Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Has Dr Luke been un-cancelled?

Leoooo

Do you mind Dr Luke continuing to contribute to Pop very openly?   

83 members have voted

1. 1. Do you mind Dr Luke continuing to contribute to Pop very openly?

• Yes, I will not support his career at all.
    • I will never like him, but I enjoy his music and will continue to support the ones I like.
    • No, it has been a long time and the court has ruled against Kesha so far, he can do what he likes.
    • I don't even acknowledge his existence.

Featured Posts

Leoooo

For a while Dr Luke has been making big contributions to music we all enjoy without (some) of us knowing how much..

Prescription Songs, which he owns, has credits on 'Don’t Start Now' and 'New Rules' from Dua Lipa.

Kim Petras is signed to Prescription Songs and he has writing credits on everything she has released & will release so far. (with some credits under one of his Alias's 'Made in China') she is basically his new Kesha in a way.

Doja Cat is signed to his second publishing company 'Kemosabe Records' and Dr Luke produced 'Say So' under the alias 'Tyson Trax' and produced for Saweetie recently.

Confused Chrissy Teigen GIF

Along with Made In China and Tyson Trax how many other names has be put on songs we don’t know about so he can continue working?

What are your thoughts on Dr Luke potentially making the biggest pop hits openly and constantly again, would it / does it change how you feel about the songs he is producing or the artists he's working with? Because lets be honest they are all such bops, but he's evil.... Like if Katy made another song with him, is it even a deal to anyone anymore?

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
JusKeepBreathin

Art is art. I hate Joss Whedon but I am hooked on The Nevers. That last episode slapped my face with a 12 inch d_ld_. 

Luckily nothing new Dr. Luke has done has slapped my face that hard. 

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

LukiiGleek

Katy made her best hits when she worked with him haha. I was surprised as well when I saw that the Doja Cat songs that I like, were produced by him. TBH people only work with him for hits, but not because he is a great person. Kim Petras is great tho, I like the music they make together

tyler k

he also co-wrote Kiss Me More and works with Saweetie & Kim Petras... Doja hasn't spoke about him recently but like why the hell was he nominated for Grammys???

I've also been wondering about this, is he un-cancelled or do people just not care anymore??

KESHA DESERVED BETTER:messga:

mmmy name ~isn't~ aliceee

Kadikaado

It's hard to escape his songs, if I know a song was produced by him I won't buy it, but you can't escape listening or liking his songs, I just try to not listen very often.

It's hard. My favorite writer was accused by her children of p*dophilia (Marion Zimmer Bradley), I don't want to buy new books and I feel guilty for the ones I already own. But at the same time I can't stop loving The Mists of Avalon or Darkover.

I am authistic, so don't be offended if I make a mess sometimes.

Anderson123

I think the Dr. Luke Kesha case wasn't as big because the locals don't really know about producers and writers. Like, this would've been a bigger deal if it were a singer (like R. Kelly) but since casual listeners only care about adding their catchy song to their playlist, he managed to get away with it because they don't recognize his face.

As for me, I don't really care since a lot of my favorite artists have worked with him. From Britney to P!nk to Avril Lavigne, etc. he's pretty much a hit maker like Max Martin that you can't get away from his work.

Werk
28 minutes ago, tmo13 said:

he also co-wrote Kiss Me More

Apparently he didn't but she's forced to credit him because of her contract :toofunny:

Taylucifer

I try my best not to support him and I will continue to do so:vegas:

1989 (TV) is out NOW

Lady Palutena

I don't know if it's a product of getting older but I don't even listen to American music anymore. My taste is primarily in J-Pop, specifically, seiyuu and singer Asami Imai. Mr. Gottwald's music never reaches my ears. However, I think he needs to be held accountable for what he has done. And he's a disgusting being. 

9m3mqz1.png

Adoremus in caelum, Palutena. Dea luminis.

Runway

Maybe so. Katy should reach out to him. She got nothing to lose now

Cookie Tookie

That’s because y’all never “cancelled” him. Y’all still supported and streamed all these new productions of his and made excuses as to why you’re streaming them.

js4754394o9823

He's a piece of trash

Not only an abuser but a thief too

I would never stream any of his songs

18 minutes ago, Runway said:

Maybe so. Katy should reach out to him. She got nothing to lose now

Katy supports Kesha

red wine, cheap perfume and a filthy pout

Chromatica Island

No, I will not support him

Any/All Pronouns, Genderfluid🏳‍⚧

PartySick

Where's the "I don't even acknowledge his existence and have never heard of him before or after Kesha told her story" option

🖤

Archived