💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
series

Lawyer reacts to Rupaul Drag Race contract.

JusKeepBreathin

Featured Posts

JusKeepBreathin

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

Kitana

this is so interesting and my god that contract is the entrance to a jail

You will learn respect!

SpadesToStart

I watched the original vid and this one. That contract is downright predatory!

Ricardo
3 minutes ago, BUtterfield 8 said:

Tl;dr?

I think the most prominent point is that they are obligated to tour or participate in any season they are told to and this extends for a few years after they signed and everytime they say yes it's a new contract, I mean years are not accumulated and it starts all over again, so basically they sold their souls to RuPaul for a decade at least 

also every content they make on the show belongs to RuPaul and that includes even quotes or their images 

River

Isn't she Xtina?:poot:

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

BUtterfield 8
35 minutes ago, Ricardo said:

I think the most prominent point is that they are obligated to tour or participate in any season they are told to and this extends for a few years after they signed and everytime they say yes it's a new contract, I mean years are not accumulated and it starts all over again, so basically they sold their souls to RuPaul for a decade at least 

also every content they make on the show belongs to RuPaul and that includes even quotes or their images 

Okay I watched the video (@ 2x speed lol)

I can’t wait for the day a queen sues drag race. Because with this crazy contract it’s gonna happen.

I wonder if this contract though is common in reality tv or just for Viacom Shows 

LaLuna

Yeah, I watched Bussy's video and it had me shaking my head the whole time. World of Wonder is disgusting and greedy af. No wonder Willam has been calling them out for years. I don't know why queens keep agreeing to sell their souls like this. Actually yes I do know: fame, exposure and better gigs. But is it really worth it, especially if you end up being one of the first to go home or don't make much of an impact on the show...

Kadikaado
1 hour ago, Ricardo said:

What I truly question is: If make a cameo on RPDR, like Trixie sending a video message to the girls or Raven visiting the werqroom, but not competing, would it necessarily bind you with Rupaul for another 4 years?

And yes, she is right about the wardrobe thing! It is so unfair, they are making MILLIONS with this show, if you win you get only 100,000 dollars if you consider the taxes you get 60k for you and that was the amount of money GottMik spent on her wardrobe, so totally unfair. It gives an unfair advantage to queens with money/funds. IMO RPDR should provide each queen with 20k dollars and say: that's your amount of money and you have to get your wardrobe/wigs/shoes with that amount of money and you have to give us the receipt for each bead on your outfit so we know you didn't took monetary advantage. That would solve the problem of queens who can't afford good looks and also queens spending $60k on looks and havind a debt for the rest of their life.

Kameron Michaels said she took a mortgage on her house to go on Drag Race and I don't think it's fair at all. Her looks were incredible, but I always had the impression she wasn't good enough and was kept on the race only for the looks she brought, that Maleficent look must have cost at least $10,000.

I am authistic, so don't be offended if I make a mess sometimes.

vinster13

Damn this is crazy I had no idea they were literally selling their souls and mortgaging there house

Archived