• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Runway
9 minutes ago, Chromatography said:

wait what song is this?? 

3 minutes ago, PartySick said:

This, I'm assuming

The hell I am :ladyhaha: y'all are the ones caught up in celebrity drama while people are out there fighting and dying for their right to vote, work for a living, and exist in the equality that was promised to them.

Keep arguing about Bieber's hair or what he's wearing, I'm sure that'll stop Jim Crow 2.0, the rise of the American Alt-Right, and the military-like police culture.

Also this

Jose P
15 minutes ago, PartySick said:

Some people really have nothing better to do than follow Justin Bieber around and wait to get mad :rip:

Y'all know there are actual problems out there that are being ignored because all the headlines are talking about this dude...right? :huntyga:

Black people are even banned from wearing a durag on many places in the US, and it’s something that has become a symbol of black pride movements and is ingrained in African American culture as it literally dates all the way to Ethiopian kings and then African slaves. But yet this white man using it as a costume shamelessly is not a problem?

LittleMonster20

Instead of attacking those that wear this type of stuff people should be more dedicated to the actual problem which is no longer making the people of the original culture who wear it penalized for it. However someone from another culture simply wearing it has no effect at all, although it is in poor taste obviously.

PEZ

Is there a difference between wearing a durag and a bandana? Asking because I tie my hair up and back in a bandana when working in the heat and I don't want to get dragged for covering it :selena: Idk what the difference is except the tie in the back is shaped a lil different?

⚡🐲

PropaGaga
3 minutes ago, PartySick said:

The hell I am :ladyhaha: y'all are the ones caught up in celebrity drama while people are out there fighting and dying for their right to vote, work for a living, and exist in the equality that was promised to them.

Keep arguing about Bieber's hair or what he's wearing, I'm sure that'll stop Jim Crow 2.0, the rise of the American Alt-Right, and the military-like police culture.

I mean, you're a mod on a Lady Gaga forum.

ALGAYDO
17 minutes ago, PartySick said:

Some people really have nothing better to do than follow Justin Bieber around and wait to get mad :rip:

Y'all know there are actual problems out there that are being ignored because all the headlines are talking about this dude...right? :huntyga:

Uhhh you can be mad at white dude using black culture as a costume AND STILL be fighting for racial equality where it actually matters. Those aren’t mutually exclusive to one another :emma:

NCgaga

Oh lord here we go. Fake outrage over a style no one owns. No human being can tell another human what they can or cannot wear. All styles are borrowed- that’s how culture begins. Humans evolve and styles change. Get over it. 

dynamite
21 minutes ago, bionic said:

what would the meme be about? :gum: :laughga: 

Idk it's just such an ancient sounding name to me :poot:

ALGAYDO
1 minute ago, NCgaga said:

Oh lord here we go. Fake outrage over a style no one owns. No human being can tell another human what they can or cannot wear. All styles are borrowed- that’s how culture begins. Humans evolve and styles change. Get over it. 

Are you a POC?

Jose P

From Wikipedia:

While the contemporary English nomenclature for the object originated in the 1960s, the object itself is older. Do-rags were originally worn by Ethiopian kings, especially by Menelik II (1841–1921), and later worn by enslaved African American women and laborers in the 19th century. In the 1930s, during the Harlem Renaissance and Great Depression, the do-rag was used to maintain hairstyles.

During the black pride movement of the 1960s and '70s, do-rags became a fashion statement among African American men. In the 1990s, do-rags were further popularized by rappers like Jay-Z, Nelly, and 50 Cent. The popularity of rappers such as A$AP Ferg and the waves hairstyle have re-stimulated the use of do-rags.

But sure, let’s erase years and years of black history!

NCgaga
Just now, ALGAYDO said:

Are you a POC?

I don’t care about your opinion. Every culture borrows from every culture. I discredit your point of you by your constant selective outrage. So you can ignore me and keep it moving. 

PartySick
5 minutes ago, ALGAYDO said:

Uhhh you can be mad at white dude using black culture as a costume AND STILL be fighting for racial equality where it actually matters. Those aren’t mutually exclusive to one another :emma:

Yeah but the media will only talk about the former, especially when it gets those clicked from outraged internet users :huntyga:

This just isn't something that deserves an iota of energy until people are no longer dying under cops' knees. You and I have already had this conversation, we know how each other feel :diane:

🖤

LittleMonster20
3 minutes ago, NCgaga said:

No human being can tell another human what they can or cannot wear. 

The sooner people realize this the better. People are gonna do it anyway.

Runway

I don’t care about your opinion. Every culture borrows from every culture. I discredit your point of you by your constant selective outrage. So you can ignore me and keep it moving. 

Why do your posts often give MAGA vibes 

Archived