BORN THIS WAY ANNIVERSARY T-SHIRT

politics

Farmer expands Belgium's territory by accident

Featured Posts

FfFfFfFF

newFile-6.jpg?width=982&height=726&auto=

The boundary between France and Belgium is believed to have been inadvertently redrawn by a farmer who found the 200-year-old border stone marking the divide in an inconvenient location for his tractor.

The Belgian farmer could theoretically face criminal charges after making Belgium bigger by moving the stone that has marked the border since after the defeat of Napoleon at the battle of Waterloo.

A local amateur historian taking a walk in forest near to the Belgian village of Erquelinnes discovered two weeks ago that the stone dating back to 1819 had been moved 2.29 metres (7.5ft). The farmer’s perimeter fence had also been shifted.

While amused by the enlargement of his town, David Lavaux, the mayor of Erquelinnes, gently pointed out that the farmer was legally obliged to move the border stone back – and that it would be best not “to create a diplomatic incident”.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/may/04/farmer-moves-border-stone-for-tractor-and-makes-belgium-bigger

►► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ►► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ►► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ►► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ►
  • Like 1
  • LMAO 17
weed

is the border only defined by those stones? :air: he's kind of an icon, expanding his country out of frustration

• Like 4
  • LMAO 5
  • YAAAS 2
bionic

This is how World War Three starts isn't it :gum: 

buy bionic
  • LMAO 1
Varys
11 minutes ago, Living said:

This cannot stand, we must all go to war

Fight me bitch 

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886834376fb772132ad69

Banned 04/19/2020 - 04/19/2020
  • LMAO 7
  • Shook 1
Rhiannon

I love my country so much sometimes !

That’s king attitude right there hahaahha :ladyhaha: :lmao:

R.
  • LMAO 1
Stupid Oreo
33 minutes ago, Varys said:

Fight me bitch 

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886834376fb772132ad69

:air:

Operation: kill the oreo bitch
Gagz4Gaga

China taking notes to steal more territories from other countries teas..

nostalgia’s for geeks
  • LMAO 1
huttont
Posted (edited)

The tractor heard round the world 

Edited by huttont
  • LMAO 2
JRCF29

Maybe it's lost in translation, but neither of the two mayors seemed to think it was very funny even though they kept saying it was very funny. Weird

Don't Call Me Gaga
  • LMAO 1
FfFfFfFF

Btw, last time this happened was when Poland ''invaded'' Czechia last year. :deadbanana:

In late May 2020, Polish Military troops arriving from Pielgrzymów crossed the Hrozová stream marking the border with Czechia, and unintentionally occupied a few dozen meters of Czech territory in the former village of Pelhřimovy, near the town of Slezské Rudoltice.

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/06/12/europe/poland-czech-republic-invasion-scli-intl/index.html

►► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ►► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ►► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ►► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ►