Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Columbia records talking 2 streaming companies about BTS’ streaming numbers

BUtterfield 8

Featured Posts

BUtterfield 8

1622405186-bts.jpg

The Executive VP of Columbia Records has responded to ARMYs voices regarding the recent issue of BTS streaming numbers not being reflected accurately.

As reported, ARMYs have recently trended "#InvestigateSpotify' after discovering that a large portion of their streams of BTS's songs have been filtered and not counted on Spotify. According to the data found in BHF Data Analytics, 47% of the streams were not counted for "Butter" while 38% were not counted for "Dynamite."

With increasing demands for transparency, fans have contacted various authorities in the music industry, including Peter Gray, the Executive Vice President of Columbia Records. In a post shared by '@chartbangtan', Gray responded via Direct Messages on Instagram that the company is having "high level conversations" with all streaming platforms about the issue. 

Source

BillieGOAT

Is the complaint that they are being filtered too much or they aren’t being filtered enough? 

I can enthusiastically get behind one of those

PartySick

BTS stans are annoying but I can't deny I miss the days when Monsters had this kind of energy :enigma:

Melanie, 5/29 | Janet, 7/20 💃💚✨

Lucas

But they said many times that they filter streams that only have a purpose to manipulate charts, and this is exactly what BTS fans are doing everywhere. So I don't understand why they keep bothering to do it and complain that they get filtered :confused:

weed

inb4 Spotify takes BTS off of Spotify skskskskksksksksk ofc not happening but I would scream

enissa11

ARMYs complaining they don't let them do cheating freely, the audacity...

Mad Architect of Light

StarstruckIllusion
11 minutes ago, BillieGOAT said:

Is the complaint that they are being filtered too much or they aren’t being filtered enough? 

I can enthusiastically get behind one of those

too filtered 

zakariah

i’m always so shocked when fans do these types of things, like do you have THAT MUCH time to spare???

in the case of BTS Army, they probably do since most of them are younger than 21 years old lmao

LaLuna

I was tempted to make a snarky comment about today's stan culture but then I remembered actually writing a letter (yes, a LETTER) to complain about a VJ who mocked the Backstreet Boys live on TV back in the day :bear:

gypsy101
50 minutes ago, weed said:

inb4 Spotify takes BTS off of Spotify skskskskksksksksk ofc not happening but I would scream

with joy

Lady Palutena

This is getting pathetic...

I always wonder about fans of this caliber—like, what do they get out of their fave being at the top of the chart? Bragging rights? Validation? Do they live vicariously through their fave's success? Not just BTS stans, but all of them. Like, Gaga being on the top of the charts doesn't impact my life in any direct way. My favorite album from my favorite J-Pop singer charted at 39th place on the Oricon charts—that doesn't make it any less of an amazing album.

CouyILq.png

Adoremus in caelum, Palutena. Dea luminis.

PartySick
48 minutes ago, LaLuna said:

I remembered actually writing a letter (yes, a LETTER) to complain about a VJ who mocked the Backstreet Boys live on TV back in the day :bear:

I aspire to have this kind of energy :pray:

LaLuna
2 minutes ago, PartySick said:

I aspire to have this kind of energy :pray:

Keep in mind I was 14 at the time, today I definitely wouldn't bother :billie:

PartySick
1 minute ago, LaLuna said:

Keep in mind I was 14 at the time, today I definitely wouldn't bother :billie:

I'm 26 and I definitely would do this now :ladyhaha:

Archived