Influencer under fire for euthanizing dog after biting her son

BUtterfield 8

Featured Posts

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Fuffy

This is a tricky one.

I grew up on a farm and had to euthanize all sorts of animals due to old age or suffering, sometimes even baby animals by hand which was the worst. This was usually for their own benefit to give them a better quality of life (which we oddly don't give to suffering humans).

However, I once had an aggressive rooster attack my young nephew and it really terrified him, so I had to put the bird down. It's not pleasant at all and not necessarily the animal's or pet's fault, but the emotional and physical safety of my nephew was more important. 

So I sympathize with them to an extent on putting family over pets (who are extensions of the family). However, trying to make money off this suffering is wrong. This should have been privately handled away from YouTube and social media.

lasagna

imagine killing your dog because it behaved like a dog :air:

human turd

LateToCult

Posing for a picture with your dog to go with the Instagram post about putting him down gives me psychopath vibes. 

CommonWhiteGirl

Maybe they could've spent their money on behavioral training for the dog instead of doing this pathetic cash grab for attention. I understand that the safety of a their child comes first but their reasoning for not rehousing the dog is completely selfish and not justified by any means. And the fact that they wanted to put the dog down "immediately" is raising some MAJOR red flags for me. Absolutely disgusting imo. 

sarahb

I haven't watched the video but was the bite a one off or did the dog have a history of aggressive behaviour? Because if it's the latter then I can understand that they feared for their son and prioritised his life over the dog. And rehoming an aggressive dog isn't easy when there's plenty of non-aggressive dogs needing homes. 

Spyro

I'm kinda on the fence on this one.  And maybe I'm just a little ignorant on this subject since I didn't really grew up with pets, but would any one really adopt a dog when they found it was given up because it bit a child? :selena: 

Spyro the Dragon

Der Meister

Imagine if we had to put each other down when we beat each other... I'm pretty sure that couple will beat their kids at some point, what will happen then?

AJRocketMan
Just now, Spyro said:

I'm kinda on the fence on this one.  And maybe I'm just a little ignorant on this subject since I didn't really grew up with pets, but would any one really adopt a dog when they found it was given up because it bit a child? :selena: 

Because plenty of people don’t have kids and have no intention of having them.

lasagna

gonna show this to my nephew the next time he bites me :dom:

human turd

sarahb
1 minute ago, AJRocketMan said:

Eventhough I don't have kids I'd rather adopt a non-bitey one. Who's to say it won't attack me or my nieces or even some random kid on a walk?

Spyro
5 minutes ago, AJRocketMan said:

Not really the point.  The dog has a history of aggression and injuring a person. 

And to go off your point, the new (hypothetical) owners then have to avoid children all together through it's life.  Which means, no going to friends houses with kids, or family events.  Doesn't really sound pleasant if I was that dog owner, but I'm just giving my own anecdotal view.

Spyro the Dragon

GagaSine
6 minutes ago, Spyro said:

Not really the point.  The dog has a history of aggression and injuring a person. 

And to go off your point, the new (hypothetical) owners then have to avoid children all together through it's life.  Which means, no going to friends houses with kids, or family events.  Doesn't really sound pleasant if I was that dog owner, but I'm just giving my own anecdotal view.

Well there are actually plenty of people who rehab/adopt difficult dogs.

I have a friend who has two junkyard dogs (they literally were feral, born and lived in a junkyard for the first years of their lives), even though she has had them for over six years they are not properly socialized, but she still puts in the effort to take care of them and ensure they and everyone around them during walks & outings are safe.

It's definitely a lot of work though and you have to be knowledgeable about dog training/behaviour so you don't screw them up any further so it's understandable that the average person can't or won't do that.

Runway

The way they decided to have a photo shoot before killing him :deadbanana:

Archived