💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Justin Bieber dragged for wearing a durag

COOOK

Featured Posts

littlepotter
13 minutes ago, myluis617 said:

I also didn't say much but “dreads” is a term POC are trying to eliminate because it has a negative historical connotation. Locks is a better term, I kinda cringe seeing people say dreads. 

I was kinda shook when I found that out but also makes total sense

chaeri pls

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ALGAYDO
6 minutes ago, NCgaga said:

I don’t care about your opinion. Every culture borrows from every culture. I discredit your point of you by your constant selective outrage. So you can ignore me and keep it moving. 

Oh so you’re cool with subtle racism? Yah definitely ignoring you lol

ALGAYDO
5 minutes ago, Runway said:

Why do your posts often give MAGA vibes 

i think you know why 👀 

Werk

@ALGAYDO @Runway @Jose P 

Help how does one respond to this quote below? 

"That’s just it though. You aren’t being personally affected by Justin Bieber’s choice of headwear. In what way has Justin Bieber’s headwear personally affected you? If you’ve received negative reactions from people for wearing the same thing, that’s on those people, not him. 

This constant rabid need to jump on anyone for their personal and harmless life choices out of bitterness for the way OTHER people have treated you is just ridiculous. Your anger is completely misdirected toward the people who celebrate and emulate styles that are common amongst other cultures rather than the ones who will denigrate a POC for the same styles. This anger then just comes across as bitterness and envy. 

Also, please stop telling white people they have no space to speak on these things, they’re the ones you’re attempting to paint negatively and they have a right to defend themselves. 

I can’t believe that it has to be pointed out time and again how beyond stupid this whole thing is. The entire concept of cultural appropriation itself is a joke. People can wear THEIR clothes however they please, style THEIR hair however they like and unless you’re paying for it, it shouldn’t be your concern."

Cello

Why does he keep doing this :bear:

she/her 👹🖤 | 🚫Tabloid Junkie🎶

ALGAYDO
8 minutes ago, LittleMonster20 said:

The sooner people realize this the better. People are gonna do it anyway.

The issue here is that when black people do it, it’s seen as “ghetto” and a slew of racially-motivated comments/actions are a carried out. Yet when a white person does it, it’s “cool” and “a unique style” With virtually zero negative impacts.  

ALGAYDO
2 minutes ago, Werk said:

@ALGAYDO @Runway @Jose P Help how do I respond to this? 

"That’s just it though. You aren’t being personally affected by Justin Bieber’s choice of headwear. In what way has Justin Bieber’s headwear personally affected you? If you’ve received negative reactions from people for wearing the same thing, that’s on those people, not him. 

This constant rabid need to jump on anyone for their personal and harmless life choices out of bitterness for the way OTHER people have treated you is just ridiculous. Your anger is completely misdirected toward the people who celebrate and emulate styles that are common amongst other cultures rather than the ones who will denigrate a POC for the same styles. This anger then just comes across as bitterness and envy. 

Also, please stop telling white people they have no space to speak on these things, they’re the ones you’re attempting to paint negatively and they have a right to defend themselves. 

I can’t believe that it has to be pointed out time and again how beyond stupid this whole thing is. The entire concept of cultural appropriation itself is a joke. People can wear THEIR clothes however they please, style THEIR hair however they like and unless you’re paying for it, it shouldn’t be your concern."

You think white people using black culture as a fashion choice is “harmless” and we don’t. You know why. But you do you sis :enigma:

NCgaga
8 minutes ago, ALGAYDO said:

Oh so you’re cool with subtle racism? Yah definitely ignoring you lol

Lol- your inability to accept that everything is not so black and white, and everything is not racism- is your problem, not mine. Move along. 

LittleMonster20
Just now, ALGAYDO said:

The issue here is that when black people do it, it’s seen as “ghetto” and a slew of racially-motivated comments/actions are a carried out. Yet when a white person does it, it’s “cool” and “a unique style” With virtually zero negative impacts.  

And that’s obviously not okay but it’s the way it is. That’s the whole problem that has to focused on.

A non-black person wearing these type of styles is in no way directly harming black people let alone being malicious towards them, they just want to wear their their style. And they can do it if they please. People really need to get over it and focus on the actual problem here which is that black people doing it is seen as the way you described.

Jose P
7 minutes ago, Werk said:

@ALGAYDO @Runway @Jose P Help how do I respond to this? 

Except I don’t think anyone here is actually furious and severely outraged by this. But if one finds it tasteless than one can call that out, no?

What’s this thing y’all love to do about trying to defuse situations by accusing everyone of being more angry than they actually are to then make a point about how the situation isn’t large enough to get that angry, even though I’m sure those of us here aren’t that angry? And thus subsequently diminishing the thing people are criticizing, minor as it is?
No one is calling for widespread protests for Justin’s clothing choices, but we can still criticize it on an Internet forum. And if after the things I’ve described on previous posts you don’t see how this is tasteless then I don’t know what else to say to you. 

GucciGa
42 minutes ago, PartySick said:

Some people really have nothing better to do than follow Justin Bieber around and wait to get mad :rip:

Y'all know there are actual problems out there that are being ignored because all the headlines are talking about this dude...right? :huntyga:

This. Y'all are ridiculous. 

😇

Werk
2 minutes ago, ALGAYDO said:

You think white people using black culture as a fashion choice is “harmless” and we don’t. You know why. But you do you sis :enigma:

Just now, Jose P said:

Except I don’t think anyone here is actually furious and severely outraged by this. But if one finds it tasteless than one can call that out, no?

What’s this thing y’all love to do about trying to defuse situations by accusing everyone of being more angry than they actually are to then make a point about how the situation isn’t large enough to get that angry, even though I’m sure those of us here aren’t that angry? And thus subsequently diminishing the thing people are criticizing, minor as it is. 
No one is calling for widespread protests for Justin’s clothing choices, but we can still criticize it on an Internet forum. And if after the things I’ve described on previous posts you don’t see how this is tasteless then I don’t know what else to say to you. 

No I was asking for help on how to respond to that user who said that in the quotes :selena: Also I want to say most of the people who cultural appropriate it like the durag or AAVE for example don't even know the purpose or reasoning behind of it but I know someone's gonna say "So what? He can wear what he wants" 

Archived