music news

Madonna - MADAME X TOUR - Release Date

Joshua James

Featured Posts

RAMROD

It is actually happening :diane:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ WUMBOLOGY! (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

sillynate

I knew this was coming after RH tour ended in March 2016 and the DVD didn’t come until Sep 2017 :huntyga: 

perched for LAP 2020 though :vegas:

Bio

I only have seen a few videos of the show but I have a feeling this one’s gonna be one of her best. 

ballerios

bruh she teasing it like everyday and decided to put it out on october .. girl bye 

Anderson123
Just now, Bio said:

I only have seen a few videos of the show but I have a feeling this one’s gonna be one of her best. 

They’re all so good but my favorites are Drowned World and Confessions. I’m so excited to see this one because of the more intimate setting. I feel like it’s gonna be quite enjoyable on DVD. 

Butters Stotch

Can someone explain to me why it took her so long?

FIND YOUR FREEDOM IN THE MUSIC

JusKeepBreathin
23 minutes ago, Anderson123 said:

They’re all so good but my favorites are Drowned World and Confessions. I’m so excited to see this one because of the more intimate setting. I feel like it’s gonna be quite enjoyable on DVD. 

Drowned World is always going to be my favorite. 

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

Future Lovers
31 minutes ago, Butters Stotch said:

Can someone explain to me why it took her so long?

Well first and foremost I imagine the pandemic kept her from working on it at all for awhile. She only really began talking about it in the late summer of 2020 and even then it had not taken shape at all. Under normal circumstances she probably would've began working on it pretty soon after the tour ended like she typically does, but she was kept from it. 

Now, this is gonna be a little wordy just because I'm studying film, this is my passion area. But the process of making a film (and by all accounts this is more than just a concert DVD, it's being treated and produced like an actual film) is long and arduous under normal circumstances, let alone in the midst of an ongoing global crisis and work being done on other unrelated projects. 

Based on what she's said in the past about screenings, I think she's been in the endgame for a little while, but the endgame is the most difficult part. There are different stages of cutting that go into a final film. There's the assembly cut which is a shapeless assembly of footage. These cuts have little structure and tend to be incredibly long as there is no real editing done to them and especially no post-production work. This would've been assembled way ahead of her doing reshoots so this version was probably what she was working with when she announced that she was working on a MX film at all. Next comes a rough cut which is made using notes from the director. The director will view an assembly cut and decide on the film's structure, what they want the presentation to be, and how they would like the film to flow. Still, no post-production work is done here, it's just a trimmed down version of the film that has some actual structure in place. Then comes the work print which is a further edited version with some post-production work but still far from a completed version. Work prints are still rough around the edges as their purpose is not to be viewed, but to guide the final stages of the editing process. Then there will be the master version (called different things depending on who you ask) which is the film assembled as the director intends, post-production touches completed (filters, overlays, final edits, etc), and this is the version that will get shown to the director and producers and whoever's backed the film, and I think that's where she is currently, or what she just finished. From there they can make some other adjustments to the film where needed such as tightening up some of the editing and tweaking post-production elements. She said recently they working on the sound mix and the coloring which is usually part of the last stages of work because you pretty much have to have the film down to it's final edit and structure if you're going to go through the tedious process of coloring and the sound mix. I would think that she'll have her final version done and ready in the next couple of months, if not in the next month. From there it's up to whoever will be distributing it (it seems to be Netflix if the rumors are to be believed) to pick a release date and they may have deiced October is the best time. If it's a DVD/Blu-Ray, they need time to manufacture it. 

IllusionLover

Wow this last Friday before pride month is already serving 

13 | this is my dancefloor i fought for, your voice is louder, it echoes

Archived