MARRY THE NIGHT ANNIVERSARY T-SHIRT

society

Deep sea fish washes up on beach

Featured Posts

FfFfFfFF
Posted (edited)

E1CLPZkUUAYWMEJ?format=jpg&name=small

With its mouth agape – revealing a set of pointy black teeth – and a large protruding appendage surrounded by a series of tentacles, the sea creature resembled something out of a horror film. But, the 18in-wide fish, which somehow found its way from the depths of the Pacific to the shores of Newport Beach last Friday, is very real. It’s just a rare find.

One of the 300 species of anglerfish found around the world was spotted at Crystal Cove state park by  beachgoer Ben Estes. The specimen was in perfectly preserved condition.

“I knew it was an unusual find,” Estes told the Guardian of his discovery.  “I have never seen a fish that looked like that before.”

4032.jpg?width=620&quality=85&auto=forma

4032.jpg?width=940&quality=85&auto=forma

Spoiler

E055Nj8VEAEt4Qw?format=jpg&name=largeE055Nj9UUAAe8Dx?format=jpg&name=smallE055Nj8VoAEigRG?format=jpg&name=small

“I don’t know if he understood the implications of what he found,” Jessica Roame, the education coordinator at Davey’s Locker Sportfishing & Whale Watching, told the Los Angeles Times of Estes’s discovery. 

There aren’t yet a whole lot of answers to those questions, said John Ugoretz of the California department of fish and game in an email. Researchers are just glad to get another glance at the species, which typically dwells in the dark underwater abysses about 3,000ft from the surface. They are rarely recovered from the depths.

After it was frozen, officials in the California state parks service were connected with the LA county Natural History Museum “in hopes that it can be transferred to their collection”, Ugoretz said. 

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/may/11/deep-sea-anglerfish-california-beach-finding-nemo

Edited by FfFfFfFF
►► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ►► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ►► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ►► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ►
  • Like 4
  • LMAO 1
  • YAAAS 2
  • Love 1
  • Shook 5
ItWasntLaauv

It’s so nasty, but so cool!! The ocean is such a mystery, I wanna know of all the little sea monsters that lurk in the abyss. :bradley:

• Love 1
Lighter
Posted (edited)

oh my god that’s The Fame Monster! get your cameras out let’s kill it!!

fbb7eb66d5b1c622820cc445f78e02ad.gif

Edited by Lighter
  • LMAO 11
  • YAAAS 2
C1trus
4 minutes ago, ItWasntLaauv said:

I wanna know of all the little sea monsters that lurk in the abyss. :bradley:

Probably Gaga fans. 

ι'м ρυℓℓιηg үσυя sтяιηgs
Wixson

Ugh, it's kinda beautiful but freaky as ****. Imagine seeing that thing dead or alive next to you at the beach. :rip:

alsemanche

Is this its natural color or is it covered with something? It's so fascinating

Soft, soothing, and succulent
RAMROD

I heard deep sea fishes come to the surface to die usually,  perhaps that's why??

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ やれやれだわ (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡
Meraki

I hope this is normal and that they're not going extinct or something. Angler fish are very cool. They have special red light vision in the deep sea, i think aided by the thing hanging over its head. Other fish don't pick up on it, so it easily snatches up other fish. I love them!

If you don't know my heart, you're never gonna break it.
Chromatislaps
48 minutes ago, Neroneau said:

It’s so ugly!

thats not so very Born This Way of you :huntyga:

• LMAO 1
weed

is it covered in oil? RIP but super cool

Franch Toast

Yeah, this is why I'm not such a fan of swimming in the ocean. 

She/Her/Hers