đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Justin Bieber dragged for wearing a durag

COOOK

Featured Posts

Jose P
Just now, Werk said:

No I was asking for help on how to respond to that user who said that in the quotes :selena: Also I want to say most of the people who cultural appropriate it like the durag or AAVE for example don't even know the purpose or reasoning behind of it but I know someone's gonna say "So what? He can wear what he wants" 

Plsss the post is so long I didn’t know the whole thing was a quote, sorry. 

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Chlorine Sevigny

We know where he gets his peaches and his w**d. I wonder where he gets his durags? :oprah:

PartySick
21 minutes ago, Jose P said:

Black people are even banned from wearing a durag on many places in the US, and it’s something that has become a symbol of black pride movements and is ingrained in African American culture as it literally dates all the way to Ethiopian kings and then African slaves. But yet this white man using it as a costume shamelessly is not a problem?

I feel like this conversation goes in circles every time it comes up :smh:

All that's true. So why are we mad at the white guy who gets away with it and not the people who make it a problem for POC when they wear what they want? It makes no sense :smh:

Y'all wanna be mad at the people who don't experience issues rather than taking on the people who create issues for others.

23 minutes ago, PropaGaga said:

I mean, you're a mod on a Lady Gaga forum.

And? What a ridiculous comment :laughga: Show me the clip of Lady Gaga saying Justin Bieber's fashion is what's wrong with the world.

Bieber is irrelevant to this entire thing. At worst, he's a symptom to the disease. I'm literally sick to death of seeing pointless sh*t like this make headlines while millions suffer.

Gaga writes songs about tragedies like Trayvon Martin's death. At my JWT show, when she sat down at the piano she made sure to tell all 15,500 people there to sign the petition to reinstate the voting rights if over a million black Florida residents. During the BLM push last year, she gave her social media accounts to allies to spread the good message. She cares about REAL sh*t.

The only thing you accomplish by angrily writing on the internet about "this celebrity wore this, well this celebrity did that" is making yourself feel better.

I'm done speaking on it. I refuse to continue going in circles :smh:

đź–¤

ALGAYDO
3 minutes ago, Werk said:

No I was asking for help on how to respond to that user who said that in the quotes :selena: Also I want to say most of the people who cultural appropriate it like the durag or AAVE for example don't even know the purpose or reasoning behind of it but I know someone's gonna say "So what? He can wear what he wants" 

Sis I misread you completely and now I look like such a fool :air: 

Sneaky Oliver

To be honest, I don't think he's even aware of what a durag is or what it means. He must have seen it worn by some black dude on instagram and thought it was cool. Not defending him by any means, it's just that I think he is weirdly uneducated about many things and it's so sad such a big global artist can't learn about this kind of sensitive stuff. Gaga was right when she said labels treat artists as money-making machines.

I’m on my Legacy Act era

PropaGaga
4 minutes ago, PartySick said:

And? What a ridiculous comment :laughga: Show me the clip of Lady Gaga saying Justin Bieber's fashion is what's wrong with the world.

It's not ridiculous, because you seem to be implying people can't feel or focus on several things at once. Someone can be upset at a celebrity being ignorant and perpetuating a stereotype and focus on "real world" issues as well. What are you doing instead of spending time on here?

Pennywise

Some people in this thread sound like:

Whats-App-Image-2021-05-09-at-23-22-26.j

YOUR GOD IS NOT HERE MICHAEL NOR WILL HE EVER BE

Jose P
5 minutes ago, PartySick said:

All that's true. So why are we mad at the white guy who gets away with it and not the people who make it a problem for POC when they wear what they want? It makes no sense :smh:

We can criticize both though, the larger issue concerning POC being banned from wearing this same clothing and also the white man that’s a public figure and thus should be less ignorant about this stuff.

PropaGaga

People not realizing that pop culture trickles down and impacts... quite a bit is funny. I'm sure some of you guys thought the Italian TV hosts doing blackface wasn't bad either, and was a waste of energy when people were upset about it.

Living
1 hour ago, PartySick said:

Some people really have nothing better to do than follow Justin Bieber around and wait to get mad :rip:

Y'all know there are actual problems out there that are being ignored because all the headlines are talking about this dude...right? :huntyga:

This is the exact comment I expect from someone with a Michael Jackson avi :trollga:

Justin Drew Bieber
34 minutes ago, PartySick said:

I feel like this conversation goes in circles every time it comes up :smh:

Y'all wanna be mad at the people who don't experience issues rather than taking on the people who create issues for others.

Bieber is irrelevant to this entire thing. At worst, he's a symptom to the disease. I'm literally sick to death of seeing pointless sh*t like this make headlines while millions suffer.

Gaga writes songs about tragedies like Trayvon Martin's death. At my JWT show, when she sat down at the piano she made sure to tell all 15,500 people there to sign the petition to reinstate the voting rights if over a million black Florida residents. During the BLM push last year, she gave her social media accounts to allies to spread the good message. She cares about REAL sh*t.

The only thing you accomplish by angrily writing on the internet about "this celebrity wore this, well this celebrity did that" is making yourself feel better.

I'm done speaking on it. I refuse to continue going in circles :smh:

This. They don’t care about the issue, they see a chance to “drag” Justin so they take it. That’s literally all it is. It’s best to just ignore them.

Debithius

Guys you need to calm the f**k down. He is wearing a Durag because of his braids. I wear a Durag because of my braids every night or if I want to wear a hat in public. Jesus Christ.

However, I didn't have the train visible so I tucked it in.

DpHitch1992

Some people really have nothing better to do than follow Justin Bieber around and wait to get mad :rip:

Y'all know there are actual problems out there that are being ignored because all the headlines are talking about this dude...right? :huntyga:

I find this so hypocritical since your a mj stan who spreads false information. 

js4754394o9823

Problems like black people fired from jobs for wearning their natural hair in a protective style?

red wine, cheap perfume and a filthy pout

Archived