do is piss people off and actively push people away from their cause. 

RAMROD
5 minutes ago, PartySick said:

Also, I just realized this is like the third time I've quoted you in the last hour :emma: I swear I'm not stalking you, your posts are just the most interesting I guess :emma:

By the way, I don't mind if you do 

7VQJ.gif

:giggle:

PartySick
5 minutes ago, RAMROD said:

BTS menu doesn't come with BBQ sauce, but Cajun, and Sweet Chilli

btsmcdonald_s.jpg

When I hear "cajun" I think of that delicious earthy tasting spice flavor. Don't make me have to go try this, I hate BTS :bradley:

BornAsUnic0rn
44 minutes ago, DelusionalGaga said:

"chickens are not nuggets" :rip:

but nuggets are chicken. mostly. :derpga:

JusKeepBreathin

PETA should be as afraid as those chickens once the whole army becomes aware of this. 

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

js4754394o9823
34 minutes ago, Forbidden Love said:

Don't get me wrong, I'm all on board for putting an end to the inhumane practices that populate the food industry. It's deplorable. 

But I really gotta tell you that PETA is not an organization you need to in any way shape form or fashion support. They are not who they say they are. They are in fact responsible for more euthanizations of completely healthy animals in their shelters than most animal shelters by quite a large margin. In 2016 alone, 71.9% of all cats taken in by PETA were killed under their watch. 

They are noted sexists and have put pregnant women in cages and compared them to cows all for the sake of media coverage. They also frequently objectify women in their ads. 

The group claims that dairy products cause Autism (there is little to no science to back that up) and have gone so far as to reinforce negative stereotypes about Autism specifically to support their messaging on this. 

PETA has a history of comparing animal suffrage to victims of rape and even went so far as to actually publish testimonials from actual rape victims under the umbrella of saying "this is what animals in the industry feel like." And while yes they suffer tremendously, to trivialize rape and use it as a gimmick to sell their point, directly using rape survivors for promotional purposes, is disgusting. 

PETA has a long history of fat shaming, anti-ssemitic holocaust analogies, highly questionable remarks regarding slavery, have openly declared that seeing eye dogs are unimportant and should not be a practice (their founder even forcibly stole a guide dog from it's blind owner). 

Oh, and they have supported a white supremacist on multiple occasions. 

Yes PETA is bad, but did they lie here? No

We can acknowledge that they are evil and talk just about the point they've made, without being biased because we don't like them

red wine, cheap perfume and a filthy pout

RAMROD
19 minutes ago, PartySick said:

When I hear "cajun" I think of that delicious earthy tasting spice flavor. Don't make me have to go try this, I hate BTS :bradley:

I honestly also got so intrigued to try, just for the sauces. :diane:

PartySick
Just now, RAMROD said:

I honestly also got so intrigued to try, just for the sauces. :diane:

Let me know if it's good :gum:

I might stop by McD's tomorrow after work on my way home to try it :toofunny: then I'll post a hate review :toofunny:

Future Lovers
2 minutes ago, kukuryku666 said:

Yes PETA is bad, but did they lie here? No

I'm not saying the point is invalid, but I am saying that I'm not really willing to give them an inch either. A broken clock is still right twice a day, but once that minute passes it goes back to be worthless. 

Archived