SharkmanthaC 115,335 Posted May 12, 2021 Share Posted May 12, 2021 Over the weekend there was a ransomware (originating from Russia) attack on the colonial pipeline that goes from the Gulf to northeastern US. People have been panic buying since Monday and many stations have run out of gas. When stations do have gas, there have been some long lines. Many states have declared a state of emergency. As of 9 pm ET Tuesday, 12.3% of gas stations in North Carolina and 8.6% in Virginia didn't have gasoline, according to outage figures reported by GasBuddy, an app that tracks fuel prices and demand. The Virginia figure was up from 7.7% at 4p ET, while North Carolina was up from 8.5% previously. Rising outages are also being reported at gas stations in Georgia (8.0%), Florida (3.0%) and South Carolina (5.9%), according to GasBuddy, which collects user reports and shares the information with the government during emergencies. Source: https://www.cnn.com/2021/05/11/business/gas-shortage-demand-pipeline-hack/index.html Here is more about the ransomware attack: https://www.cnn.com/2021/05/10/politics/what-matters-colonial-pipeline/index.html I also have to add, I live in the city where Colonial Pipeline has a large amounts of tanks (we call it the tank farm). It is unnerving that they were so easily attacked. The pictures in the first article are from the city I live in. she/her/hers Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Guest Posted May 12, 2021 Share Posted May 12, 2021 It’s ridiculous. Tell people not to panic buy and that’s exactly what they did. Every gas station near me (about 18) is currently out of gas because people went out and bought all the gas they could. I was so stressed out because I actually needed gas and have to drive quite a long distance today. Thankfully found somewhere that still had some but they’re empty today. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Mister G 10,533 Posted May 12, 2021 Share Posted May 12, 2021 1 minute ago, Agunimon said: It’s ridiculous. Tell people not to panic buy and that’s exactly what they did. Every gas station near me (about 18) is currently out of gas because people went out and bought all the gas they should. I was so stressed out because I actually needed gas and have to drive quite a long distance today. Thankfully found somewhere that still had some but they’re empty today. Friend of mine in Atlanta said it was a nightmare down that way yesterday. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
SharkmanthaC 115,335 Posted May 12, 2021 Author Share Posted May 12, 2021 1 minute ago, Agunimon said: It’s ridiculous. Tell people not to panic buy and that’s exactly what they did. Every gas station near me (about 18) is currently out of gas because people went out and bought all the gas they should. I was so stressed out because I actually needed gas and have to drive quite a long distance today. Thankfully found somewhere that still had some but they’re empty today. Yeah I mean there are several companies talking about having people work from home again. she/her/hers Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Guest Posted May 12, 2021 Share Posted May 12, 2021 1 minute ago, Mister G said: Friend of mine in Atlanta said it was a nightmare down that way yesterday. Just now, SamanthaC said: Yeah I mean there are several companies talking about having people work from home again. It's just so stupid. This has been going on for a few days now. But it was only just reported yesterday, and the consequences of that were long lines at practically all the gas stations. I went to visit a friend last night and on my way, I passed by about 4 gas stations and there were lines that went into the highway as if every gas station was a Chick-fil-a. Spent about 2 hours there. When I went out, those gas stations were all empty and out of gas. Gas would still have been readily available if people weren't rushing to the tank and continued to live like they were while this was going on, without knowing about it. This was speculated to have lasted the rest of the week, or up to the end of next week. If people continued to buy gas as they needed it, there would be enough for people to continue to fuel their tanks until this is over. Now with every gas station out of gas around me and in other parts of the east coast, we are going to have to wait until there's enough gas loaded into the supplies at these stations now. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
LateToCult 42,255 Posted May 12, 2021 Share Posted May 12, 2021 *stares in west coast* Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
HuffsAhoy 7,433 Posted May 12, 2021 Share Posted May 12, 2021 It's amazing how many of my well-educated friends fell for this idiocy. Usually this panic buying is done by the white trash rednecks in the rural parts of NC. It makes me nauseous seeing how animalistic humans get over something useless. Just wait until we have a natural disaster and there is a real shortage of fuel. America really is doomed with this shortage of common sense. You remind me that it's such a wonderful thing to love. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Bloody hooker 6,445 Posted May 12, 2021 Share Posted May 12, 2021 The two cars that my family have has their low fuel levels lights on. Gas stations in my area are either completely closed, have the pumps covered or roped off, or have lines going almost into the road. My mom told me to go get gas for my car (one of the two cars) on Monday because she knew people were going to start panic buying, but I didn’t feel like it. This mutual gaze was a “longing to touch” or a "pre-coitus" stare. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
MonsterJay 1,563 Posted May 12, 2021 Share Posted May 12, 2021 I live in NC, fueled up sunday and was off monday and Tuesday. i’m amazed at the amount of people panic buying the past 2 days This happened back in San Antonio like 2 or 4 years ago and it resolved itself after people laid off the panic buying. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
A MESS 3,938 Posted May 12, 2021 Share Posted May 12, 2021 ....i really read "Gaga shortage". Генерал Марина Абрамовић Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
RAMROD 118,174 Posted May 12, 2021 Share Posted May 12, 2021 I heard people were panicking and taking jerry can to gas stations? Is that true or just gossip?? (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ ⁱᵐ'ᵐᵃ ʰⁱᵗ ᵈᵉᶠʳᵒˢᵗ ᵒⁿ ʸᵃ, ˡᵉᵗ'ˢ ᵍᵉᵗ ⁱᵗ ᵇˡᵃᶻⁱⁿᵍ﹗ (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡ Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
VoidTwo 259 Posted May 12, 2021 Share Posted May 12, 2021 20 minutes ago, milam said: ....i really read "Gaga shortage". Me too Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
G U C C I 5,633 Posted May 12, 2021 Share Posted May 12, 2021 People in the southeastern US (I was born and raised in the area and also still live there so I can say this) are for the large part the dumbest motherf*cking drama queens on the planet. As a whole, this regions constant need to be on the edge of the end of times and outraged by literally everything is second to none. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Chromatislaps 34,854 Posted May 12, 2021 Share Posted May 12, 2021 where is Taco Bell when you need it? Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Mindblown 6,748 Posted May 12, 2021 Share Posted May 12, 2021 10 minutes ago, G U C C I said: People in the southeastern US (I was born and raised in the area and also still live there so I can say this) are for the large part the dumbest motherf*cking drama queens on the planet. As a whole, this regions constant need to be on the edge of the end of times and outraged by literally everything is second to none. It's 7am and you just dragged the whole southeastern portion of the US, I can't lie, it's a great way for me to wake up Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Featured Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.