Watch THE Speech

other

Gas shortage in eastern US

Featured Posts

SamanthaC

Over the weekend there was a ransomware (originating from Russia) attack on the colonial pipeline that goes from the Gulf to northeastern US. People have been panic buying since Monday and many stations have run out of gas. When stations do have gas, there have been some long lines. Many states have declared a state of emergency. 

As of 9 pm ET Tuesday, 12.3% of gas stations in North Carolina and 8.6% in Virginia didn't have gasoline, according to outage figures reported by GasBuddy, an app that tracks fuel prices and demand. The Virginia figure was up from 7.7% at 4p ET, while North Carolina was up from 8.5% previously. 

Rising outages are also being reported at gas stations in Georgia (8.0%), Florida (3.0%) and South Carolina (5.9%), according to GasBuddy, which collects user reports and shares the information with the government during emergencies.

Source: https://www.cnn.com/2021/05/11/business/gas-shortage-demand-pipeline-hack/index.html

Here is more about the ransomware attack: https://www.cnn.com/2021/05/10/politics/what-matters-colonial-pipeline/index.html

I also have to add, I live in the city where Colonial Pipeline has a large amounts of tanks (we call it the tank farm). It is unnerving that they were so easily attacked. The pictures in the first article are from the city I live in. 

The Adele of GGD's Member & Rain on Me Awards 2020
  • Like 1
  • Shook 1
Agunimon
Posted (edited)

It’s ridiculous. Tell people not to panic buy and that’s exactly what they did. Every gas station near me (about 18) is currently out of gas because people went out and bought all the gas they could. I was so stressed out because I actually needed gas and have to drive quite a long distance today. Thankfully found somewhere that still had some but they’re empty today. 

Edited by Agunimon
  • Like 6
Mister G
1 minute ago, Agunimon said:

It’s ridiculous. Tell people not to panic buy and that’s exactly what they did. Every gas station near me (about 18) is currently out of gas because people went out and bought all the gas they should. I was so stressed out because I actually needed gas and have to drive quite a long distance today. Thankfully found somewhere that still had some but they’re empty today. 

Friend of mine in Atlanta said it was a nightmare down that way yesterday.

SamanthaC
1 minute ago, Agunimon said:

It’s ridiculous. Tell people not to panic buy and that’s exactly what they did. Every gas station near me (about 18) is currently out of gas because people went out and bought all the gas they should. I was so stressed out because I actually needed gas and have to drive quite a long distance today. Thankfully found somewhere that still had some but they’re empty today. 

Yeah I mean there are several companies talking about having people work from home again. 

The Adele of GGD's Member & Rain on Me Awards 2020
Agunimon
1 minute ago, Mister G said:

Friend of mine in Atlanta said it was a nightmare down that way yesterday.

Just now, SamanthaC said:

Yeah I mean there are several companies talking about having people work from home again. 

It's just so stupid. This has been going on for a few days now. But it was only just reported yesterday, and the consequences of that were long lines at practically all the gas stations.

I went to visit a friend last night and on my way, I passed by about 4 gas stations and there were lines that went into the highway as if every gas station was a Chick-fil-a. Spent about 2 hours there. When I went out, those gas stations were all empty and out of gas.

Gas would still have been readily available if people weren't rushing to the tank and continued to live like they were while this was going on, without knowing about it. This was speculated to have lasted the rest of the week, or up to the end of next week.

If people continued to buy gas as they needed it, there would be enough for people to continue to fuel their tanks until this is over. Now with every gas station out of gas around me and in other parts of the east coast, we are going to have to wait until there's enough gas loaded into the supplies at these stations now.

HuffsAhoy

It's amazing how many of my well-educated friends fell for this idiocy. Usually this panic buying is done by the white trash rednecks in the rural parts of NC. It makes me nauseous seeing how animalistic humans get over something useless. Just wait until we have a natural disaster and there is a real shortage of fuel. America really is doomed with this shortage of common sense. 

Rain on Me
  • Like 8
Bloody hooker

The two cars that my family have has their low fuel levels lights on. Gas stations in my area are either completely closed, have the pumps covered or roped off, or have lines going almost into the road. My mom told me to go get gas for my car (one of the two cars) on Monday because she knew people were going to start panic buying, but I didn’t feel like it.

This mutual gaze was a “longing to touch” or a "pre-coitus" stare.
  • Like 1
  • Shook 1
MonsterJay

I live in NC, fueled up sunday and was off monday and Tuesday. 
i’m amazed at the amount of people panic buying the past 2 days :interestinga:

This happened back in San Antonio like 2 or 4 years ago and it resolved itself after people laid off the panic buying.

RAMROD

I heard people were panicking and taking jerry can to gas stations? Is that true or just gossip?? :bradley:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ やれやれだわ (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡
G U C C I

People in the southeastern US (I was born and raised in the area and also still live there so I can say this) are for the large part the dumbest motherf*cking drama queens on the planet. As a whole, this regions constant need to be on the edge of the end of times and outraged by literally everything is second to none. 

• Like 1
Mindblown
10 minutes ago, G U C C I said:

People in the southeastern US (I was born and raised in the area and also still live there so I can say this) are for the large part the dumbest motherf*cking drama queens on the planet. As a whole, this regions constant need to be on the edge of the end of times and outraged by literally everything is second to none. 

It's 7am and you just dragged the whole southeastern portion of the US, I can't lie, it's a great way for me to wake up :ladyhaha:

• Like 1
  • LMAO 1